Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Written Examiners, 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

I should be paid friday, we finished a week earlier or possibly less so it might be sooner than you think. The person who got back to me eventually was very helpful, send an email with your buk number of pps and they should be able to tell you where you are on the schedule!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I got my payment today. I posted in my claim form to my AE on July 21st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭pandoraj09

Got paid yesterday. Really happy with what I got. Well worth the 25 and a half days slog!!!!!!! Our sprioclá was July 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brightsideb

Still waiting! Last day was 22nd. Hoping to see it soon. Emailed the SEC with bunk no. And ppsn.

Update:

"We log all forms of account as soon as we receive same here into the financial Section, and to date we have not yet received yours, we are aware of claims missing for this subject, and we are currently investigating same with the Advising Examiners, and the Chief Advising Examiners."

Unsure what to make of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Purefrank128

What subject?

JC English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

I got paid, earlier than I thought, but not accurate. This is the crap I hate. The emailing back and forth and watching until it is right.

I’d be raging if AE hadn’t sent my form in!

It's incredibly frustrating. I posted my forms on the 22nd July. Won't be doing this again next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I know it's no help to anyone needing the payment quickly, but I was used to being paid mid October to mid November when I started first, so I wouldn't even wonder at it 'til end of September, and then hope it'll be soon. I got an email yesterday or day before to say that I'd be paid next Thursday, and if not, the following one. They must be getting loads of calls about payment to say they sent that, I don't ever remember getting one before.

The SEC staff are under so much pressure all the time, it's not unusual to get a call from them up to 9pm at night, it must be such a fraught working environment to be in every day.

• Advertisement

Ah, I've never heard of that, that's mad! Hope it gets sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya the whole thing about payroll being under soooo much pressure with paperwork doesn't really wash with me.

It's simple, you do the work, you get paid.

It's not as if they didn't know you'd be marking or how many papers would be sat, and how many markers they would be paying.

They knew well in advance, but yet here we are again dealing with "lost paperwork", if you were a private sector employee and told you may or may not get paid 2 months later (but do the work anyway) I think you'd be looking for a different job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm not saying it's ok Treppen, just that I was accustomed to it from the mid 90s, so I have zero expectation before October. I know they should pay faster, but it's the big offices in the SEC that are at fault, not the poor wretches at the end of the email and phones answering frustrated/broke examiners. When thing gets manic they're pulled out of Exams Financial to others areas, so bound to be behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's not that simple. They can only process what has been sent into them. If an AE or CAE has delayed in sending back paperwork, that is not the fault of the person in payroll who is dealing with it. If payroll told me they hadn't received my form yet, I would be dropping a line to my AE and asking what the story is, I've had to do that in the past. The other thing is some teachers take the piss with what they are claiming for, and those things have to be followed up with CAE/ Chief Examiner to see if they have been approved or not, and that slows down processing. Most examiners I would imagine fill in their forms accurately, but some attempt to claim for stuff they are not entitled to.

If I don't hear back about this soon I will make contact with my AE. I only claimed the basics. Nothing extra. Posted the form the same day I finished and was told by my AE that they would be posting our forms within 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 N Q T

I'm hoping to be paid this week. I haven't been paid by any employer since 15 July, when I got €288 net from the SEC at the same time as €200 net from the department. I haven't been able to pause my outgoings (€800 a month if I stick to a tight budget). There's no way I could mark exams again or encourage anyone in my situation to do it unless the payment system changes completely. The last few weeks wouldn't have been a struggle if I had done any other summer job.

Update:

"We received all these forms of account in today in the post, and we endeavour to issue payment as soon as possible."

God, that's highly unusual! To be fair any advising examiner I've dealt with has been fantastic, sorry this happened!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's shocking.

Not that it is any defence, but I believe the CAE waits until they have all the forms from their AEs (who in turn wait for all the forms from their Examiners) so the delay may have been another Examiner. Still though, almost two months is unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 N Q T

Six working weeks have passed since my form of account was received but there's no sign that it's been processed. I marked my full set of scripts plus a third by the sprioclá and didn't claim any expenses. I knew it would be demanding work but they really haven't kept their side of the deal.

• Advertisement

Totally agree. Won't be correcting next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭History Queen

Ah here... there must be a backstory to this.... students will be waiting a while for results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

I wonder have they found a stack of unmarked papers or is the problem

across subjects?

either way it is unsettling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know in at least one of the 'big three' subjects there was a big problem getting examiners.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Finally got paid on Thursday. It's annoying to have to wait but have to say on the whole I'd do it again. This will pay for quite a few household bills.

It would be great if this year's bonus payment just became the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭salonfire

This is not correct. Tradesmen often are left waiting for weeks to be paid. And have to do additional work in chasing up slow payers.

Expenses are only paid once a quarter in some companies, meaning people are out of pocket three months.

Believe it or not among the moan fest that's here, other people have it worse off.

We'll look who it is!

Chief thread spoiler himself...

Back with the old dog in a manger argument as his opening gambit.

How quaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭salonfire

Great. I see you don't rebuff my point and resort instead to childish personal digs.

I'm happy to correct you on this point. Wouldn't want you feeling more hard done by than everyone in the private sector, now would we.

Childish digs ehh...

You went first "moan fest that's here".

...and no I don't feel hard done by compared to private sector, because there are no equivalent jobs in the "private sector".

So unlike the typical teacher basher like yourself I won't be comparing the shortage of teachers in schools to the shortage of waiters and shelf stackers.

But please... do go on. We love to be told how things are in the teaching profession, by lurkers such as yourself.

Or else maybe address the topic in hand rather than the usual drag off thread schtick.

• Advertisement

Looks like something finally going in 6th October. Taxed at the high rate, which I never reach, but I will get that back.

Sprioc Lá 19th July.

Advertisement