Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9-10 Monday to Friday: The Ultimate Hell Week (The Late Late Show: Friday 16th September 2022)

• 15-09-2022 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Not a whole lot happening this week.

"Brenda Fricker will chat with Ryan about the series Holding, working on her memoir and how her dog Juno is giving her a run for her money."

The usual RTE plug. Whatever.

"Ultimate Hell Week: The Professionals contestants Fiona O'Carroll and Pamela Uba will speak about why they wanted to face their fears in signing up to be part of this year's show."

"Huhhuhhuhhuh...how did it feel when you lifted the Stanley Cup there in Giants Stadium after scoring five points in the soccerball game? Did it make you proud?"

"Ryan will also meet the Irish Rugby Sevens squad who created history last weekend when they beat Australia to win bronze at the World Cup in Cape Town."

This one has something of a reputation online as an inveterate complainer-not to dissimilar to all the other InstaHuns then. (Renowned? Really?)

"Also, renowned baker and owner of 2210 Patisserie, Una Leonard will tell Ryan about how discovering a love of baking helped to save her life after she hit rock bottom which led to her creating a hugely successful business and landing a book deal."

Book plug. Hobbidy will be looking for colorised wounds.

"Plus, historian Michael B. Barry and photographer John O'Byrne will showcase their new book, The Irish Civil War in Colour. By showing a series of colourised photographs from the new book, Michael and John will tell the story of the complicated conflict that was The Irish Civil War."

Music by The Academic-whoever he is.

Post edited by Pelvis Parsley on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

*Looks at this weeks guests.....

...Gun into mouth....

....pull trigger....

...misfires...

....Im now a guest on next weeks Late Late Show.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

What an impressive line up of guests. Not At least I’ve heard of Brenda Fricker, but that’s about all. Underwhelming in the extreme.

Following a recommendation elsewhere, I will be binge watching Dark on Netflix. Look forward to the thread, though 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Piers on also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

No, but he was one half of a brief lookalike meme which was complemented by Missus Brenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Today is the 16th....the title of the thread is the 6th....watching the Late Late Show is taking time off your life OP!!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Dunno what you're talking about...cough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,085 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As soon as I text for the competition I’m ouha here folks. #puketv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hi all was away last week - seen the gladiator singing in the pub - the night the queen died last week ---- looked epic show last week.

But gave your man the thumbs down.

Always find it funny that they have the jolly, upbeat 'Treat Her Right' music as Ryan's walk-on music, in sharp contrast to the misery that lays ahead.

• Advertisement

The last time Ryan was surrounded by so many sportsmen was when they strapped him to the roof of a car naked and ditched him in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Could they not just play Zeppelin cover songs for the next two hours instead of listening to these airheads?

Nice lads and that - but recently heard that South Dublin accent and - was nearly like their own English - actually found it hard to understand them talk. These ones are neutral enough - but do people know they one I'm talking about.

Jaysus he is a pain that lad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

If it keeps on raining, the levee's gonna break 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭obi604

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Yea like 90% of the Leinster team... Roysh goyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Nice fellas, fair play to them.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

That is it - any particular part of Dublin that it is strong - very nasally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Green Room strikes again

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Fiona doesn't sound like she's in a great place still. Separation/divorce isn't easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

That choker has me worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Is the Jordan lad a culchie, no south dublin on him, think he partook in the free gargle. The captain sounded down to earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Ah now we are onto the good stuff.

"You seem in good form" says tubs, sounding like he's found a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

wouldn’t know these two at all

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Jordan was in that Dancing with the Stars - always has come across a bellend.

Misery slot now with these two - oh how life is so hard for us.

I actually recently realized how bad covid was for me - I liked meeting friends etc - was outgoing - but covid can actually change you. And it is hard to change back as others are changed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

There's tears there. If it was just her he'd go for the kill.

Now he's a dog that doesn't know which sheep to chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

two buzz killingtons here

Advertisement