Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

you mean moved into her greenhouse....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The little island cat who has been coming for food for a while ( his owner said he never fed her as he did not have time.) has made amazing and delightful progress. Never one iota of aggression from him and if I am outside he follows. Now he has decided to take up permanent residence atop the bottom of my bed. Huge progress for a little cat left outside for years. He walked oddly; back legs out diagonally. We thought it was inbreeding. But as he has gained weight that has eased too and he looks as he is, a sturdy, healthy and affectionate little cat. Happy cat; happy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm almost afraid to go into the greenhouse. 10 angry eyes and 5 hisses. Those little kittens are firey like their mother.

HE KISSED ME! Walked all the way up the bed (I am on semi bed rest ) and KISSED ME! It made my year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My cat has taken to jumping up on my work-from-home desk and then pushing his bum into my chest as a request for back scratches. It's adorable.

• Advertisement

ON dark days when pain is bad and we are weary..these little furry ones give us so much love.

Even after all these years it humbles and delights. This one especially as he had such a hard time and now his eyes are at last free and clear of lingering hurt. he turned a corner as they say... All we do and all we can do is love them, feed them, give them all they need.

Little mother cat is quickly becoming a pet.

When the kittens are weaned, I'll have her spayed.

Well. some good news here..... Next week will see two new rescue cats arriving... I am delighted. It has not been an easy matter with my home being offshore but I am in touch with someone in a small rescue who will be bringing them over.

I went into the greenhouse today, and mammy cat called the pusheens over to meet me. Lovely that she trusts me with them.

• Advertisement

Littlest cat after demolishing his raw drumstick ( LOVE watching him eat) has leapt atop my bed... then run all the way up to sit on my neck and gaze into my eyes! Awwww... He hs never done this before..

This was a totally neglected wee farm cat, with splayed back legs who Oliver bought home a year or three ago. The "owner " knows but dare not say a word and i say nothing. Nor have I ever spoken any criticism. Just loved his cat,,

He was never fed. Never any attention. Outside ...

Tonto is safe here.. But how lovely a character he has.. Comes blackberrying with me... Utterly devoted..

Who needs a dog!

A parcel came today. Lovely big box... So I unpacked it... and within a few minutes... yep you guessed.. Oliver was curled up in it. Ears just showing above the top..

They already HAVE two big boxes in the kitchen but hey! A NEW ONE>> WOW..

The other two, the island cats, now order me to OPEN THE DOOR.. LET ME OUT... LET ME IN... with all the aplomb of life- long house cats...

HE LOVES ME!"

Iam fending off a full scale "assault"!On my front, face as close as he can get it,, purring loud... These folk who ignore cats etc really miss out! Every day more demonstrative. If there is one thing I am doing right in this life it is caring for little cat. How anyone could ill treat them or neglct them.. An dhe refuses to budge.. lol and almost tears..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

These forums are great.... I'm just here reminiscing about my late dog and remembering the time I was having an issue with hedgehogs annoying my dog through the fence and coming into a certain death as he used to kill them when they came in. Nothing I could do about it as it was a fenced garden and I would let him roam around the garden at night alone as he liked to do that.

Anyway the helpful people from this forum said that dog should be shot. Great people here alright.

Mod edit: Wotzgoingon is banned from this thread for this post.

Post edited by DBB on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Nope, there's absolutely no way that happened. Advocating violence against animals is against the rules of this forum. Perhaps you posted elsewhere on boards?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Wotzgoingon,

I appreciate that you've not always been told what you want to hear on this forum, buy you've never been given poor advice, based on the information you chose to provide with each post you make.

So, I'm taking a very dim view indeed of you coming back to this thread months after you were effectively trolling, to disrespect those that gave you honest advice in good faith, and to tell lies about the advice you were ever given here.

Wotzgoingon, you are hereto banned from posting in this thread again. If you choose to post in the forum again, be advised that your posting style and attitude must improve substantially.

Thanks,

DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mindhorn

Is the Irish Kennel Club the best place to check if looking to buy a puppy? Posted a separate thread re Tibetan Terriers but didn't receive any replies.

There are very few Tib breeders in Ireland, but they're easily found via Google! You should find that they all seem to be reputable and generally tick the boxes for what people should look for from a good, ethical breeder. This is not a breed that has fallen victim to puppy farmers, fortunately.

Try giving the breeders a call and chat about what it is you're looking for?

You know it's properly cold outside when your Newfie wants to sleep outside! But you know it's not frosty yet when he gives up and comes inside.

If you're cold, he's cold, yes but he's delighted.

Poor old 22 year old cat is getting very wobbly on the legs. The vet put her on anti inflammatory for a week, then possibly pain relieving injection.

She's such a good cat, still using her litter tray, and devouring cooked chicken. I'm afraid if the legs give up completely it will be time to say goodbye.

• Advertisement

22! A credit to you for keeping her so well. My tomcat is 13 and he is stiff some days, we put him on Arthriaid and he was like a kitten again, bit typical cat, he refuses to eat food with Arthriaid on it anymore. The vet gave me an option of an injection he can have every 30 days but it's 90 euro. I am so torn honestly, Ok want to do the best for him but 90 euro a month? That's more than I spend on my own meds! The only thing wrong with the boy is his stiffness, I could be looking at 1100 euro a year for nine or more years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I hope my cat lives to 22!!

Budgese, we have the world’s fussiest cat and last year we had to give him gabapentin every day for a couple of months. The only way we could get him to eat it was mixed in with a cream cat treat like https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/cat_treats_catnip/pastes/malt/209698

Could you try something like that and see if it helps? My cat will do basically anything for one of those, even tolerate being in the same room as the puppy 😅

@[Deleted User] The vet mentioned an injection, and did say it is expensive. I'm bringing her back next week. She is a very determined little cat, I can see she is annoyed with her legs not doing what they should. When I help her, she gazes up at me and purrs. I put her litter box closer to her bed, but she was having none of it. Back to it's usual location in the utility, even though it's an effort for her to get there.

As long as she can get about, and can eat and toilet, and is not in pain, that's what I want for her. But I know the dreadful day is coming.

Update, her condition became worse, the legs gave up and she developed organ failure. PTS yesterday. She had a very long and very happy life, never knew a moment's unkindness.

Aw no... so sorry to hear that madmaggie, she'll surely leave a huge void behind her. But... wow... what an incredible and long life she had.

Take care of yourself now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, madmaggie. It sounds like she had an absolutely wonderful life with you and she'll always live on in your memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Merry Christmas Boardsies :) I hope you and yours have a very good one. Excited for Miso’s first Christmas!

also I really miss the complete madness of secret Santa. Came across Peach’s personalised bowl she got in her first one today and it brought back such fond memories 🥰

Happy Christmas everyone! One of my kitties, Oreo, is obsessed with Christmas decorations so to save our few remaining lights we decided to give her her Christmas present early. I was about to throw it upstairs for her when she jumped at my hand to take it; I caught her with a perfect uppercut straight to the face. Funny enough she didn't care!

The two "island cats" are now full house cats. Happy and settled and thriving. The second was left when his lady died and my neighbour actually brought him to the gate .

He has been loved and a house cat and has settled very well and is a delight. Clearly used to being on beds etc,

He had that scratch when he arrived.. All cleared now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Almost 2 months now since we first took our 8 year old shy cat to the vet. We thought she had been injured by a falling box as she was limping a bit, had lost weight and was being more fearful than usual. Her red blood cell count was way down which did suggest an injury, but subsequent blood tests didn't show it recovering and in fact it went further down about 2 weeks after that. We've had countless blood tests and other tests since then to try find out what's going on. She lost a lot of weight, didn't respond very well to steroids and has been pretty lethargic since mid November. We've reduced the steroids to half a tab a day but now she's having ups and downs where every other day she won't eat at all. The vet doesn't know what's going on with her. We've run a full blood panel, chest xray and ultrasound. No masses found, nothing abnormal apart from the low blood count. The red count improved a small bit last week and she put on 100g of weight but now she's barely eating. She ate some chicken yesterday but wouldn't touch anything else. I don't even know what's next if she doesn't pick up. It's so stressful.

Advertisement