Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy lay dead in apartment for more than a week

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭dontmindme

The official tenant of the property had moved out several weeks before. Is it likely the care workers were visiting trying to encourage the addicts there to avail of services and to generally keep an eye on the property? Although if this was the case it would completely contradict the care workers'/PMcVTrust's claim that there was no evidence the property was being used as a drug den - this being completely at odds with neighbours' claims who were living close to the flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Some peoples in McVerry are in a lot of trouble here. I've no doubt the people visiting had a look in the door, saw the state and smell of the place (which was probably bad, but similar to what it would usually smell like; near-death, I've been in these places. I've gagged because of these places. Worst. Search. Ever.), and didn't dare set foot inside. Tick a box, as is the norm (I'd imagine) and on your McVerry way. At the very least, this "Trust" should be held to account for the conditions which led to this.

Death and human decomposition does have a unique smell though, so would be hard to claim otherwise unless you've never smelled it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Much like the unfortunate deceased man so.

(If, and it's a big if) McVerrys visited the property as they claim to have done, could they fail to notice that, the unique smell alone would have been a giveaway

• Registered Users Posts: 27,748 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I remember that.

I also remember that I went through the accounts of all these organisations pointing out the complete waste of money, the money spent on high-paid CEOs, the money wasted on lobbying and fundraising and I was also castigated for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Also, when you're complaining about being outbid and ridiculous property prices, just remember which organisation is outbidding you (with your own money)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

"The lower classes"

Who are you, the Earl Of Sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

30th Duke of Panini actually

You must be Captain Literal, Knight of the order of the wrong end of the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 forgedaboutit22

Sick reading all the 'touching' tributes to this dirt bag. He was at the heart of violence, drug dealing and crime. Live by the sword die by it. Family members and friends a pack of junked up knackers just like him. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,249 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has anyone in PMVT commented on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 forgedaboutit22

CEO made some comments, can be seen in Irish Indo, not on here long enough to post links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Fr. Peter on Radio 1 now.

He seens to be phrasing it delicately but hes not that keen on the local communities having a say on shelters in their local area, seems to know well he wouldn't get approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AbbotSinical

Was there any external review of the trust's operations after the dead body was found?

Did Mcverry even bother to give the 'lessons learned' statement that companies, politicians and celebs use to excuse any past failures?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,748 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Oh, I am sure he got one of the other housing charities to look at it and report everything was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Anyone ever arrested for the murder of that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Floppybits

You hear this comment alot, they have no facilities and nothing to do and I am curious as to what is meant by this? Most places have clubs of some sort for kids to join or go to. I know when I was growing up in a not so well off area of north Dublin we had running, football, GAA clubs, marching band, swimming club and even a youth club and most of those clubs were run from School halls or Council fields. I went to school and played with lads that had all these clubs but they still ended up mixed up in drugs and criminality. A few were even killed not long after leaving school. So what does it mean when people say there are no facilities? Does it mean there is nowhere for Teenagers to go hang out unsupervised?

Advertisement