Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Yes it is quite funny actually. The residents of Martha's Vineyard have had their bluff called and now have to their money where their mouth is. Of course it's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Are you actually expecting an answer from Ron de Santis here? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Treating human children as refuse is funny. 🙄

Fuckin hell man that's some warped culture war hole you seem willing to go down or pretend to go down for this post just to post a defence of some religious fuckin hypocrite and his shameful act.

Is this not only ok but funny to you because "the left" is bad or some other utterly stupid idea you may have absorbed from fox news or other entertainment channel?

Its not news its entertainment

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

What a really silly question. Finally some light hearted posting in this thread. 🤣🤣

I'll leave it up to you Dogbert to decide for yourself if I am indeed posting on boards.ie(the ie is for ireland) in the hope that United states politician and media clown Ron desantis is going to reply to me.

🤣🤣Spare us all the crocodile tears

The Marthas vineyard situation is funny. The plight of migrants is not. You can be upset with the latter and still find the former funny.

As for your rant about Fox news and culture wars - ...what are you smoking?

Finding this funny is nothing to do with sticking it to "the left" or fox news or whatever you want to blame. Its funny because the situation is classic irony - people in Martha's vineyard are outspoken and pro-refugee, up until the point they actually have to take some in, and then the backpedaling starts.

The people in marthas vineyard did look after the migrants though. So I dont think this proves the point you think it does

Then where is the tragedy? They all got looked after by wealthy people in a well to do island. Sounds like the ending of a Hallmark movie.

👏👏Fair play to DeSantis for finding a good home for these migrants👏👏

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

The evidence is them being a team on the etiquette thread, back slapping each other

No evidence then. Unless some dork on some other forum posting about a random assortment of boards users is also evidence? Laughable.

You and Leg End Reject need to take a step back from the keyboard and stop playing the histrionic victim-detectives all the time. You two can’t seem to get involved in any discussions without accusing people who disagree with you of being bullies in some sort of giant conspiracy. Get a grip, seriously.

Who would have thought human trafficking could be so heartwarming?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,840 ✭✭✭growleaves

I think we've hit Peak CGI_Livia_Soprano. A paid-for plane journey from Florida to a sanctuary city in New England is 'human trafficking'.

Is a taxi from Dublin airport to Balbriggan human trafficking too?

It is if it’s under false pretences. I doubt there’s a person here who would appreciate being bundled into a plane with their family and carted off somewhere without knowing where they’re going.

Unless it’s a prank on someone else obviously. Then it’s grand. Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭archfi

To be fair, Bill Clinton is a lurker on the island so...ya know

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

On the contrary, the unquestioning acceptance of some very controversial views are common to both, so they are connected.

And if they're wrong in Tavistock - the NHS' centre for this sort of stuff - then do you not think they could be wrong where they use phrases like "birthing person"? After all, this just automatically assumes that all that Tavistock stands for - and all that it's bullying its own staff into diagnosing - is real.

You should be able to comment on the fact that a leading psychiatrist working with this sort of stuff every day is questioning whether some of the diagnoses - not self-identification, but actual formal expert medical diagnoses - of this are simply wrong, and the implications of show-horning in "inclusive" language wherever possible. All that's going to achieve is remove from people's minds the possibility that what they're actually going through is depression, autism, confusion over their sexuality, etc, and reinforce the idea that they must be a birthing man, because that's all anyone's talking about.

So why is the language you use so exclusionary to all these other options? You can say you oppose child abuse, and that's good to hear, but maybe you should act accordingly too.

You're the one who gets angry Rob. Since I entered the thread, I've posted my points in detail and clearly. It's inaccurate to portray my approach as angry - angry is just flinging mud rather than discussing/debating/arguing.

Abusive? I wouldn't say any of us are abusive, as that leads to a banning. More subtle insults though, yes. People get very personal (some, simply because of others' opinions; others when they're defending themselves from said insults, and lies, misrepresentation, smears, browbeating when they've explained thoroughly - all of which IS bullying - and so on).

"You said the Democrat party are to the left and to the right, a bit like a game of hokey pokey gone wrong" - see, that's most disingenuous. You've omitted (not for the first time) that there's a distinction between socially left-wing and economically left-wing, which I did explain.

Not once did I say the left are damaging society. You are very dishonest.

It's common knowledge that, when discussing society and politics (not so much economics) "the left" is a shorthand term for those with consistently liberal views and policies (yes, that does include America's Democratic Party). People here, not just you, are obtusely denying this, but we all know what it means. Just like "the right" refers to those who are consistently conservative. And "the centre" refers to those with views from both camps. I did insult you once with "psychosis" because of the repeated brow-beating/faux puzzlement when I had explained myself over and over.

Your final paragraph is an admission of goading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

People were once regularly being banned from this thread for trying to turn anything into a serious discussion, yet as usual, a handful of posters who have the "correct views" are doing that everyday here and nothing is done about it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I wonder do they think the sandbags with nipples look good, or even anything remotely like real breasts?

But I find the throwing under the bus of women by the left (of which I once was a card carrying member, and still agree with on a lot of things) in recent years to be quite something.

Not once did I say the left are damaging society. You are very dishonest.

Now maybe I am mad but I reckon accusing the left of throwing women under the bus could be seen as implying the left are damaging society.

Anyway thanks for the admission you did attempt to insult me.

I have never attempted to insult you nor goaded you. it is not my fault if I find it funny that you go looking to get angry about things you find on the Internet and then post them on the internet to a wider audience.

Some insults are based on fact, in defense of oneself.

As I said, I didn't say the left are damaging society. You're not mad, just misinterpreting. What I described is hardly damaging the whole of society. It's one thing. It takes a lot more to damage society.

Your very first post in response to my very first post to this thread was a sneer based on an inaccurate view that I'm always going on about free speech. You then said, as you are doing now, that I went looking for something to get offended by when I literally explained clearly that it popped up on my Facebook feed due to someone commenting to it. And you are now using the plural "things" and "them" when I posted... one thing. I wasn't angry when I posted it either, nor in subsequent posts about it. I get angry about the broader dismissal of women and female biology all right, but I'm fine with that.

Your dishonesty is shameless. Not to mention your lack of self awareness. You're the angry one - in a serious rage. And yes you do goad and insult (your definition of insult takes very little) - stop lying.

Hilarious, the guy who operates the @EmmetSpiceland account was sitting there waiting to thank. He's fine with thanking lies I see.

Are you saying I am suffering from psychosis?

actually don't answer I don't give a ****. You insulted me you doubled on your schoolyard taunt. But I truly don't care.

😂😂

Holy God from getting upset I comment on your post to trying to make everything in my post about you.

Id suggest you give it over with the whinging but that is wishful thinking.

I did not say anything about you and free peaches. I commented on the general free peaches loving muppets in this thread.

Your semming like you are delusional now and trying to make everything in my post about you.

Guess what buddy they are not all about you, your not that important.

Last time im replying until the next inane post blaming "the left".

Can we please get back to the light hearted sexist and racist posts picking on fat people, women and non White people for doing something horrible like acting.

The bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

She didn't come close to saying that you are suffering from psychosis, just that you were angry. Rewriting other people's words, whether intentional or not, is often what causes the conflict in these threads.

Good lord, psychosis.

That poster did accuse Robbie of psychosis, ironically the same day they posted screenshots of some rando from another forum mentioning me and a handful of other boards.ie posters. This is evidence of a giant conspiracy dedicated to dunno lol 🤷‍♀️

But Robbie’s the psychotic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Can we please get back to the light hearted sexist and racist posts picking on fat people, women and non White people for doing something horrible like acting.

If you insist, yes, kinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thought that fella talking was Robbie Williams with a monotone voice dubbed over.

He does not have a voice for radio. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Who Shapiro? Yeah he does have a peculiar accent alight.

I wasn't a fan of him initially but his new YouTube channel I find quite amusing. Some of the facial expressions he pulls are hilarious and he's quite good at comedic ridicule. His movies/series reviews aren't bad either. He's been pretty fair in his review on the new LOTR Rings of Power series which I've watched a bit of myself, and don't find to be as bad as predicted.

Why? You don't seem to find them lighthearted. Or are you just looking to be offended and rant again?

Stay classy, Robbie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Christ, no, that monotone vibe is irritating in the extreme. And another of these American shills for themselves.

Napoleon once remarked(as a compliment) that England was a nation of shopkeepers, I would say America is a nation of salesmen.* It has stood them extemely well in so many ways, but it also means any opening where the greasy till might ring and you'll find someone trying to ring it.

They pretty much invented marketing and have honed it to a fine art while monetising damned near everything in their lives(and increasingly ours via social media, another US invention). From "a word from our sponsors", to Alexa tracking your purchases of crap you don't need, to socio-political talking heads like him and others and on all sides of what they define as Left/Right. And they're very good at knowing their market and audience and playing to it and them, amping up the Them Vs Us because it gets them attention, increases the market, brand loyalty and the cash.

The 50 "genders" on Facebook an example of this. The Outraged(tm) flip out at it, the Woke(tm) welcome it, but it's got feck all to do with either of them beyond raising attention and polarising their markets even more. It is all about introducing yet another box to tick so Arsebook can make their marketing analysis even more granular to sell to the highest bidder, so they can fire more products and services at [insert your preferred pronouns/poltical affiliation/starsigns here].

The "fat acceptance" is another example. Given so many in the West are becoming more overweight it's a huge(no pun) market that can't be just ignored. Overweight people are consumers too, so what better way to make them feel better about themselves and more, better about buying your "supportive" products than pushing the acceptance thing? While also pushing insecurity buttons on top to make consumers feel they need these products and services. The fashion industry aimed at women is crazy for that stuff. If the trend were going the other way then Thin is In would be back with a bang.

In essence if I'm watching, reading, or listening to an American with any sort of profile pushing an opinion, my first thought and filter to be applied is "what are they trying to sell?". Far more than any other nation or culture on Earth.

*women/people/zurs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Don't bother interacting with him. He has the mind of a child.

Rewriting other people's words, whether intentional or not, is often what causes the conflict in these threads.

It is intentional and regularly used to show their own pretend virtue signalling.

It's amusing to see the clueless outsiders fall over themselves to thank it though, I like to think of it as a game of Spot the Idiot.

No, to be fair, I did say "psychosis" in exasperation at Robbie's repeated requests for clarification of something that I had clarified. He's taking it a tad too literally though. Robbie is a self confessed troll BTW.

The bullying (lying, misrepresentation, goading) here is appalling however. Telling a woman she hates trans people and views them as predators because she said one thing - she disagrees with the dehumanising language used about women (which it's fine and easy for a man to demand) is evil and deranged.

Remember a poster called Fat Christy? She was lovely. Really sweet, funny and kind. Got run out of the place by bullies (including a mod - one of the biggest "be kind" types imaginable) because she got on the wrong side of a certain mob.