Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

What the hell is scan as you shop? You just walk around scanning whatever you are buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It allows you to scan your shopping as you go around the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You scan your items one by one as you pick them off the shelves.

Then no need to scan them at the pay station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Every pop song getting a remix and thrown into the charts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've never seen that before, is it a tesco thing ? I like having the person at the till scanning the items

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's a scanner for your shopping, you scan the items you buy before you stick them in the trolley and pay at the till when you're done. Basically, you're doing Tesco's work for free (and if you do it, they don't need to hire more staff).

EDIT: Feck it, I missed a whole page of replies....

Yeah Tesco.

Someone walked in front of me one day as I was scanning an item so I got charged for one adult male at the till 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

might not be allowed park your car unless you spend 5 minutes running a mop around the dairy isle next.

Something weird is going on as the same is happening me.

I reply and then see there another page after my reply.

Then when I click on the new page my reply moves to the end of that page 🤔

I was under the impression that Tesco installed it and Click and Collect shopping in all it's supermarkets in the past 18 months or so.

Locally it seems to be popular enough. You'd hear a lot of beeping. It's also handy if you want one or two things and there long queues at the checkouts because of people dawdling.

Click and Collect hasn't taken off near me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You feel like you're being judged when your self scan shopping is randomly selected to be checked. They always check the more expensive stuff, or anything you've bought in multiples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think the old superquinn shops had them too....as in the SuperValu stores that were once superquinn..... don't think all SuperValu stores have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There are shops I think in Japan that have no staff. You go in and the system automatically charges you for what you pick up...or what you walk through the door with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have an ice hockey puck, signed by three of the New York Rangers Stanley Cup winning team in 1994…Mike Richter, Mark Messier & Alexi Kovelov. A gift to me from my cousin who knew some of the guys through work / sponsorship..

notably one of the greatest ice hockey teams ever, Messier being top 10 or 15 in most learned peoples opinion..players ever..I’ve cousins in New York, who have small kids now who are big Rangers fans who would have appreciated it more then me now but…….

instead of putting the thing away for safe keeping i in my youth left it on a shelf for many years and the sigs as they were only in pen, faded.. Here’s the thing…it in good condition worth between 600-800 dollars now as it was their first championship in 50 something years..going by research as that trio were the linchpins/kingpins of that team. But would have been nice to pass it along to see someone else enjoy or appreciate it… doh !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've never used them but always wondered to what extent they are open to abuse or general incompetence. I know what people are like...

I'm still in hospital so I've so many TAs that I wouldn't know where to start. I'll just stick with the beeping IV drip machines. Alarms have been happening regularly so that was a growing symphony of discordant beeps, even worse than some of the music I listen to.

The aul lads don't know it's their machine that's causing the noise or they wouldn't think of asking for help. I've turned off the alarms, tried to fix it or gotten assistance for them a few few times, but it shouldn't be up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Some tesco shops, they're like super stores, there's one in Ballinasloe of all places. You can collect a scanner on the way in, scan as you shop and then check out at the self services. The intimate details I'm not so sure of as I don't shop in Ballinasloe unless I'm looking for a horse or a dag

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm sure sure abuse it and just pretend an item mustn't have scanned if they're selected for a random check.

Get well soon, hospital is no place for the sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Revolut and Spotify, seriously, you're not fooling anyone with your "last chance" emails about €50 quid referrals and 3 months free Premium. Any sense of urgency you're trying to create has long since been undermined by the fact that you've been saying the same thing every few weeks for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had a single pint of cider at Garth Brooks yesterday and got to bed around 1am. I swear to god I have a hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Thank you both. And yeah, there are a lot of sickos in hospital. 😉

Another TA today is that everybody keeps telling me how beautiful the weather is today. I don't care...I can't go out! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My phone's increasing tendency to autocorrect actual words to perfectly cromulent ones.

I did actually mean to type "some" there, thanks. Not "soke", whatever the fcuk that means...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

aint cromulent a perfectly good word?? 😃

TA am watching the Wimmins play fitba and me TA is there's a bastid bloke on comms - should be two broads describing the action 🙃🙃 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fruit flies and the mystery of where they are coming from.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Currently in Kerry, I don't know if I like the Kerry accient or not.

Also I saw the back of Michael Healy Rae.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bought new Air Force 1s at the end of April

Sole already worn on one of them - holes.

I know I do a lot of walking but that's ridiculous. Any recommendations for a comfortable walking shoe that's waterproof?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Went to Malahide today to get fish n chips from Beshoff’s……

Got my order and sat down at a bench on the green and opened the box containing the fish n chips, and what did I find? An absolutely glorious looking battered fillet of cod, which couldn’t have been shaped any better. I mean it was fcuking spectacular…..

Anyway one of my TA’s when getting fish & chips in beshoff’s is that they put the piece of fish on top and then put salt & vinegar on everything, but at least 70-80% of the chips get no salt at all….. so to combat this I usually bring a sachet or 2 of salt with me when I know I’m having fish n chips (I keep a few in the car)..

so anyway, I tipped the glorious filet of cod up against the side of the box to expose the unsalted chips, and what happens? Why the fillet of cod fell over the back side of the box and fell straight onto the ground, which is a multitude of colours these days thanks to the numerous amounts of crap that gets dropped there every day, not to mention cigarette butts etc…….

I.

Was.

Fcuking.

Fuming.

With.

Myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

- Groucho Marx, if I'm not mistaken

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement