Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy monitor

Options
  • 03-08-2022 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hello everyone, bill is high again so I'm looking for an energy monitor for the apartment that shows specifically what appliance or what the source that is using the most electricity is and coming from and how much each appliance is using much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fme

Hi,

I am likewise looking for an energy monitor.

There are plenty of plugin types but what I want is something that uses a CT clip in the electric box.

I used to have one of these which would be ideal:

https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/airtricity-smart-energy-monitor/3424603:

or something like this:

but neither is available anywhere I can find.

I have a smartmeter installed but dont know if there is a device you can use for these that shows real time information?

Thanks,

Fergus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭John.G

Go to thread Smart Meter View Real Time Usage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I use Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi4 to log and monitor my energy use. I use 3 No. ShellEM's to log 6 circuits on my house. See below power usage in the house today. Takes a bit of work to get set up and a bit of programming but nothing hard, just look at YouTube for an hour or 2 and you will be grand.

I am logging Main ESB incomer, Heat Pump, Solar PV, Zappi car charger, utility room plugs and the kitchen island. The kitchen Island one I move around to different circuits from time to time but by far the biggest user is the Heat Pump if you forget about the EV as that is.....

Keep an eye on the heat pump and the rest looks after itself.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Is there an in home monitor that will record both gas and electricity usage does anyone know?

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

This should work if your gas meter has a pulse sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Thanks for that unfortunately it’s for my father in law so no idea if it has a pulse, him either sometimes.

I think he’ll need something simple off the shelf, which what you posted is but still over his head I think. I have and eco-eye I got on purchase.ie that works a treat. what I need for him is something low tech off the shelf that will show gas and electricity usage and send it to a monitor in the house similar to the eco eye, or at an absolute stretch send the info to a phone app.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

Advertisement