Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

What a game! What drama! Just superb result & well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Where did that come out of 😁😁, unbelievable performance and what a goal from Phoenix!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

Great result. Always follow from a distance. Used to go to Kilcohan every week In the 80s. Mock Reid, Paul Cashin and even a Brazilian who played a games which included amazing free kick. (Hose Quitongo) I think. Glad to see the recent changes but hopefully the public will respond. Waterford certainly has the population to sustain a premier division club. The recent changes will certainly have had ripples throughout Europe!!! Cmon the blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'DATE FOR YOUR DIARY: FAI Cup Semi-Final weekend will be Sunday, October 16....The draw for the semi-final will be done LIVE after Sunday's quarter-final between Derry and Shamrock Rovers.. Come on the Blues...'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Really good performance, the new additions are also very welcome, marquee and vendors.

Slightly bigger crowd again at roughly 3600 and a much better atmosphere throughout, the Dundalk lads setting off the flares when they scored that freak goal was glorious to rub in their faces not so long after!

Super result, some very good goals and no reason to fear any team in that draw, we did not fluke that win we fully deserved it. 3-1 would have been the fairest result but the late goal made for more dramatics I suppose!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Absolutely terrific night down there. One of those nights where you are glad you support your local club and not sitting at home moaning about the quality of the league and following a foreign team. Unbelievable goals, atmosphere and as said above the new additions of food and set up were great also. Home draw in the semi now please.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Absolutely brilliant night at the Rsc last night, big crowd and great atmosphere, really good goals from the blues too but Patterson deserves special mention with that goal, an absolute cracker of a goal. Fantastic result and a cup semi final to look forward to in a few weeks.

Did any of ye see the fella getting a right kicking from the Dundalk lads, easily about 7/8 of them up by their second bus, a few smashed bottles on the ground as well. I don't know who started it tbf but what i did notice was the Dundalk fans were left out at the same moment the Waterford fans were passing, it's only asking for trouble, especially with only 3 guards there.

Last week against Cork they kept them in after the game but for some reason not this week despite it being a huge game. Can they not just either keep them behind or drive the buses into their part of the ground so they can get on them there, there's loads of access.

Loads of young kids passing going home after a brilliant night and they have to pass through a massive row.

It was the same in Dalymount in the cup last year, stewards leaving both sets of fans out at the same time and a bit of trouble insured

Wouldn't it be nice if we draw and beat Bohs in the cup but they have a tough game tomorrow against Shelbourne. Derry also could catch Rovers

If Rovers win tomorrow and we draw them the same will prob be a Sunday because of them in European action (Thursday) the week of the proposed semi finals dates (14th/15th/16th Oct)

Didn't see trouble, few bottles thrown at Dundalk players as they came off at full time but that was all, the stadium announcer asked that Dundalk fans remain seated for 10 minutes, so they guards and steward's shouldn't have been letting then out if so

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Great result last night at the RSC, Best atmosphere down there in a long time.. The sleeping giant is definitely waking..hopefully we'll get Treaty at home in the SF.... Regarding the security and guards at games.. They need to start doing things more professional.. There's no way Away support should be getting left out where home supporters are passing..recepie for disaster.. On a side note, i went into the marquee last night, great to see club gear for sale .. However the food was overpriced..€9 for a burger..

Pretty much what you would pay at the races isn't it?

How much were the pizzas out of interest? I only bought a coffee but did buy some club gear from the marquee which is definitely a welcome addition

Took me about 10mins just to get out of the ground as it was so busy with clapping the players etc.

Absolutely crazy leaving Dundalk out that early, the were giving their players dogs abuse after the game so they were fired up.

(Think a pizza slice was 8euro btw)

Bohs gone

Treaty or Shelbourne please

F**k €8 for a slice of pizza Jesus

The Dundalk fans were kept behind for the ten minutes but the trouble was we all stayed on for ten mins clapping the blues off and singing. Would have meant the Dundalk fans be kept behind for twenty mins but so be it. Way of solving this is put the buses into the ground. They can then loaded on with zero risk of fighting.

Derry very impressive

• Advertisement

Ah okay, I only overheard a woman saying it was for a slice. 8 for a small pizza is grand in fairness.

It's creating a nice little buzz down there, getting fans in early for a pint and something to eat is a good night out. A little pricey but you don't have to buy anything and most home games are every 2 weeks.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, there's loads of room to get buses in.

Shelbourne at home on the Sunday 16th Oct

We'll have no fear and great to get a home game again

Will be another big night to look forward to, nothing to fear from them - big challenge but nothing to fear

A Sunday game too

Either 2pm or 4.45pm kick off on the 16th October

Same day as Liverpool are playing city. Imagine there's people who will actually pick sitting in their armchair watching that over the blues in a semi final 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Yeah, walked right into, as I was parked up in the Supervalu carpark, they were out for trouble, which is a shame as most of the Dundalk fans were well behaved. Someone said a Waterford fan got hit over the head with a bottle, don't know how true that is, but I did see an elderly man getting knocked to the ground by the same few. I told the Gardai that were there and they went over fairly quickly, and in fairness a few Dundalk fans were also trying to get the gougers to cop on, big men in a group, but by the size of them, I'd say they cak themselves is you went one on one against them.

The big mistake, as has been stated, was leaving them out into the middle of the home fans, most of us stayed on to cheer the team off, meaning the 10 minutes for them to stay behind, was meaningless.

This shouldn't take away form a brilliant night, but unfortunately it's something that needs to be addressed. we had it a good few times when we were in the Premier last season.

Also, did anyone notice the carry on of the Dundalk backroom staff on the track, squaring up to the Gardai and stewards when they were asked to move off the track?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭kksaints

Yeah saw this too. Thought it might have been the Dundalk fans who were taken out by the guards after they scored. Looked unpleasant but it doesn't seem anyone was too badly hurt. I'd question the guards somewhat as even one guard down there would have been more than enough to prevent trouble breaking out.

As for the match it was a great performance from ye. Your attack was very threatening and Dundalk resorted to crudely hacking down your attackers in the second half. Defence did fairly well too. Good crowd and good atmosphere in the RSC.

Kick off confirmed for 4.45 for the semi final. Live on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

RTE going to shoot themselves in the foot again putting Blues/Shels directly up against Liverpool/Man City. Could they not move it back to Friday night?

Advertisement