Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks - Croke Pk Sept 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

It would be better if people experienced the concert for what it is instead of filming it on their phones. Will never understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

The subsequent crush on the floor was partly due to the swell in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Loads of room at the back. It was due to people moshing and acting the complete dick. Crowd were throwing **** at the band too remember. That old Point could get rowdy.

Similar incident at the Chili Peppers in Lansdowne a few years later. About 100 people hit the deck. Was just behind it. Thankfully no one was badly hurt but Keidis was very close to stopping the show.

But yeah, of course if everyone from the seats got into standing there would be a problem but the odd person from the Dav walking on isnt going to cause issues at Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

But I have to put my video up on instagram and facebook so my "friends" can see what I'm up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The odd person? The rules are thee for a reason. If everyone broke them there'd be far greater restriction in place for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭glitterIsland

I have limited footage from last night on my phone. I was doing my best to stay away from the phone and absorb as much of the gig as possible.

Great gig and good night in Dublin. I'm dying today. Holy f*ck. What a man Garth Brooks is. It was so funny when he talked about city people and culchies:

"I was asked if I fit in more with city people or is there a thing called culchies. I'm not from here but all I know is that you made me feel like I so belong here. I cannot thank you enough"

Brilliant night

"Ain't going down til the sun comes up".

I don't think he played that last night but that sums up last night, into today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I thought him welcoming the people from the Coo-sack stand was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,175 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Kinda funny to hear Keidis was close to stopping the show given the events of Woodstock 99!

Point cold definitely get rowdy alright, remember running to the front for show after queuing outside all day and pretty much needing to grab the railings and hold for dear life not to be sucked back into the mob

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could Garth do a similar tour to Bruce in 2013 and skip Dublin and play Limerick, Cork, Belfast and Kilkenny

Would love to see him indoors and like many will battle it out for a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t see Garth Brooks returning to Ireland to be very honest. He seemed very grateful and enjoying every moment of these concerts. They were his swan song to us, that’s what I truly believe. He’s a big artist in the USA, I’m sure these concerts boosted his retirement pot immensely and I don’t believe we’ll see him back on these shores again.

• Advertisement

He's definitely coming back. He never held any bad grudges over 2014 and he came back to Ireland. There was press conference yesterday evening that I am yet to catch up on but he said he's coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

its not about grudges or anything. 25 years since he was here, he’s 60 years old, you do the math as the Americans say. Time will tell, but I’ll be surprised if he ever comes back to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

i was at the gig on Friday night, somebody in the crowd had a sign asking him to play new way to fly (great song) and he did.

wolves is one of my favorite GB songs, would've loved him to play that but sadly it wasn't to be, don't think he played it any of the 5 nights. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

I know it's not the same but some entertainers go on for a long time! I regularly went to Albert Hammond anytime he was playing near me pre Covid and he's 78 now, Cliff Richard played here until very recently, again pre Covid, and he's fairly pushing on but was very fit too! So from that point of view 60 isn't that old, hell look at the Rolling Stones!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Bit of a difference between the crowd at a Smashing Pumpkins gig and the crowd at a Garth Brooks gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

No difference. Had people pushing their way through the pit during the Garth Brooks concert. Not leaving to get a drink and coming back but actually try and move people out of the way at the front to take their spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Siad it before but 'The Life of Chris Gaines' is actually a great album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Hopefully he comes back does like 3 concerts in croker before doing a tour of Ireland. Imagine the new casement, Kilkenny, Limerick, cork and thurles. It would be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

He would have to cut back on the massive stage if he did a tour of Ireland. Would be incredibly expensive transporting a huge stage all across Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Great gig last night. Garth is a professional showman and he really knows how to please the crowd. I've never seen such a sea of pink cowboy hats in my life.

Did anyone else by any chance happen to have issues with the food kiosk's in the lower Hogan stand? Tried to buy 2 cheeseburgers and 2 bottles of water off a lady with poor english. She firstly overcharged us, then gave me 2 plain burgers. When I mentioned the overcharge she couldn't understand me and had to ask 4 different colleagues before someone could come over and correct the mistake. I then asked her were they definitely cheeseburgers she had given us and she said yes. I said, there's no cheese on these so they're not cheeseburgers. She nodded, went away and brought back 2 new burgers - only realised after we had left the counter that she'd replaced the plain burgers with.........2 new plain burgers. I can't figure out if she didn't know what a cheeseburger was or if she just couldn't understand me or if she was thrown off by the whole overcharging thing? At that stage though I gave up and just ate the cardboard burger. That'll teach me for buying food in a stadium.

• Advertisement

I hate Croke Park with a passion. Hate the place, hate the place, hate the place.

I hate coming out from the place. Its not bad going in. I was circulating croke park and wandering the streets around croke park like a lost soul not knowing where I was going, following everyone else. I was about 20 minutes circling the stadium. Google directions gave me a map to the city but saying 25 minutes but 20 minutes later the stadium was still on my right in my view. I was horrified. Eventually made some progress at getting out from the place and asked a garda for directions to the city.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sure look at the likes of Bruce Springsteen is 72 and still touring, Maccca was touring this year too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

This was my first time ever in CP and don't know Dublin well at all and certainly not that side, I was very surprised by how easy it was to navigate from bus to correct entrance based on my tickets and back again to Alfie Byrne road for the bus. I went twice, on the second night we were in Dublin early so walked out to CP from city centre. I have to say I thought the signposting was very good, lots of stewards/gardai to ask and other than a slightly confusing lack of a sign at one crossroads on way back to bus it was very easy. I didn't consult phone/google once as decided it was a better idea to follow the signs and ask if unsure.

I'm definitely going to own smartglasses for the next time he comes to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

clonliffe road is the best road to go down for accessing croke park, you can get to all parts of the ground from that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buachillsalach

"he said he's coming back"

Must be true so. He probably definitely mostly meant it when he said this is the best place he's ever played too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

September is a cracking time for gigs, I hate summer gigs where it's still bright till 10pm

Some of the rigs the likes of Ed Sheeran brings around are fairly substantial too, there'd be no problem with that. Few extra trucks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I am not condoning using peoples gardens as a toilet, but there were NO toilets for everyone leaving the pitch. You couldn't go to the toilets as everyone was being directed away from them in a one way system. On a match day, there are portaloos along Clonliffe but not for these gigs.

• Advertisement

He stopped touring for 15 years after the '97 gig, wanted to spend time with the kids while they were growing up, he only started touring again when the last one was off to college. I'd be surprised if he's not back in the next 5 years.

Advertisement