Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brand MCB is this?

Options
  • 19-09-2022 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know what brand MCB this is and/or what MCB I can replace it with?

It looks very old and I can't find anything out about it on Google!

I had a look and there here is no more information on the side, top or bottom of it (just blank).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Be very wary of fake branded MCBs and RCDs. Even the packaging is identical to the genuine ones.

Some of them have been found to turn up in reputable wholesalers. They look exactly the same, and feel the same. But they are nothing more than a very rudimentary switches on the inside. They will switch on and off but they won't trip. Highly dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

S30 wtf ?

Reputable wholesalers though, i reckon you should be able to trust them mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭blue chuzzle

Thanks, I think being wary of everything is a solid step 2 though, step 1 is figuring out what I'm looking at! 🤣

This is in my consumer unit at the moment and I need to replace it. I have a row of them so it would be handy if I can just replace this one instead of getting someone in to replace the whole row and move the busbar.

I just can't see anything that tells me the manufacturer!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

Legally only a registered electrical contractor is permitted to work on a distribution board

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

It's marked 220 / 380 V. That was changed i think in 1994 for 230 / 400 V . That show you how old it is. In 1994 internet was something new with dial up modem 14400 bytes . Don't expect any information on web. You may find in library on old catalogues ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement