Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22/23 WC thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I'm on same dilemma at the moment. Kane seems the better choice, KDB just gives an easier route back to Salah if needed.

Other players are constant so for me it comes down to....

• KDB route - KDB/Isak
    • Kane route - Bowen/Kane

All have decent/nice fixtures really, would you captain Kane (Leicester home) this week over Haaland (Wolves away). KDB/Isak would be triple City and triple Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭The Guru 123

Just logged in here to ask this exact same question. I think I prefer Kane and Bowen but I want Salah back pretty quick so that’s making me lean towards KDB and Isak as if I go Kane I’m 2 transfers from Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Watched Spurs in the CL and didn't really want any of them after that. But that Leicester defence really is dreadful. Can't see past Haaland for the captaincy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Watched WH last night against a rubbish Danish team, Bowen played the last half hour and it was a bit of a mess. Game was streched at that stage but Bowen, Benrahma, Cornet, Lanzini just seemed to be getting in each others way. Didn't looked like a well oiled attack, though granted they had made a lot of subs at that stage (Paqueta, Scamacca off)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Isn't it two transfers anyway? Unless you are leaving money in the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭The Guru 123

Would only need to leave 0.7 in the bank to go KDB to Salah. Think I’ve plumped for Kane and Bowen now anyway. Think Spurs could smash Leicester.

Not happy with this at all. Big decisions were KDB, Isak or Kane, Maddison. Might still change

Pope, Iversen

Cancelo, Trips, Mings, (Justin), (James)

Maddison, Bowen, Martinelli, Silva (Andreas)

Kane, Haaland, Mitro

Yeah leaning the same way myself. Looks like it's big up top

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Where I’m at at the moment.

2.3m in the bank. Want to be able to get Salah back after GW11.

Midfield looks weak, could spend about 1.5m to upgrade someone for this week but can’t see a decent option really….

Never been as undecided. Feel like this KDB vs Kane decision could be very punishing depending what side you end up on.

Sam Martin on Twitter saying Bailey starts tonight. Tempted to go there again. Need to finalise and step away!

Andreas vs Maddison to start is my last dilemma now. Favouring the Fulham man though Maddison's ceiling is probably higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ha I did do a threemium draft and it wasn't bad to be fair but just wasn't gone on the defence.

Ended up with:

Pope

Trippier Cancelo Williams

KDB Saka Martinelli Maddison

Haaland Mitrovic Isak

Iverson Andreas James Anderson

Saka to Zaha GW10 and will have enough to do KDB to Salah in one move in 12.

Good luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wildcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭nice bit of green

Was on holidays for the week so plenty of time to muck around. Trying to stay away from players with midweek European games (apart from city) in case of rotation, fatigue.

ederson

tripp, tete, dier

KDB, joelinton, Gordon, jwp

toney, EBH (c), isak

guaita, andreas, saliba, Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Activated the wildy just now and brought in all the likely risers 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭skippy15

WC time baby- only thing that makes the IB bearable

Pope

Trent James Cancelo (still scared not to have any of these guys, as a pool fan slight bias for trent I know)

Salah Zaha Marti (still want Salah, marti Solid and Zaha great fixtures)

Haaland Jesus Mitro (apart from Kane the top front 3 I think, like Isak but was him or Jesus and even with fixture swing still great price I think)

Ward Williams Dalot Andreas Bailey (will rotate one of these in each week, not pushed on Bailey or Dalot if better options emerge)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

It's different.

Andreas to 4.3, Guaita to Iversen. What then...

Not Jo elinton. ASM with the above perhaps. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If everyone could keep selling TAA & Salah, that would be great thanks.

Very rare you get the opportunity to purchase both for below their original starting price. Has it happened to either before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Robbo could be as low as 6.6 by time he gets back in the squad, but even at 6m, unless Liverpool are keeping CS - are they worth it when you have so many other cheap options available. At some point folks have to forget about last season and judge players on this season. You wouldn't have Ronaldo in your team now even though he got 18 league goals last season. How many teams have Bowen from day one and continuing to hold him? Likewise, Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mindhorn

Thinking of using my wildcard now, going from this:

to this:

Neto as my number one is a bit risky but Lloris has blanked on 4/8 games. I was going to keep Dier but there's a couple of tough fixtures coming up (and again only two clean sheets in eight). Plan is to play either 5-3-2 or 4-4-2 (Reed on the bench). I would have kept Odegaard and Jesus too but they have two tough games and a blank in GW12, so I'm trying to plan for that now. Thoughts?

Not sure where to start,

Keepers need to fix - Don't see the love for Neto as number 1 keeper, Bournemouth are likely to be a bottom 6 side so will concede a lot.

Defense - should probably have Patterson, cheap plays and frees up funds, having Kelly means double Bournemouth as well??

Midfield - Son looked very sharp yesterday when he came on, and if WCing I think you need to have him, and also KdB - I don't get the Sterling pick, Chelsea are a bit all over the shop and he doesn't justify 10m price tag imo, likewise defensively double Chelsea giving their form is a bit punty. Maddison is in great form, so should probably be there, I would have Jesus over Saka for the sake of 0.2m. Is Matheus worth 5.0? Pereira plays every game and is cheap, again frees up some cash.

Diaz - Liverpool are still hit and miss and have two tough games in the next 3 - with Jota back fit, is Diaz guaranteed starter- you have Jota, Diaz, Salah, Nunez and Bobby fighting for 3 places?

Forwards - would prefer to have Greenwood than Armstrong and use the cash elsewhere or have in the bank.

I get the fear of GW12 and planning, but if this game teaches you anything, it's that planning too far in advance can cost you big time.

Overall it seem very punty team.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mindhorn

Thanks.

Bournemouth's fixtures don't look too bad up until GW14 hence me looking at both Neto and Kelly). They've lost three games which they expected to lose (maybe not one of them by nine goals...) so I don't think they're as bad as people think they are. Patterson could be an option but three difficult games in the next four fixtures would put me off. And as for conceding a lot, Henderson is the third highest scoring keeper for what it's worth.

Pereira plays every game but not every minute, and has blanked in all bar two games. I think Diaz will be a starter as he's been one of their best players this season so far IMO. Yeah I was going to move on my Chelsea picks before Potter was brought in so that's changed my mind now. They can't be any worse defensively?! Maddison is on my watchlist and is a good shout considering their fixtures so I might include him. I'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks and whether Rodgers stays.

Put Armstrong in as I don't like someone in the squad who definitely won't get a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

WC active, missed a couple of rises the last 2 nights but will try keep on top of it now.

Pope Ward

James Cancelo Trippier Williams Jonny

Son Maddison Martinelli Andreas Bailey

Kane Haaland Maupay

Feedback welcome, the midfield seems light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Activated and currently on about draft 95!

Which is;

Guiata

James Cancelo Trippier

KDB, Maddison, Zaha, Martinelli

Haaland, Mitrovic and Toney

Iversen, Andreas, Saliba and Patterson

Saliba is only in to catch potential rises and will probably become Kilman or possibly even Fofana later depending on how Chelsea look- don't want to have too many Arsenal/City in advance of GW12, have enough in the bank to go KDB to Salah in GW 12. No Spurs is the main worry but their fixtures aren't the best between now and the WC and their results so far have kind of flattered them a little I don't think they are actually playing that well.

Any thoughts more that appreciated.

Son and Kane seems like a little over kill for me, Spurs have Arsenal away, United away and Liverpool at home before the World Cup and even the other 5 games there is no gimme fixture. One Spurs asset is enough I think personally and downgrading one frees up so much cash to strengthen elsewhere.

You might also want to have an easier route back to Salah if he becomes a must have again, as it stands its going to cost you a min of two transfers. I will definitely want him for GW's 12-14 at the very least.

Not really sold on Newcastle double defence - in fact I don't like double defence for any team its just too volatile.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think that’s a very nice team. Is there any funds to go Kdb back to Salah in one move if required?

• Advertisement

It's interesting people talking about brining back Salah and having a plan, despite the poor form, What happens if come GW12, his form is still poor - are you transferring in a 12.8m player on hope? Is there a risk he could be bench in any of those game - Bobby, Nunez, Salah, Jota, Diaz - they have lots of options and if Salah not doing much, could find himself starting from bench just as easy.

Kdb could easily go up in value and then it's costing you to get rid/buy back.

Advertisement