Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen Elizabeth II dies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

To all the posters who have felt compelled to waste their own energy on disrespecting the mourning and funeral of your neighbour's monarch, in whatever notion you felt necessary over the last 10 days... I took the initiative of googling the specific psychological disorder with which you are currently grappling rather sadly with.

You all suffer from Monarchiphobia.

I have found it compelling how much of an effort it has taken some posters to harangue the simple death of a 96 year old woman?

Their tenacity of fear and loathing has been, not only pathetic to read, but the majority of it has been entirely gormless, whilst littered with a banality that could only be expressed by the type of individual ( s ) who are ironically blatantly obsessed with its' existence? Hilarious really when you think about it.

Their obsession has been indicative of something that lacks the redoubtable ability to see both or either side of anything.

Phobias are defined as an irrational fear which develops out of something from which the victim has no understanding of. It makes complete sense having read through a lot of the tripe which has littered this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,987 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's one thing I've always been curious about. The head of the church gig comes with the job, it's not voluntary. Surely some kings and queens aren't believers but have to go along with the charade?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,217 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That lead must add a helluva lot more weight to the casket.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,987 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Festering in your own decomposed tissues and fluids for eternity is a grim prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

She will stay fresh for centuries if embalmed and in a sealed air tight lead coffin. Cathrine Parr, Henry VIII’s last official moth was embalmed and put in a lead coffin, for example.

Centuries later a few lads opened up the coffin for the craic, and were surprised to see how well preserved she was.

After opening up Parr’s coffin - exposing it to the air, plus cutting her flesh out of curiosity, soon after the body quickly decomposed.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,764 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It weighs about 300kg (i.e. really fcuking heavy), which is why you have 8 soldiers carrying it slowly.

Well yeah, but the handy thing is your are dead and don't notice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I am discussing the histrionic coverage, and yes, if the coverage is that histrionic I will happily take jibes at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,903 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Shocking disrespect....

For Boards, don't you realise that we are changing the world one post at a time. 🙂

• Advertisement

Contempt,isn't a phobia.....and monarchy is only worth contempt (did like the juxtaposition of royalists complaining on celebs skipping ques,without realising the irony)

Now let's work to ensure this new bloke is the last king to oversee any part of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 19,232 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Have you been at the garlic again? You know it makes you talk gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blue is the colour

I don't see histrionics? it's just a lot of coverage for the longest serving monarch in British history. And a very popular one at that. I don't see people falling apart? didn't we see more "histrionics" when Trump was elected? I think the collapsing in the streets crying and shouting NOOOOOOO is histrionics, not respectfully paying respect with perhaps a tear rolling down the cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭yagan

It's all nonsense of course, a fairytale for a nation that thinks it's still rich.

Aye,but trump for all his faults,was actually elected though

Rich how? rich as in the 5th largest economy in the world, or rich in history and culture with a 1000 year old Cathedral today being used in the ceremony for the monarch?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭triddles

Rumours of her ending are not pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It is a phobia when behind the mask of contempt, your ideology is just as warped when taken to extremes, as the one you claim to have contempt for.

One in Ireland which ironically begun with 'no mandate' similar the British Royal family itself - and that mandate was only retrospectively achieved.

In your mind your main problem is there is a 'them and us'. In that 'them and us' mindset you become a prisoner in your own mind.

Maybe this song might cheer you up a bit, so you can be cheerful about your perceived enemies misfortune?

And you can escape the mental turmoil of having to see QEII celebrated by the vast majority of her mainland? It is much easier for you mentally to gripe, bitch, moan, find fault. That is what a blinkered ideology does to a person. You become trained to hate, groomed in your 'true faith' of virulent Irish Republicanism. A Republicanism wrapped in the myth of Gaeldom by Pearse and 'blood sacrifice'. Appropriated from the old Catholic notion of suffering, being a good thing.

Which is only a very recent ideology and manufactured 'Irishness'. In my view a true Irishman would see the glorified myth of Irish Republicanism for what it is. Stage Irishness.

Much in the same way that a person in Britain should be able to stand back and see the 'Stage Britishness' of the British Royal family.

But blinkered ideologies, symbolism and myth are hard to shift. And when they are two opposing ideologies in the mind of a person such of yourself, that is the cause of the all the trouble.

You are thus incapable of seeing things from the other side, you then lack compromise, the enemy is dehumanised as 'other' and is held in contempt. Such contempt is caused by Ulster. But in the long run it will only give you an ulcer.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Rich in that 20% of the populace lives in poverty and millions rely on foodbanks

You do understand that the British monarchy has had no constitutional power over any of this country since the English Civil War which ended in 1652? Roughly 370 years ago?

Around 3 years earlier English Republicans executed Charles 1 , who was the last ever eventual member of the British Crown with any real power.

You do understand that?

• Advertisement

No monarchy should exist in 2022,

Dress it up,which way yous want,it's institutionalised inequality....a country with millions surviving out of foodbanks can have royalty free from inheritance tax and spend millions on a funeral......

I don't see how anyone can hold such a position in anything other than contempt.....how is it any better than travellers letting horses/kids go hungry,while spending 10s of thousands on headstones?

Tell us,whom is regarded as head of state for the 6 counties and what is his relationship to the parachute regiment? (Yanno of soldier f fame)

Time to end this farce

You're not really making any sense. Every country has poverty. At least we can be thankful that the majority of today's poor in the west, can still afford a phone contract. The poor still exist, they just aren't as destitute as they were 40 years ago.

I'm not seeing how this is connected to mourning and celebrating the longest serving British monarch.

Pure hoop talk pal.

They are just figure heads who have a ceremonial function.

Their existence has nothing to do with people living in the OSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Look, just because you have decided that we should respect the passing of the queen does not mean that I or anybody else has to and you have no right to tell me that I have to as I simply don’t have to and nor do I.

For me, over the last 10 days, I’m amazed at how the media and public have reacted to her passing and people have made themselves emotional and turned her into a deity. It’s a bit odd as she was public enemy number one the last time we witnessed such ridiculous over reaction when”Queen of hearts/peoples princess” Diana died.

I think it shows how brainwashed the people of Britain have become as the general public are coerced by the media to feel sad and respectful and justifying it with excuses of her being a constant in their lives or provided great service, which I turn keeps the elite billionaires who own all the land and wealth at the top of the tree. Her wealth is now passed onto her family tax free whereas her “subjects” would pay tax on smaller inheritances

This is not antagonising or criticising but stating what I see as fact.

As for them being a neighbour, I don’t see that as relevant. After all she was head of an army that committed crimes in her name during her reign in Northern Ireland and probably in Dublin and Monaghan.

Let’s not forget she also recently paid off Andrew’s legal settlement with her state money for his questionable sexual activities and dodgy friends and you are telling me I should respect her on an internet forum.

So there no need for your fake “do good” preachy attitude and let people think what they want thank you.

Post edited by murpho999 on

Yous are blowing smoke up people proclaiming England as rich country ,when it seem obvious to me,a country where 20% of its populace lives in poverty should not call itself rich?

It's delusion stacked on nonsense,relying on pomp to bluster through failure,it's time to end their involvement in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yet Truss had to travel to the Queen's residence to get permission to become Prime Minister

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

why should we show respect for people engaging in performative grief, because that is what it really is when we examine the hysteria that has gone on over the past 10 days?

why should we show respect for people who are happy to spend millions on this and a monarchy in general while hundreds of thousands of people go hungry? while the public services of that country are ran to ****?

the people who have engaged in the nonsense over the past 10 days deserve criticism and to be belittled as far as i am concerned, because the behaviour is just not normal or proportionate, and if they are offended that is their issue.

they can morn away but they are not entitled to morn at the expence of everything and everyone else, appointments canceled that people have waited a hell of a long time in some cases for, for this as an example.

the fact britain is our nearist neighbour is meaningless in this context, we owe it nothing in this regard.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

But is it not the same with any country that has a ceremonial head of state, be that makes monarchy or republic ?

The poverty and the lifestyle part.

Michael D lives in a house full of rooms with only himself and the wife living in it.

And there are loads of homeless in Ireland.

You could find examples, valid and otherwise all over the world till the cows come home.

• Advertisement

Ceromonial or not,it's time to end their involvement on the island

How anyone could look on at last week or so and conclude the English will ever be in a fit state to do anything normal for next quarter of a century is beyond me....surreal nonsense is what has gone on over there

Advertisement