Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,254 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Ham_Sandwich

no one was hurt he took the bus back and gave himself up what do you want 10 years in the joy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ham Sandwich excusing criminal behaviour as usual...

Like the day he said a lad out on a scrambler causing havoc in a residential area near children was just 'riding his bike around'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hasn't been sentenced yet. I disagree with the throwing out of the driving offences and only went with the stolen bus, no doubt an offer to help him plead guilty and prevent a full case. It's quite common for youths like this to abscond from where they are supposed to be in care (remember, care staff can't put a hand on them, so if they walk out, they walk out), and then present themselves to a Garda station for a lift home. This toerag thought taking a double decker bus on a drive was a good idea... I'll await sentencing, but he won't get any time for it. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

No way, driving without license or insurance charges should not have been dropped. He should get a 100+ hours community service and a fine minimum.

If he has multiple previous convictions he gets few months in Oberstown Children's Detention Centre as well.

Scumbags don't learn any lessons if they know there's no consequences for scumbag behavior.

Also his handlers in the care centre he escaped from should be able to forcibly restrain juveniles in their care, total joke he could just walk out and no one would stop him. His handlers should have proper legal protections to do this.

Post edited by Corben Dallas on

That's all well and good, and I agree, but when it would come to it then, someones "likkel angle" would have a case against them for assault. No protections for the innocent in Ireland, only the guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Jesus they send one squad car knowing where it's going on... 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Internment... We Have a messed up history of it in northern Ireland. But let's do it for scum like these. No value to society

• Advertisement

I believe it's called lack of resources, and if they were to wait until they had enough, people would complain about the late response. Can't win. They did the right thing getting out of there. I've been in a similar situation, two patrol cars vs 3 joyriders and a gang of "citizens" pelting whatever they could. It scares the crap out of you because you know help is not immediate and things can get out of control very easily. That was back then, nowadays I don't think I'd cope. People really don't understand what it's like. All it takes is one "hero" to take things too far, and mob mentality takes over. With the complete lack of respect these days, I'd imagine things can get hairy very quickly.

Anyway, as the tweets say, what can they do? Take a heavy hand and be the scorn of media and da bleedin' hearts. Stand back and let it happen, and they get blamed for anything going bad. Go in with no support and potentially get the heads bate off them, or worse, for what? Management wouldn't even thank you for going beyond duty, and the social court would dissect every action to find the Gardai in the wrong with cut videos and lack of context.

I'm glad I left. I genuinely have no idea what, as a Garda, I could do in that situation. None whatsoever, and with the knowledge that anyone arrested for anything in that video will most likely walk out of court, it would seriously hamper any motivation or good intentions. I'd only be thinking about getting home. Doesn't matter what my job was, self preservation is number 1. Wouldn't go back for any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bigroad

No prison space.

No talk of a new prison.

Land bought years ago in North county Dublin and left there costing the state millions.

Reluctant to use electronic tags on repeat offenders.

So the government have no interest in protecting its citizens or Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Very true. There was a thread about a Garda who had dared to shout at a man, and people were bending backwards to call this abusive behaviour despite even having any context.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Exactly. There are plenty of people who sneer at Gardai in situations like this who could do with bearing in mind that AGS just don’t have the resources. I feel for the two who were sent into that sh*tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Gardai are not only up against thugs and criminals, but far more seriously, up against people in responsible and civilised positions of power ready to criticise them, not back them and publicly question them. AGS can’t win with this attitude.

Until all our good people and politicians unite here, we will always have behaviours accepted, tolerated and facilitated.

Gardai enforce the law here and use any kind of even justified force, and you have the anti Gardai brigade and bleeding hearts in all walks life coming down on top of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

@Potential-Monke , very well said. I hate to say this but had that Garda car been disabled by the ramming, I think this would be an entirely different story, one in which two Garda are seriously injured. I am not even joking here but the only Garda responding to calls in that area should be two public order units.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Btw, what happened in Cherry Otchard there was societal violence and anarchy.

An attack against the state: (AGS) are people charged with keeping us protected and safe.

This type of criminal behaviour needs serious dealings with, and proper punishments to send out a strong message that these types attacks against our Gardai will be dealt with strongly.

but don’t hold your breath. There will be plenty people (politicians) included, who through their deliberate silence, or even excuses in instances like these only damage and exacerbate.

Only in Dublin would you get this shite. Nothing but little scrotes causing all this ****. Feel sorry for the Gardai having to deal with this. Putting themselves at risk from serious injury. You have to blame our justice for this. Letting them get away with it with just a slap on the wrist and there parents have to take responsibility as well. They wouldn't get away with this in the UK or US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

Amazing how the shinner councillor on newstalk used this as a political battering ram (there is a point there about underresourcing but the contempt the gardai are held in by the shinners in particular and on social media seeking out any perceived wrong doing on gardai behalf), yet had not a bad word to say about the absolute feral scum in the video - extraordinary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Don't want to alienate a certain cohort of supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It looked more of a tap than a full on ramming from the video.

Not excusing it obvs but they know which side of the line to tread not to bring down too much heat upon themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What can they do there? I'd say any steps the Gardai take there could have resulted in a riot with what was going on around them.

We had our own drama out here yesterday, the local Tesco shop was robbed by 3 lads. Gardai caught 2 of them, from what I am hearing there was a off duty Garda in the shop who caught them, one got a smack of a baton.

We really need to have tougher sentences and to really come down harder on the people in that video. I know the bleeding hearts will be saying their lives will be ruined and all that well they need to learn that if they break the law then there will be consequences. I am sure something could be worked out that if they are arrested and convicted at a young age then they can appeal to the courts after 5 years of exemplary behaviour to have the conviction dropped so its not hanging over them for the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Ah c’mon lads dare de salt a de eart. Dey don’t have the faciliteez

You take the piss here but allowing deprived areas to remain deprived isn’t going to make anyone’s situation better, and you’re genuinely stupid if you don’t see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

You look at this and all the 'people' cheering them on and you wonder what hope there is for a kid growing up in that environment. They are deprived areas, but thats a relative term, compared to most of the worlds population they live in relative luxury but they subsist on a diet of political weasels that tell them they have nothing and they deserve everything.

Those videos are as strong an argument for arming the gardai as i have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

How are they deprived?

I'll bet they are well fed, have the latest smartphones, expensive trackies and trainers and can afford to buy cars. They have the same opportunities as anyone else. They're not starving and dressed in rags.

Somehow people in 'deprived' areas can afford to buy their kids scrambler bikes as gifts...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

You’re asking how Cherry Orchard is deprived?

That alone tells me that you’re not actually interested in having a conversation about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

any chance to get a personal insult in. As usual.

Advertisement