Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eskothor

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭sligopaul

Looks saucy to me , apply the formula and see how close you are 6*1.2= 7200 plus eddi around 500 . Is there a battery in there to justify the 11400 quote

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

Thanks for that @sligopaul , that was my take too. And no, no battery included to justify the extra cost! Will keep looking, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Hi all.

Been looking at solar PV system.

We don't use much electric.about 3,800 units per year.was told a solar PV system of 2kw be enough.

Got this quote without battery.

400 W Solar Panel - 10 Panels

Hybrid Inverter

My Eddi Hot water diverter

Van Der Valk Roof Mounting

Isolators, Cabling, Switchgear etc,

€ 9,000.00          Cost.

€ 2,400.00          SEAI Grant

€ 6,600.00          Final Cost.

can get 2.46 kw with six panels with hybrid inverter,my edddi hot water diverter for 5,500.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Bakka

That's not bad in today's world of inflated prices. I'd go with the bigger system for the 1100 euro extra. It'll be well worth it in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Was thinking the same.we maybe get battery storage later . cheers for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I got under the 1200e/KW rule recently for panel only setup. It might be harder with an average or smaller total size though. defo worth shopping around to test out the 6,600e for 4kw quote.

😎

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So Ive went with the 8 panels +Eddi - for 49.50 a month. I know the eddi might not make sense to some but the idea of hot water on tap so to speak means I can cut the use of the electric shower with a mixer tap (3 teenagers in the house who never stop showering!!!)

The way they work the grant is once you decide to go with them they give you the details to fill in on the SEAI website including their bank details - if everything works out the way its supposed to then they get the grant paid directly to them which is where the net of grant comes in. So in my case Im getting the panels + eddi for €5940 installed and you can also throw lump sums off the total amount to clear it early if you wish. Im looking at it as an interest free loan that I can clear a lot quicker than 10 years. You can also add to the array as you need to, and they are also starting EV charger installs as well quite soon as part of the package.

Ill update once installed which is supposedly 8-10 weeks at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Dozz

Hi all

I was just wondering of the pros and cons of placing the panels vertically on a south facing wall (due to limited roof space).

Cheers

Dozz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Works pretty well. I've 2 on my shed, exactly due south facing. Ideally you need a way to angle them away from the wall like I've done here.

By removing the struts I can change the angle so that they are "flush" with the wall, or more angled away. This is because in summer the sun is more overhead, and without angling them out, you get little production. The opposite is true in winter, haivng them flush (or only say 10 deg) away from the wall is fine due to the low sun on the south horizon.

If you have to have them fixed angle flush to the wall, that's fine. They'll do ok in winter, but May june July you will get little from them (compared to a normal mounted panel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

@Dozz am assuming you're looking to get solar and fill the (small) roof firstly. And you're also look at using a wall / any other place for more capacity?

Bear in mind there may be shading on walls in winter with likes of trees, power cables as it's lower than the roof.. So may need optimisers on each.

But you'd be surprised what can fit on the roof so do try there first. Or use a flat roof either on an extension. Or a decent shed roof. Then if none are a runner, look at vertical.

But..if it comes down to being the only place to get them for size you need, then it's worth mulling over it. I did ask our installer to squeeze more panels up but he said not a good idea. I didn't push on why. But know the limitations as bullit mentions.

Our roof is tiny and maxed out with 5kWp. Flat roof saved our bacon with 5 panels fitting on it. So I might do vertical on S wall as a DIY. But I'd use other spaces first if I had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Quoted 19K for 7.6KwP

20 panels battery etc

Saucy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wexford1000

Hi All...Does €13,600 inc Vat (after grant) be a reasonable price for a 7.3kW setup.

18 x Longi 410w ground mounted panels 40 metres from garage

1 x Solis Hybrid Inverter

No batteries

Ground works at my cost.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

from post#1 in the thread..

"Boards users have recommended a rule of thumb of €1k per 1Kwp..., including VAT, after grant deducted."

and if you're covering the ground works, that price seems high imho

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

After grant that is a shocking price.

name and shame over on Facebook

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 40 saccaromyces

PV Panels Longi PV Panel Longi

370W HiMo4 All

Black Split Cell Mono

370 Wp 15

Mounting System Prosolar Prosolar Ground

Mount System

Inverter Sofar Solar Sofar Solar 6kW

Single Phase Hybrid

Inverter - EP Series

6000 W 1

Batteries Dyness Dyness 2.4kWh

B4850 Li-Ion Battery

2.4 2

Immersion Diverter No Immersion

Controller

None - 0

Smart EV Charger No EV Charger No EV Charger - 0

Fireman Switch Aswich Fireman's Switch 4

pole

32A, 600V 1

DC Isolator Projoy DC Isolator 4 pole 32A, 1000V 1

AC Isolator Projoy AC Isolator 4 pole 35A, 600V 1

I will pay €15250 after grant for this ground mount. Everyone says its too much, but very few do ground mounts so hard to compare, but its not compatable to roof mount. I dont have a choice. I,m not doing any of the work. You have a bigger system but I,m putting in 2 batteries. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wexford1000

Thanks to all who replied. I agree with saccaromyces, based on quotes I have received, ground mounting appears to be more expensive. I will keep looking. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Deagol

Just to point out, you don't need to put in the very expensive ground mount frames. Did you check out the Renusol 'bucket's' that you just fill up with some weight?

No ground works needed so no expensive ground screw machine rental (I believe that costs around 750 so you'll save that straight off - plus considerably cheaper then the ground mount kit - difference in quotes when I did mine was €1500). I stuck 12 of them out the back of the house and joined them with some aluminium rails to keep them neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Can't beat 2x4's lads. :-)

Only thing with using pressure treated wood, is that you have to be super paranoid about adequately water proofing all the joints. I used varnish, and then silicone gel, roof flashing and finally taping over every screw with waterproof gorilla tape. Those puppies are going NOWHERE.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zq0yx3xx9k42xc/2022-08-22%2010.23.53.jpg?dl=0

(I since taped over the visible screws which mount the panels)

Have a conversation with some suppliers that if you provide the mounting that they'll do the install of panels and all electrical work?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 saccaromyces

Thanks all, unfortunitly I'm not in a position to do diy. But I appreciate the contributions. It's alot more expensive than what I had planned but with the way the bills are going I think I should go ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Item No Description- Quantity Cost

Standard System

1 Jinko 380w All black mono PV panel 20

2 K2 Roof bracket system All

3 Sofar 6kW inverter 1

4 Data wifi logging stick 1

5 Projoy DC shunt 1

6 Isolators AC & DC All

7 Cable and accessories All

8 Installation & Commissioning All

Standard system Cost € 11,286

Add Ons

9 BER Certification 1 € 300

10 Upgrade from sting inverter to hybrid 1 € 800

11 2.4kWh Pylontech Battery 2off… € 3,000

12 Slate solar panel mounting equipment All € 750

13 Mewp hire or certified scaffolding All € 750

Total customer cost Excluding vat € 16,886

Vat Cost @ 13.5% € 2,280

Total Including vat € 19,166

€16766 after grant

Thoughts Welcome. annual usage approx 7800 kw

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

7.8kW system and 4.8kW battery system for nearly 17k after grant?

One word. Gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blues14

Got these quotes today just a sample quote wondering what people think

Option #1

Battery System (Alpha)

5.25kWp of modules kitted to 10.1kWh battery storage

14 x Bisol Premium 375W Monocrystalline modules (All black modules)*

Bisol Mounting system on a *Slate Roof (*Price may vary on roof type)

1 x Projoy Fire Safety Switch

AC Switchgear

Alpha 5kWp Inverter kitted to 10.1kWh storage capacity

Costing

€14,700 (inclusive of VAT)

-€2,400 (SEAI Grant)

€12,300 Final cost after grant incentive

OPTIONAL EXTRAS

Alpha ESS Inverter Warranty Extension: €350

Eddi Hot Water Diverter: €650

Option #2

Non-Battery System 

5.25kWp of modules

14 x Bisol Premium 375W Monocrystalline modules (All black modules)*

Bisol Mounting system on a *Slate Roof (*Price may vary on roof type)

1 x Projoy Fire Safety Switch

AC Switchgear

Sofar 5kWp Inverter 

Costing

€8,900 (inclusive of VAT)

-€2,400 (SEAI Grant)

€6,500 Final cost after grant incentive

OPTIONAL EXTRAS

Alpha ESS Inverter Warranty Extension: €350

Eddi Hot Water Diverter: €650

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,328 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

That should be €12k max after grant. Don't even reply to them. Scoundrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

the e-killen crowd did ground mounted for me. get a lad in with a mini digger for a day and the the unirails set in soil hen call kenny and the lads and they will mount the panels not a prob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

is anyone getting quotes for this side of xmas? talked to a few suppliers and they mostly into next year

Can people pm me of the companies that they used for solar I’m trying to get some quotes together and just want reliable companies.I’m based in Galway but I assume they do nationwide.any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Are you able to add a battery to the Sofar 5kWp Inverter just with the price difference was thinking you can’t?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement