Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Give them a call, it's common not to have everything online. I can't imagine them being too much different risk profile to a VW ID and they're everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

No issue getting swapped over with An Post (Aviva policy). Got a few quotes no bother as my renewal is next month so it hopefully shouldn't be an issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭dunnerc

For anyone that has been lucky enough to collect, what was the timing between cars arriving in port in Ireland and taking ownership?

I'm getting impatient now even though I only did the deal less than a month ago! I honestly don't know how anyone puts up with months and even years of waiting like I read on these threads

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

Quick update - Looking like October for me - arrival at Dublin port within first two weeks of October. Hopefully does not apply to you Buddy bubs if yours was on a boat already? I would have been surprised to be honest if it arrived before the end of the month. I can handle two more weeks or so. I've learned to add some time to the original date from previous experiences! Still, I don't want to be waiting too much longer then that though.

• Advertisement

Mine is confirmed to be in Ireland already, its going through customs or whatever needs to happen. I'm not really impatient, I had end of month in my head and that's fine, I'm just looking forward to a shiny new toy

Hopefully one of the days next week

I was told 7-10 days from port to dealer. It took 6 days from when I called the dealer checking if it landed and I think that was 2 days after the ship docked.

@Izzy77 at least you know it's on the way, the hard part for me was not knowing if it was built or not or on the way to the port in Germany so there was a lot of silence around the time it would have been built. Once you know it's at the port you know it will be on a boat soon, then will be at Dublin port etc. I find it makes the wait easier once you know it's finally moving.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

Absolutely. I'm grand with that. Not a lot I can do so when it comes, it comes! Looking forward to the savings I must say. I know the feeling of the radio silence - very frustrating for you. Glad you got sorted. Hopefully it was worth it🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

what is the on the road price for the cheapest version?

Prices are up 6% so I believe around €40,500 now? But don't forget the delivery cost includes the service pack so your first 4 tyres, brake fluid, front brake pads and a set of wipers are covered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Nice so quite competitive to id3. What's included in that price?

The only id3 cheaper are 145bhp or the 204bhp id3 life. 145bhp would be quite low I'm guessing.

I'm not sure how the base cupra compares to id3 life

I'm not sure what spec is available on the ID.3 at the moment but the Born was better value than the ID.3 Tech I was looking at. The Born has sport seats, sport suspension and adjustable steering. It also has the 12" screen that the ID.3 doesn't get.

Then in terms of general spec you get full parking sensors/reversing camera, side parking sensors with park assist, wireless phone charging, auto lights/wipers, heated mirrors/seats/steering wheel, adaptive cruise control/collision detection. Plus nicer quality interior.

And a far better looking car of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bikie1280

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has any worries that when/if cars with the new batteries with quicker charging and much longer ranges are launched in the next few years that the current ones will be very hard to sell or be worth a lot less than we think.

I don't believe it will be an issue, people are still happy to buy the original Leaf, eGolf or 28kWh Ioniq. Most people only do short journeys and this range is perfectly suited to them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have a look at how quick the last generation of Nissan Leaf sells when put in DoneDeal, or an Ioniq 28 etc

There will always be a market for the last generation. The same as there is now for last generation of 3 series, A3 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I'm doing a PCP. If it's hard to sell it's the dealer's problem. I'll just hand back the keys and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

People have been asking that question since at least 2017 when I first bought an EV, so far the residuals on cars have been better than their ICE equivalents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In 2012 when we got 2 Fluences and a Kangoo we were asked the same thing!

It’s a FAD we were told 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Gumbo you nailed it !

In 2012 I pulled out my boiler and rads and fitted two air to air heat pumps and they thought I was mad-

In 2014 we got a leaf and I was laughed at in work- and for several years after that too for going electric. The i3 is still referred to as the washing machine, as they put €100 diesel into their cars every week 🤣

2014 I had my attic spray foamed and my neighbours asked me why I was getting it done- “sure these 1975 bungalows are great, you don’t need that “!

I spent my few grands savings in 2018 on a solar install- they thought I was crazy as I deprived my family of an all inclusive holiday in turkey- not - instead we went Fanad Head and walked and climbed in the great outdoors. And got a whopper grant for the battery …

During covid I added 100mm of insulation to all my internal walls along with triple glazing, reinvesting the money saved from the ev and solar.

I seen the news during the week that said schools will be used to generate solar - I tried engaging my school and seai on this in 2014 and was told “solar in schools is a Waste of time as the buildings are empty in July and august “- roof surface area of 15,000m2 south facing ! This was the same crowd who refused to use LED lights in schools because it was “untested technology”….

Bit of a rant and off the Cupra line I know but as Gumbo said, it Looks like all the Fads weren’t Fads at all…

Was away for a few days amd saw all the posts thinking someone is putting up pics of their shiny new cupra, but no, just talk about home renovations

We definitely need some pictures to put us back on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Look what I got!

Oh look what you got is right! It's just fab! Good luck with it. It looks great.

Nice to see a new car in the thread to end the discussion of boilers, radiators and the like!

Happy motoring!

Looks great Dubsphan, those copper wheels are awesome looking. Looking back on thread mine arrived into the country very similar timing to you so hopefully I'm going to get a phone call very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Well wear dubsphan, looks great

• Advertisement

Mine arrived at dealership today.

I will be driving past before they close today so I do think I'll stick my head in for a look.

Advertisement