Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage 2 (confirmed)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wait till its a tenner tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It's a fun, limited blast of fun. Great action loop that borrows from the latest doom in rewarding kills with health so you are at the very least as likely to survive an insane in your face/oh I'm wearing yours blast fest as sit back and play it tactically (and there are a lot of level-up skills that lean into this). A game of the year (let alone life), no. A good blast for 20 or less absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm only a few hours into this, but enjoying so far. Combat is fun and I like the Force Push ability :D Looking forward to unlocking more madness.

Never really into the open world games and Rage 2 so far is hitting some of the reasons why. Big enough open world, but haven't really found much going on when journeying about. Couple of secret locations and hideouts, the sentry towers (which I might just steer clear of for a while), and the things pointed out on the map. Plus, I started one mission and now part two is on the opposite side of the map (how surprising).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just picked this up for 20. Really enjoyed the first game so we'll see how it goes.

It's on game pass so I started playing it over the weekend and surprisingly it's not as bad as I was expecting. It's very much an avalanche title and the repetition is there but it's not as bad as say just cause 4. The additional stuff on the map seems to have a point too unlike just many of their games.

The nagative, talking to people in settlements and they tell you about something as in a "side quest" I'm not seeing a way to track those. So when you complete it you have to go and talk to them and hope it was their thing you just did and they might give you cash or that wasn't their thing and they give you nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A main mission bugged on me , crappy game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive just started it a well on game pass, im enjoying it so far. Not a bad game at all in my opinion. Will probally stick it out till the end

• The quality of the shooting mechanics are all Doom which are fantastic which is why I enjoyed it and it's first DLC.

It's a shame about the structure and open world nonsense from avalanche.

If this had more focus and didn't have the interference from Avalanche studios then it would have been a much better game for it.

A main mission bugged on me , crappy game!

Was it Project Dagger??? Think I have the same problem. I have "Work with your allies to get project dagger operational" still active even after completing their missions and having them all over level 5.

And a google tells me this is common over all platforms and for quite a while so it's not been patched and fixed.

I'll see if I have an earlier save I can use and try that this evening.

EDIT: Reloading a save from before I turned in the last mission did the trick, no way I was playing it again.

It really is a poor game in terms of story. It has 7 story missions and no side quests to speak of. The missions take about 20 minutes each. The only thing from stopping you rushing trough it is the need to level up by doing the filler on the map. I say it every time "I'm never playing an Avalanche game again"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was it Project Dagger??? Think I have the same problem. I have "Work with your allies to get project dagger operational" still active even after completing their missions and having them all over level 5.

And a google tells me this is common over all platforms and for quite a while so it's not been patched and fixed.

I'll see if I have an earlier save I can use and try that this evening.

EDIT: Reloading a save from before I turned in the last mission did the trick, no way I was playing it again.

It really is a poor game in terms of story. It has 7 story missions and no side quests to speak of. The missions take about 20 minutes each. The only thing from stopping you rushing trough it is the need to level up by doing the filler on the map. I say it every time "I'm never playing an Avalanche game again"

That was the one ya I think, it second last mission I think, I uninstalled it after that, I like the combat but its not a tap on the first one, game map littered with pointless things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Well that ended rather suddenly, have most of the side quests finished and then bang, main story line comes to a close. Oh well I did enjoy that game while it lasted.

Gunplay is enjoyable. Look forward to getting more abilities and seeing what the open world has to offer.

Ignore every mission you have just go for the abilities, i finished the game with only half of them and regretted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ignore every mission you have just go for the abilities, i finished the game with only half of them and regretted it.

Also make plenty of manual saves. Got a bug on the final mission where quest marker would not show on map. Previous save was at least 8 hours old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Also make plenty of manual saves. Got a bug on the final mission where quest marker would not show on map. Previous save was at least 8 hours old.

Happened me as well, still hasn't been patched as far as I know

One of the worse most disappointing games I've ever played, not a patch on the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

One of the worse most disappointing games I've ever played, not a patch on the first one.

This is what's stopped me from playing the game :p
    I really enjoyed the first and keep hearing the second hasn't got anything on it. That it might as well been called something else as it's far removed.

Free on EGS now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Currently playing this and it is brilliant. I also liked the first but to be honest this one is better. Tonnes of stuff to do. I love coming up on a marker and killing everyone. My favourite weapon is the assault riffle. I remember in the first game near the end you get a really powerful weapon and I used it on one or two guys just to try it out and it was powerful but I said I will save it for later. Little did I know the game finished just like that. I was using my shotgun and assault riffle and it was tricky if I had known I could have used that weapon and deal with the enemies so much easier.

Back to this game. It does feel like Fallout meets Borderlands which was mentioned further back in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Make sure to make plenty of manual save files. There is a bug near the end of the game where the final quest won't show up at all. It's never been fixed in all the years the game has been out

I seen that I just read through the whole thread. I will start saving more often. The mad thing about that is that's what I done in the first. Every so often I would save in the first. And it was a true save. This game you can save. Come back and you are in a completely different location than you saved.

• Advertisement

I know this is an old thread and all but I have to make a point about what was discussed further back in this thread and the world is dead. How is that there is tonnes going on around you. There is always gangs of bandits or those mutants or even the shrouded fighting. then there is different vehicles driving around. How can you say the game world is dead it is littered with camps and different things to do.

I have done so much so far that I have to admit I am over powered at this stage.

Advertisement