Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was bemoaning the amount of tax we pay on everything which is now scandalous… going to be taxed for having a heartbeat next but..

the French are a step ahead, I read this morning that the French now have a swimming pool tax. 😵‍💫

so if you are a private citizen somewhere down say the south of France where the vast majority of private dwellings have a pool and require one with the temperature from the end of May into September anywhere and everywhere from 24-38 degrees.. you engage a company to build a pool that tax is paid on the building of, every purchase of chlorine and cleaning agent, tax is paid on… then you realise that hey, any maintenance job, tax paid on, but that is not enough, 200 euros on pool tax now tagged onto their property tax. What comes next ? A garage on your property = more tax ? Breathing tax ?

an affluent region for sure but fûck it, this bôllocks now in the EU where all taxes are rising, but not enough… tax swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Re your little dog losing weight in the kennels.

The Offspring has worked in kennels for years and quite a lot of dogs will stress so much that weight melts off them. The girls go to huge trouble trying to feed them up with every kind of food available; dry kibble, raw, cooked chicken and rice etc but if a dog is really unhappy there's no keeping weight on them.

Sometimes if a dog is really unhappy they recommend the owner tries a different tack ie pet sitters or stay with a friend or relative. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Excellent reply. Thank you. Of course dogs fret. When I had two and was out shopping.. I had to flatten myself against the wall to stop them knocking me over with their exuberant adoration... Then it was heads into food bowl..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Doing work in the garden recently and I've noticed a lot of people have music blaring at top volume. There's the mobile disco's, where the music is soo loud you can hear and feel it down the street before the car even appears on the road. Houses with bedroom windows wide open and the same shite being played at full whack. Worse is no one seems to play decent music now, what happened to Metallica and such. Even the Eagles or Bon Jovi would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

I'm much the same. We're down to 3 dogs now but a combined wall of Mastiff, Collie, and Springer all hitting me at once never fails to cheer me up .... and bruise me. God bless them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

It's not a tax on pools. A pool increases the value of your property, so your property tax goes up. 200 euro is just the average amount people's PT goes up, it depends on the pool size.

My TA: The mother of all spiders is living inside our compost bin. It's obscenely large, and while I appreciate the fact that it's getting rid of some flies I get the heebie jeebies everytime I have to open the bin 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm absolutely exhausted which has the knock on affect of my tinnitus going into overdrive.

On a normal day, it's like the hum you hear on a plane while waiting to take off....now it's that plus a higher pitch non stop buzz.

(((HUGS))) Out here just the wind and the occasional mooooo ... Which is why I love it here... The night silence... Wait until the gales start though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It would even be gross if it was chocolate ffs 🤣🤣

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lesson n. 1 - use your olfactory system before your gustatory one.😁

• Advertisement

It’s known as a swimming pool tax.

simply for that reason in France, permanently constructed pools increase property taxes because they boost a property’s value. Go hand in hand…Pools are taxed by size and according to local tax rates…the average 30 square meter pool, or roughly 323 square feet, costs the owner about 200 euros in taxes per year. Property taxes are paid to local municipalities… so the pool or having those amenities are what’s jacking up the charges..you are literally being taxed because you have a pool..

so something that enables health, wellbeing relaxation et al… gets taxed…..per year, every year…just for owning and having it… after having paid tax on getting it built….. after builder paying tax on materials, profit, wages etc..

french authorities are even using drones and other tech to find them 😅

I own a treadmill and an exercise bike, maybe I should be charged a ‘fitness tax’ annually..

literally this schtick in the EU now of being taxed just to own shît, after you paid for it and paid tax on it continues unabated…

wonder what next for Irish citizens.

Post edited by Strumms on

Horrible. I get episodes when the M,E is bad... Please rest? I am doing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sort of partial temporary relief from tinnitus - palms over ears, few fingers drumming back of your neck, thirty seconds seems to be the most effective

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Tried to place an order for a click and collect item I need urgently and the feckin field for email address keeps telling me to enter a valid email even though I am doing so. Grrrrrrr 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That often happens me, place the cursor at the end of the email and then hit space or return.

My TA, threads being ruined again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Won't somebody please think of the swimming pools...

Seems to be the norm lately,the threads I mean.

When I first joined Boards and even before, most threads for me were fun and educational. But lately most threads end up bitter and angry. To the point where I'm thinking now this isn't for me.

Leaving the gym and a girl exiting behind me shouting to grab the attention of her friend / boyfriend walking out the exit in front of me.. he doesn’t seem to hear her.. in her outright despair to grab his attention she tries to exit the doorway at the same time as me from behind almost shouldering me into the doorway / doorframe… about a four second wait and she can speak to the chap but no,

• Advertisement

this is a bit grim…employed to protect royal residences and property but because they have some sort of air of self whatever, they can just assault what looks like a three or four year old child who is doing nothing more then being in public…

I leave boards for long periods. Then dip a toe in again... Some forums are still not too bad,,,

Up int the early hours,,, settle back abed with a hot drink.. get really snug and WWWWWOOOOOWWWW! Cat wants in...Night starvation he alleges... DYING OF HUNGER he howls...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Cormac Ó hEadhra on Rte drive time radio

I understand that hosts want to be tough and give interviewees and government ministers a right grilling. His co-host Sarah McInerney can be tough for sure and is highly professional

But the guy is just rude. He sighs when someone is talking and interrupts everyone. Ask a question and 5 seconds later demand another question. He never ever gives anyone time to answer the questions he asks. Maybe he thinks he is a super job, my TA is he just comes across as ignorant and unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I was getting off the Luas yesterday and an elderly man on crutches was so busy barging on he hit me quite hard on the arm with a crutch. Ouch.

There was no need whatsoever for the barging, in the first place. Ignoramus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Finally going on my pre-covid cruise tomorrow. Developed a slight cold yesterday (did covid test - definitely negative) but if they refuse to let me on the boat because of my cold I will go nuclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My family's weird aversion to closing the breadbin.

This comes up often as the Guards often cannot do their vital work for the throngs of tourists who obstruct paths. The parents of that child should have made sure he was in their control in that setting. Not a public playground. The paths are clearly marked and they give clear LOUD vocal warnings.. "Make way for the Queens's Guard!" There are some shocking examples in the videos. They ARE there on guard. And there are signs up to that effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

He actually took a swipe at the kid! That is in no way justified because they are marching around the Tower of London. But they will knock whoever is in their way over there. What's so urgent?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement