Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec ireland

Options
  • 21-09-2022 12:17am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4

Recently been requested to attend seetec..one appointment so far..put in my application not looking for a due to numerous mental health reasons and jib isn't my focus right now.

Ok

Then still contact me every 3 weeks ?

Asking of cvs/jobs/ setting appointments

I feel like I'm going crazy with them like this. I dont understand why they call so much when they have on file details already..how can I stop them calling or wanting appointments etc when I am just not at this point yet ?

I have spoke to my therapist about how overwhelming it is also..please some advice ?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Dont worry. The best thing to do is turn up and tell them your situation. They have a job also to do and ignoring them is not the way forward. You will be treated with respect and they will be understanding. I was an Employment Advisor with SEETEC for a short while and I met lots of people in your situation. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You need to confirm your email address so you can post normally. Once that's done, I'll move it to a forum that's related to the topic.

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 km098

They already know my situation..how do I even begin to explain that the phone calls and constant contact off them is making me more anxious and stressed,making my mental health even worse..that last time she had an appointment set I had a panic attack..how ?

I just want to be left alone to get my head in a good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

If you are claiming jobs seekers and are not available to work you many need to speak to the social welfare office and get moved to another form of social welfare. Seetec are there in theory to assist people back to work and would work with people on Job Seekers payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,424 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

seetec arent actually there to assist, as their main mandate is to move people off welfare as fast as possible, no matter what the negative effects are to recipients, by doing so, they maximize their income from the state, i.e. everybody wins.....

op, contact your gp, if your therapy is in conjunction with your gp, both will know your situation, request a movement to alternative payments such as illness benefit and/or disability allowance, this is done in conjunction with your gp, but be aware, movement to such payments can take time, particularly disability allowance, whereby refusals are high upon first attempt, needing to appeal, which can be successful.

request a long term sick cert from your gp, but be aware, some may not do so, this should be presented to seetec, bearing in mind, i know someone that done this when seetec was first introduced, seetec refused the cert, yes, this is highly illegal, but these type of laws dont apply to such, maybe seetec are special or something!

yes, this is an absolutely disgraceful way to treat people struggling with mental health issues, but shur tis ireland after all....

best of luck, and look after yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

The people you are presenting to will not know how vulnerable you are at present. It is their job to see that people are actively seeking work. You are in no position to go working and explain that to them with the premise that when your mental health improves you will look for work. Tell them that every time you present yourself. They have a job to do and they will treat you with respect if you tell them the truth. Best of luck to you.

you ll actually find a significant proportion of welfare recipients are effectively vulnerable, mental health issues, addiction problems, and other complex behavioral and psychological issues are common amongst claimants, many would be unaware of the severity of their conditions and situation, many feeling extremely guilty and ashamed of their situation, therefore unable to appropriately communicate this to others. it general takes trained professionals such as medical professionals, psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists etc, to appropriately deal with such people, companies such as seetec are not the appropriate platform to deal with such social complexities, this in turn generally leads to an exasperation of claimants situations and general well being, i.e. this is a truly dreadful approach to such social problems. i appreciate that some seetec employees are very understanding and compassionate, but some truly arent, this is well documented now, since the introduction of this dreadful program, it truly is a disturbing approach to dealing with modern social complexities.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

OP go to your GP and ask to be for a letter to support moving to sickness benefit.

If they won't give you a letter, then they are tellingly that getting a job is what you need to do as part of sorting out your health issues. So take their advice and get a job.

Either way will make Seetec leave you alone.

such comments are not actually help, but are just truly ignorant, some medical professionals are actually woefully prepared for the complexities of mental health issues, and have a truly terrible understanding of whats actually needed, and of course some are truly great, but because of the design of our health system, the gp is the first port of call, and a hope for the best after that....

Advertisement