Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AliExpress

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone familiar with the Aliexpress dispute process? Have a seller post me the wrong item, tried to open a dispute but the button to do so on the website doesnt work. Chatted to a bot and the button for a dispute doesnt work there either. Am I better off just asking my bank for a chargeback rather than messing around with a system that looks deliberately set up to frustrate the customer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

These days I use PayPal when ordering from AliExpress.

Never had any hassle the few times I've had to use the AliExpress complaint process but I reckon having PayPal as a backup can't do any harm.

Also, Chinese tracking. Treat it as being as fake as all the "branded" items on AliExpress, Wish etc. and you won't go far wrong. When your item arrives, it arrives. If it doesn't arrive up to within 3/4 days of the cutoff date then stick in your complaint.

• Administrators Posts: 368 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭System

This discussion was created from comments split from: Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

A couple of questions if anyone could help

• I've spotted a couple of shops on Aliexpress that claim to ship from an EU warehouse (via DHL france, therefore no vat etc) is that legit? Delivery dates are about right 7/8 days.....as opposed to very long times on other items.
    • I'm having trouble buying a fairly high value item with a Mastercard. Keep getting a CSC_7200064 error. Bank sys they aren't even receiving an instruction to pay...best the shop merchanct can come up with is change payment method...but its putting me off a bit, I like the protection of a credit card....the other option would be transfer money to revolut and try use a revolut virtual visa debit.....or transfer directly which I absofuckinglutely wont do......................just seems odd that such a big site cant link up relatively seamlessly with Mastercard (it appeared to go as far as 3DS once but I wasn't asked to verify by my bank)
    • How trustworthy are ratings on something like Aliexpress, shop has been in existence since Feb of this year and apparently nearly five sar ratings with 100s of positive ratings, are these as worthless as used toilet paper? Is there a way to get an idea how trustworthy they are or am I naïve in thinking Aliexpress might verify them in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I'm looking to buy a watch from aliexpress delivered via Germany. I sort of have the attitude that if it shows up then it shows up. You might loose your money dealing with them as far as I'm concerned or have a very hard time getting a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I found that even paypal doesnt protect against the shenanigans in ali express!

Had bought a number of items from them with no hassle, but my latest experience has ended any potentual of buyubg off of them agaun, even with paypal!

Bought an item, value at just over 100 euro, and reasonably heavy and large (one person could carry it though).

Shipped from france, arrived and when i opened it, it was smashed!

Took photos and raised a complaint where the seller offerred me something like a 5 dollar refund!

No doubt i refused it and escalated the complaint! After several weeks i got an offer of about 30 euro refund, which was paid to me without my sign off!

I raised the issue again as i had paid over 100 euro and i then got an offer of a full refund if i returned the item to the factory in china!

I said i would return it to france and not china as it was shipped from france (shipping was probably too expensive either way but i knew what they were up to, the cheek of them expecting me to ship it back to china!

Anyway, ali express ended the dispute there and then as i had veen offerred a full refund if i shipped the package back to china!

I raised it with paypal then, and they did the exact same thing, refused refund as a full refund had been offerred!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

I buy 10's of things of aliexpress.

I've never received a customs request.

This is a tube of fluid (a peel-off face mask).

Could that explain why they're requesting a customs fee?

Normally I buy clothes and small electronics, no charge, ever.

The cost of customs processing is more than the value of the item also.

If I don't pay it, will they legitimately return it to China?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭rock22

Some sellers on Aliexpress include vat and deliver the item from Europe.

Others send the item from China and then customs collect vat and any duty payable.

The customs request is usually from the courier/ an post.

More details might help with the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭delboythedub

Make sure its from Aliexpress and not a scam

It was an item I bought from aliexpress listed at the same cost, meeting the description.

Checked it with the local post office and they have it in customs.

Legit, I'm just shocked there's customs charges on it.

• Advertisement

Yes the customs request was from An Post.

They left me a card saying pay customs with X amount of time or item will be returned to......... China?

The item cost 3.50.

Left China three weeks ago, arrived a couple days ago here.

I also received another aliexpress purchase yesterday, from China, no custom charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭dam099

Check your order and see does it show VAT included , Ali usually collect VAT even on China orders under the IOSS process.

It could be an issue with the electronic declaration not indicating that. Even if it is it can be difficult to impossible to get An Post to sort out.

Yes the order indicates that VAT was included in the cost (as it is on all aliexpress orders).

How would I go about addressing that with An Post?

Their payment request says it's for "customs", not VAT?

Apparently the delivery was missing something called an IOSS (Import One Stop Shop) number.

Which apparently shows VAT has already been deducted.

In this instance the electronic data submitted by the exporter to An Post for submission to Irish Revenue did not include the retailers registered IOSS reference.  

Returned to sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭deezell

Ordered from Aliexpress on the 18th June. 39 days and waiting. In Belgium since the 30th, left there for here on 24th. Not in AnPost tracking yet. Snail mail doesn't come close. Constipation mail? With that kind of transit time, there must literally be mountains of packets in depots in the chain. This is the Belgium post leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

Ordered stuff from AliExpress the first week of July and 2 items arrived yesterday,but there was a item I ordered before the 2 I received yesterday and it hasn't come yet.

But of course it was only ordered one day before the 2 items that arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭deezell

Packet still stuck in Anpost since the 24th July, 15 days, despite customs supposedly expedited in Belgium post, where it languished from the 30th June to the 24th July, 24 days, after only 12 days to reach there from China. Now I see Alliex saying that there's no tracking on the final leg. OTOH, they seem aware that it's stuck in AnPost, so haven't cleared it for payment. It's a €10 order of 10 cheap trolly/mower wheel flange bearings, can't find the size here.

Curiously, about 4 days after it departed Belgium, I got a one line WhatsApp asking me for €2.80 in customs from a makey uppy URL. Who's skimming the contact mobile nos, often on the outside label on these packets and giving them to scammers?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

MOD: You had already posted this on the Duty/VAT thread. Please do not post across different threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭romperstomper

kinda weird. basic digital watch is 7.24 on desktop but 2.88 on my phone (still using browser, not app)

There was an error displaying this embed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
Advertisement