Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Warning

Options
  • 21-09-2022 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there, I received a warning after accepting an offer.. the buyer offered the full asking price, and I accepted by replying "PM'ed" as I wasn't going to share any personally identifiable information in a public forum. Shortly afterwards, I received a warning and a private message in all caps stating that "no contact should be made until a deal is reached". I explained that as the full asking price had been offered that the acceptance was implied in my response. This seems like an overly harsh implementation of the rules.

Many thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I presume this is from Airsoft Adverts? Have you discussed this with the mod first?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fgrant

Hi Spear, thanks for your swift response. Yes, I discussed it with the moderator, but they were of a different opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The cmods will review it then, @awec @Steve

Thanks you, do I need to do anything else or just wait until they've had an opportunity to review?

• Advertisement

They'll check with the mod about it, and may or may not have questions for you, but they'll ask on here in such an event.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Looking into this

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi @fgrant ,

I did some digging, and also spoke with the moderator. I am going to uphold this card.

While you may see it as an implicit acceptance of an offer, in the interests of full transparency the Airsoft Adverts forum requires a more explicit on-thread acceptance of an offer being going to PM.

awec.

Thanks for taking the time to review - although I maintain that it is a reasonable assumption that when someone offers the full asking price, and you acknowledge with "PM'ed", you've accepted the offer. Nor does it warrant a warning or a ban.

However, this is only my opinion. You are entitled to run the platform as you see fit. It simply isn't for me.

You can still have an admin review this, or leave it at this point. The warning has probably expired anyway at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This was a 2 point warning - it runs to 4 October

It's been two weeks with no response, and the warning is expired now anyway, so marking it resolved.

Advertisement