Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Elizabeth line will change the numbers on getting to Shoreditch, its a pain currently but direct LHR to Liverpool Street will be a game changer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Just got an email telling me about a new Avios/AerClub app. Downloaded it and tried to log in, but it just keeps loading back to the login.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Yep - I was logged in earlier but for some reason now logged out and having this issue. It’s nothing major in terms of upgrade over the previous version… I also think it a bit odd that the “AerClub” app only focuses on Avios and not tier points or benefits of AerClub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

I need to book my current Aer Credit Card “reward” flights by next Monday, or else lose them. Does anyone know if both flights need to be booked together, or can you make two separate bookings? And can one of these flights be in my wife’s name? She is an additional card holder on the account.

Also, the last time I booked, I needed to scroll back month by month to enter our dates of birth when applying for the flights. Does anyone know of a shortcut that would prevent me having to click several hundred times in order to make the booking?

I went onto the Aer Credit Card portal this morning and was able to submit separate flight requests for myself and my wife. And they have changed the way in which dates of birth are entered, so that you can now just type in the year.

Hopefully there won’t be any problems getting the flights requested. 🤞 I’ll post the outcome here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I'm missing about 9 car rentals worth of avios. I put the EI number in on my booking, they just stopped adding points and the claim my miles on avis site doesn't work after i claim any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is the aerclub estore down for anyone else on desktop? Tried 3 browsers. Working fine on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

So I seem to be going in circles with AVOIS on this. I have the individual email confirmations for my three booking.com bookings and each say "In partnership with Aer Lingus". AVIOS are telling me that

"This department deals with Avios AerClub eStore purchase only.

If you’d like to collect Avios for purchasing via eStore, you need use the AerClub eStore link on our website https://estore.aerlingus.com/ to get to the Retailer site and then make your purchase.

If you book directly on the AerClub site ( https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/using-aerclub/collecting-avios/#/tab-1-on-the-ground ) , you will be eligible for Avios, however it will be handled by AerClub"

Does anyone know what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

If a booking says "In partnership with Aer Lingus" then that suggests the booking made using the Hotels booking link on the Aer Lingus website, and not through Avios eStore.

I don't know if or how you earn Avios for booking.com when not booked through the eStore.

Ah I see. So maybe I need to go direct to Aer Lingus AerClub and check with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

I'd go with BA where you can. You'll get far more gate upgrades with them and partners whereas EI don't have a European J product to upgrade you to.

Hi all. I just booked a flight on the Aer Lingus website which has an Alaska Airlines connection. Can I earn AVIOS points with it?

The website does not mention this Airline but other sites show the same flight with an EI flight number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to purchase an item from the BOSE IE store via the aerclub estore. For some reason the BOSE IE link keeps leading me to the GB store, where the item I want to purchase is 60EU more expensive (plus import taxes I'd have to pay at delivery). Does anyone know how I can access the BOSE IE website via aerclub? It's annoying because aerclub list the BOSE site as "BOSE IE" but then bring me to GB.

All my settings are to Ireland and all the other sites I click lead me to the IE site. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I get the same issue with M&S via the store as well. Once the eStore sends me to the vender website the first thing I do is change the country to IE and that works fine for M&S. Not sure if that's any help to you but it seems to be a common issue. Another reason aerclub is a bit useless a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I have tried to change it within BOSE but can't seem to be able to. Will keep trying. Aerclub very poor value and totally useless in my view but that's another topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

The M&S link on the eStore sends me to the Irish website.

I checked Bose and you can change the country at the very bottom of the page. There's a risk the Avios won't track though since it changes the URL from .co.uk to .ie.

Hi all, anyone know how long it takes to get tier credits put on your account.

I took a flight on Sunday that will move me up a tier and have a flight on Thursday where I would like to have the upgraded benefits.

Frustrating that it is not done quicker.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Depends on multiple factors - where the flight left from being one. Also probably the phase of the moon, the rate of change of the earth's magnetic field and what's for lunch in the EI canteen - it's about that predictable!

Mine from Saturday ex DUB have posted.

Thank you. It is very frustrating. In this day and age you think it would be real time. The United Airlines portion of my trip posted yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

For anyone travelling out of Glasgow - Aer Lingus have cancelled their contract with the lounge provider there in the last few weeks. Which was fairly annoying to find out on the door yesterday in a packed airport with 2 hours to kill.

Anyone come across this in other regional UK airports?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Majorca! Surprised there isnt a lounge there seeing as there are so many flights from EI.

So credits finally arrived after my Thursday flight which was delayed by an hour so lounge access would have been nice. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

As Platinum, if flying on the same ticket

• You can guest into the lounge
    • You can bring someone through fast track
    • Priority boarding

The cabin bag however is not included for the guest

If I book a rewards flight by cashing in some avios, do I get tier points as normal for that flight?

No. You don't earn tier points or avios on reward flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Can you transfer avios from BA to Aer lingus? If i want to book an aer lingus reward flight am better of having the points with aer lingus or deos it even matter?

Yes, you can transfer Avios from BA to Aer Lingus. You need to make sure your name and address match exactly in your AerClub and BA Executive Club accounts for it to work. Be warned that the transfer tool is often down.

While you can book Aer Lingus reward flights through BA, it's cheaper to do it via Avios.com so you should transfer any avios you need to your AerClub account.

What's the lag time on Tier Points showing up after a flight?

I've had 4x return trips in the last 2 weeks and none of them seem to be showing up yet. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Seems to depend on what airport you fly from as well. Apparently the airport needs to send over the records of who actually got on the plane and some airports are slower than others in that regard.

Advertisement