Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Decks 3x04 - 'Room For Growth' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

• 15-09-2022 5:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 3x04 - 'Room For Growth' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye not a great episode this week in fact I would go so far as to say this was a very weak episode and the worst ever episode of Lower Decks.

Yes it had a few Easter eggs in there but I found some of it like the getting to the terminal quicker and the sludge room they were in just silly and then the defector ector spinning what's that about?

Hopefully the next episode is better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Yeah, have to agree @AMKC , some nice moments but very meh. Seems to be a slower start getting into things this season than in the past.

The deflector spinning room actually somewhat annoyed me, mostly because I initially thought it was a small nod to that early Enterprise episode when Mayweather found the location on the ship where gravity was nullified. Not a great episode, but I liked the idea for the zero g room.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eadrom

I really enjoyed this one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This one felt fairly bland to me. Only T'ana and Shax on the holodeck had any real amusement value, the two main plotlines weren't particularly engaging. If a live action series had done this, it'd feel like a ship in a bottle filler episode.

At least there's a nod to Boimler continuing his new bold Boimler approach to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eadrom

Holodeck bit was great. The Masks setup at the start was great. I liked learning a bit about how rooms are allocated. And just enjoyed the journey through the ship.

The de-stressing story was a bit bland though.

Not the greatest but I enjoyed it more than last week actually. I agree this season hasn’t hit the high marks of previous seasons (yet?) though. Also maybe SNW has just raised the bar a little bit extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,601 ✭✭✭corkie

Yes. as others have said not really a memorable episode.

Post edited by corkie on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was alright. Did feel a bit light on story and the deflector room bit I'm not sure about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

For the love of Q could someone show American animators (well, probably the storyboard artist) what bullets actually look like once they're fired.

OK enough episode apart from that pet peeve. Good to know there are more D'Arsay libraries out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just caught up on the last two now.

Both good episodes and couple good jokes.

Loved the visuals and plot was decent enough for what it was.

Although I do feel, this is definitely a much weaker season that the previous one.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Ms

For the love of Q could someone show American animators (well, probably the storyboard artist) what bullets actually look like once they're fired.

Why do they change when they are fired? What do they look like then?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Only the grey part, labelled 1, is fired but they almost always animate the casing, labelled 2, too.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Very "disposable" this week. I mean we've already had an episode around Freeman being the most stressed Captain in Star Fleet. Shax was hardly in it and he was the MVP of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I've a mate that was hit by the casing from a round before. As it was ejected, it burned his cheek. You'd forget about the other bit alright.

Post edited by TheValeyard on

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Not a bad episode. Just a fun throwaway episode. Thought the holodeck bit was very funny. And the engineers' inability to switch off (Disturbingly accurate). And them tripping balls (I love that animation thing where eyes blink one at a time - Witness the first time you see Buzz Lightyear). Makes me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I'd agree this was a pretty poor episode - the only standout bit being the visit to the holodeck. It starts with a fairly weak setup : if the characters win the room lottery it would undermine the entire premise of the show them being on lower decks. So then you know as a viewer they won't succeed - there's nothing at stake. I was hoping the 'B' story with the engineers would tie in somehow to the main story but instead it just kept hitting the same joke over and over again "the engineers relax by fixing technical problems".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I liked the gag about the Klingon guest to the Dove having overrun his time, but the staff were too scared to go ask him to leave.

Yeah the rest of the episode was fine, but it's a sitcom, fine is when a series is ticking away nicely. Nothing stellar so far but never less than entertaining.

I'm wondering where "Bold Boimler" is going mind you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I'm wondering where "Bold Boimler" is going mind you...

@pixelburp Oh yeah! That should be fun. Made me go back and watch the Boimler Borg episode! I keep forgetting that he actually has quite a few episodes where you realise he's really, really competent. But just a bit of an idiot!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't know if it's deliberate or not, but it exactly parallels a DS9 episode opening, where Quark summons Odo to eject a Klingon from a holosuite, who's overstayed his time, but Quark was too afraid to face him.

• Advertisement

Isn't Bold Boimler basically the same as Titan Boimler? They should catch up with Titan Boimler and have home be a lieutenant commander and next in line for first officer or something.

Advertisement