Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Did that not happen 8 months ago?

Also no way is that child 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People not putting the little divider behind their shopping at the checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Your phone is a TV if you want it to be.

I'm sure the countless television cameras will do a far better job at covering the whole thing than someone standing in a crowd with a shakey phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I put on an early wash , bed clothes, I heard the spin ( drying) cycle while I set up the tumble dryer in the shed.and while doing that the bloody machine restarted its cycle. The spare set are in boxes somewhere 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Colleagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Be right back

Seeing someone throw their cigarette butt into the Lee and seeing someone else smoke in an area where it says 'no smoking'!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Groups of cars driving through a town honking horns after a match or a wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah not the same as taking it yourself as it is happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Getting snug back abed.. then realising you left your mug of delicious hot chocolate in the kitchen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm not familiar with that particular presenter but I 100% agree. I hate that style when someone thinks they are being really tough but in fact they are just being downright rude. Plus there is an absolute skill in giving someone enough rope betimes.

Catriona Perry tried that style of 'interview' when she first took over presenting the main evening news. She snapped at a guy one time, I think it was at a time of a severe weather event and he was the head of the relevant organisation, giving updates about what preparation was being done. He put her right back in her box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Something that is "urgent" when it's not.

"Working 9 - 5"

My job is 9 - 6.

Realising you've worked through lunch time.

Again !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yes definitely not the same.

Savour the moment instead of having your phone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I keep thinking today is Thursday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I keep forgetting what day of the week it is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭jacool

People driving their cars with

a) hoodies up

b) but worse, people with headphones on or in-ear jobbies in

a) could only be worse if they are wearing the hoodies to hide the headphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I had the trifecta of annoying check-out behaviour just now.

1. Had that decision to make of what till to chose, of the two that were open. One had a woman with a full trolley of shopping with her, the other had less so chose the latter. It was a mistake.

2. The woman in front of me willy-nilly loaded her shopping onto belt without using the divider. Ah sure says I, she'll notice I only have two items and will let me through.

3. She instead decides to have a slow chat with the cashier (which is unusual in Aldi/Lidl). Now I assume she would have known she was going to engage in a conversation with the cashier beforehand, so surely would have been sound and let me through. Nope not a bit of it.

Oh and actually, she took an eternity to get out her purse too. All I wanted was a pastry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Always go with the trolley....in my experience from working as a cashier the trolley people have lost the will to live by the time they get to the cash register and want to be home already, so they'll bomb through everything*

Customers with one or two items are in no rush, so they'll pay with pennies/cents...have the chats and generally make the experience an "event"

* Trolley theory can be hampered if there's 2 people together and one being no help and just getting in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got home from work and opened outlook on the phone as I was expecting an important mail. Got it, wrote out the whole mail forward detailing what needed to be done, happy banana I thought.

Just as my finger was in mid air to hit send, up pops Samsung UPDATE AVAILABLE and I hit that dreaded update button. Phone immediately shuts down and takes twenty minutes to restart.

Fcuk you Samsung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dunno, I just happened across it on YouTube and was shocked somewhat.

My ex-sister in law does that so she can take phone calls and listen to whatever shite is on her phone. She somehow thought it was safe , dumb bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Without question this must have been posted before, but people that go to an event and instead of watch it, the whip out the camera and video record it. Looking at countless pictures of people at the Garth brooks concert and all you can see are people with phones in hand recording. You spent a 100 quid to be there. Just watch the event.. want to see it in the TV, settle, it'll be on Netflix at some stage I've no doubt

People are preoccupied by recording and photpgraphing things rather than appreciating the moment.

If you've ever taken a photo in a museum, you are the apex dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Today was the official opening of our office (though it actually opened in November 2021 hmmm). It is a cool new office building to be fair and I like it.

All staff ordered to be here work today in business wear and to be in the canteen at 5pm for cutting a ribbon and speeches and drinks & finger food.

I was in work on time, wore my shirt & tie but I didn’t go to the speeches or hang around for drinks. Why? I spend over 1 hour each way commuting on a bus and I surely am not hanging around a canteen for an hour or so. Not anti-social , I was at lunch with 3 teammates.

And yet the boss was asking where I was. I am at my desk at 8:30, don’t smoke, don’t drink tea or coffee, do my job and leave on time. I will do overtime as needed and help new hires all the time.

Sigh my TA are companies who act like you are difficult if you don’t attend drinks. I’ve no interest in networking or being promoted and I don’t want to attend after work events when I have to spend 1 hour on a bus home

Yet I am the awkward one ? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Caller ID withheld phone calls

I never ever answer them. Chances are I'm unlikely to answer the phone of you're not in my phone book, but never caller withheld phone calls...

Ringing with your caller ID withheld is like calling to my door with a balaclava on. I'm not **** answering it if you don't want me to know who's calling

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mention work/life balance, your boss will back down quickly. I hate those "mandatory fun" corporate events. I work for company x, I don't live for it.

That my cheapo sandwich toaster doesn’t have a clamp to hold it tight against the bread, so I have to hold it

A large filled kilner jar would do the trick and wouldn't burn or melt.

• Advertisement

Post edited by New Home on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement