Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So after 100K of joyous tempo and session running there's a fupping split in the sole 😭😢

Not massive atm but I'm not expecting it to heal itself 😅

Was using them very sparingly and only for certain sessions.... absolutely love them so pretty p1ssed off tbh.

Until the split appeared they were probably my favorite shoe I've ever run in.

Not sure if they made me faster or not (I think they did) but the recovery after a run is where they really excel.

Anyway, Nike are offering a refund which is something I guess.....still half tempted to blow my refund on another pair 😂😆 Goddammit Nike!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

The Tempos% are known to split at the sole so there's a big chance that the same will happen to the replacement. If you liked the benefit of having a good recovery after a session, just go with the full blown NEXT% super shoe. You'd easily get 400 training miles out of them

I only found out about the known flaw in Tempos after I bought them....I already have Vaporflys and Zoom Flys which I've been keeping for races.

Will have a think about going back to the Tempos....will Nike keep replacing/refunding them infinitely if they keep splitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I’ve a few pairs, I find them a bit heavy when you get over 16km only tend to run around the 20km mark but it wouldn’t be a lighting pace.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

Regarding Vaporflies, is there any real difference between mens and womens version?

I'm a uk8 in Nike and can see the women's version for €50 cheaper?

Edit - Question still stands but it appears to be only the bright pink version that's reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Nope, I bought a pair of women's Alphaflys in size 9 and they are the exact same as the mens. Kids shoes on the other hand are not the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I've got a pair of Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit 3's on the way as they seem to work well for me as an everyday shoe, well at least versions 1 & 2 have. They live at home & I've a pair of Reebok Energy runners in a locker at work. The Nike's always show up on the app for €79 at some stage during the year instead of the more normal €160 price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I ordered a pair too, they're great value at that price. The tracking doesn't seem to be working though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Anyone tried the new Decathlon carbon plate shoe yet? Apologies if discussed before, this thread moves too fast for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Pegasus 39s came over the weekend, looking forward to testing them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Anyone have the Saucony endorphin pro 3, bought a pair a couple of weeks ago and have struggled with them. Left shoe gave a little rubbing on the achillies, and seemed tight across the top of the foot where the laces are knotted.

I've never that any problem like that before, so I ran with them in Berlin, after about 7 miles I had a pain across the left foot, but it went after a mile. But when I finished both feet were sore on top and still are. It's like the laces were too tight but they weren't, maybe the very thin tongue obviously doesn't offer too much protection

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bgiraffe

Query on the vaporfly v alphfly sizing - anyone noticed any difference between the two? I'm coming to the end of a pair of alphafly which fitted perfect at my usual size 11. I see with the vaporfly the guidance is that they fit small so I'm thinking half a size larger may be required. Just wondering if anyone has experienced any size difference between the two? Hoping to use new vaporfly in dcm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

It's very much dependent on your foot type. Personally I find the vaporfly narrower in the toe box than the alphafly so I need half a size up in vaporfly.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Just got them, yet to run in them but will give them a spin tomorrow, maybe a longer run Sunday. I was about to ask if anyone had done the full marathon in them, how they got on etc so good to know your feedback.

Multiple reviewers have mentioned the Achilles issue but said it goes away once broken in.

I'm not super fast, marathon PB being 3:50 so thinking it may be overkill for the marathon for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

I have them and struggled with Achillies and blisters on the first couple of runs. They seem to have broken in now and no issues up to HM. Going to take them on my LSR this weekend and see how they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’ve yet to meet someone at our AC club who uses the Tempo’s and didnt have splitting issues.

mine split after 100k and Nike took them back. Even the reviews on Nike.com are littered with people saying they returned them split.

My guess is that this is the first and last iteration of the shoe. I found them fast but heavy, more suited to tempo day than long runs (the hint is in the name I suppose!). I had rubbing issues all over, that I haven’t had in any shoes before or since.

changed to the Speed and haven’t looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

I noticed some discomfort in the ball of my left foot last week towards the end of a 20 miler. A couple of folk on the improvers thread said they also had some issues.

A review I read mentioned wearing a half size bigger due to the tight toe box, or wearing thinner socks.

Hoping it's simply a 'breaking in' issue, and also, I've never ran in a high stack shoe before so hopefully it's just the foot getting used to that difference.

Could do without the stress of it tbh though.

I’ve over 800km in the first pair I bought never any issue, I agree they’re a heavier shoe over the 16km mark.

• Advertisement

I’m the same size as you I’ve two pairs of VF and a couple of pairs of AF, the VF definitely fit smaller I went a half size up in VF perfect. AF fit true to size for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

Picked up the Novablast 2 for €94 to replace my now retired NB fuelcell RC elite as my everyday trainer.

Really enjoyed my first run in them, nicely cushioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Me and the Novablasts never got along - enjoying the Puma Velocity as an everyday trainer as well as Reeboks Floatrides.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Interesting you mentioned about going up a half a size, I have always wore a 9, up till last year when I was advised to go for a 8.5, I took the advice of the running shop owner, and bought a pair of speeds. The half size smaller gave me no problems so he was right. When I went for the pros they only had 9s so I took them, I don't know if that was an issue, I doubt it because most of my runners are still a 9.

The rubbing issue on the Achilles did go away at the start of the marathon, but a week after the marathon, the top of my right foot is bruised. Same as yourself I hope it's a combination of the laces being too tight and the shoes need more of a breaking in period

A couple of random shoe questions:

Do Reebok do half sizes?

Was interested in trying out the Floatrides but from what I saw they only had full sizes available (unless I'm missing something obvious)

New Balance store in Kildare Village.

Haven't been to Kildare Village in a couple of years....will probably pop in there on the way back from DCM. Does anyone know if they stock 880s or 1080s?

I don't think they had them the last time I was there and I'm looking to diversify from Nike a bit... although I'll probably end up splurging in there as well 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Kildare Village definitely have the 1080’s, 880’s and 680’s. Saw them a week or so ago there. Will obviously be the older versions and not the latest. For some of them, make sure you have the phone to Google the product code. At least with the above you can find the name of them on the shoe exterior. Some of them that lack a name on the shoe and/or tongue and your left googling the code to find out what it is! 😂

As for Reebok - they should do half sizes. I have a few pairs of Floatrides in a half size. If it’s online they just might show up if out of stock. I do know their new carbon shoe is full size only though.

Thanks for all info.

That makes sense about the Reeboks...it was the carbon plate ones I was looking at alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

How am I only discovering this thread now...

Just bought the Puma Elite Fast-R, has anyone had any experience with them?Pretty decent returns policy on LS (30 Days even if worn, no questions asked) and I had a 15% code. The Deviate Nitros are one of my favourite shoes of the last year so I'm very excited to try these...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Advertisement