Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest battery Doorbell vs Eufy Video Doorbell 2K

Options
  • 10-09-2022 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

which one is better folks? I have existing doorbell wiring at the front door. What in your opinion would be best as they are the same price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I have the eufy dual doorbell with Homebase 2. I have it about 3 months now and it’s never missed a beat. While the initial cost is slightly more having no monthly sub makes it better value than nest/ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Is there a delay of conversing with someone at the front door? I've read online this cane be an issue with the eufy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I haven't noticed any delays the few times I used that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭cobham

Eufy for us, door bell sound in house is good coming from the basestation and also on linked phones. We have wirefree one a few months now and just recently had to recharge the battery and it took c 4 hrs. We like the video record of people coming to the door tho with a short front garden, if the car is missing, people passing on pavement can trigger. We have used angled bit to tilt the viewing angle into porch area.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I haven't seen the feature to talk to people on the Google Home, might be locked behind a Nest subscription.

However I was able to send text prompts from it.

Also mine struggles at times to connect to the app, assume it's down to distance from the router.

• Advertisement

Ended up getting the nest. Had it setup but when i removed it from the wall to install in a more optimised location it got stuck in an update step . No matter how many times i reset it. Phone, wifi couldn't get it to with. Google sending out replacement today. Was impressed with the picture quality and real time conversing also good. Its not oerfect but I'm happy enough. Battery went down 8 percent 1st day but i was nessing about with the camera a lot.

There are existing doorbell wires giving 15V ac ... might try and wire up the new one when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

I use EzViz which takes 12-24 V dc on the existing db power. If you put in a micro memory then there are no fees and you have the voice / bell / detection / recordings and video software.

Replacement arrived this morning. Hooked it up to the ediswting wiring and all good. Happy out.

One little negative for me is that it only records for the last 3 hours which is a little misleading by google i think. This makes it sound like the device holds 3 hours worth of recordings locally but in fact this is not the case. If a recording is triggered say by someone arriving to the door at 7 am then you can only go back as far as 4 am. If there was an event at 3am it won't be in the event history unfortunately. I suppose at the end of the day it works great as a doorbell and the 2 way audio is fantastic but it's not a security cam and i suppose it isn't meant to be one.

Advertisement