Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curious Case of Violet-Anne Wynne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Only heard of this woman cos of this stunt. Prefer to vote for people that want to do the job they are paid for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,889 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Wynne gave birth to her daughter with the assistance of the ambulance service in a car park as she could not get to the hospital on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whats the problem with bringing a baby into work?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Ask your boss. Insurance I wager will be the answer. And double if it's not open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,676 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can a SF supporter give us a possible list of SF ministers and their portfolios in a SF cabinet?

• Advertisement

I'm asking people here who have a problem with it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The first "actual' baby as apposed to the other babies in the dail.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 23,676 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's a place of work, not a creche.

Also publicity stunts like that should caled out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I’m not a fan of Violet Anne but she was using the crèche which closed at 6:30 and the vote in the chamber was after that time so she had to bring the baby with her.

I know she said that she is mixed feeding and I’m assuming she is expressing milk for the crèche to give to her daughter through the day. I have to question her partner’s role in all of this. This woman is the breadwinner in the family and she is also carrying out all the parental duties for the child even though she isn’t a single parent. As an outsider looking in, this man never fails to show me what a lazy, unsupportive bum he is.

When one is at work, one should be able to give 100% to the job.

Imagine a teacher having to interrupt class to soothe a howling baby?

Imagine trying to reconcile a complicated bank statement with someone else’s baby howling beside you?

Same goes for workers on a production line.

Imagine the health and safety issues of a mother bringing a baby to her job in an abattoir. Or a surgeon bringing a baby into the operating theatre?

It’s not as the baby’s father is working. Leave the baby in his care.

• Advertisement

Is she supposed to drive from leinster house when the creche closes down to Clare then back to leinster house?

Again I dont see any issue with this. Its no big deal.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It always annoyed me when pre covid, someone would bring their baby in to show their colleagues and you've got a gaggle of women cooing over a baby and making a stupid amount of noise. Work environment is not fit for a baby. It's up their with bringing a baby into the cinema or theatre, it's obnoxious and don't do it imo.

The creche closed at 6:30 - bringing a baby into the chamber isnt stopping any TD doing their job

Terry Pratchet

Noone is prevented from doing their job if a baby shows up. Its no big deal.

Terry Pratchet

It is if it disrupts everybody else who is trying to work.

Thats exaggeration though. Noone was disrupted doing their work in the Dail last night.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭slay55

Ahh come on the presence of a small child can put you on edge if it's not yours. No idea if it's going to scream or not. Was there not supposed to be a vote happening ? If so members of the public are not allowed in at that time. Why is said child not at home with loving dad.

But what about the next night when the baby is cranky (as babies can be)? I get she had no choice but to bring her daughter with her but going forward, alternative arrangements will have to be made.

If she were a single parent, I’d support her request for her own private after hours carer to be allowed look after the child within the grounds if there’s no break to drop the child off. But she’s not a single parent and she shouldn’t have to be the one left organising and holding the baby in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

It’s okay most of them are on their phones when any speeches are being made… if anything the baby probably woke a few of them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,889 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

A con saw going off at vote time wouldn't disrupt it.

No one pays attention anyway.

It's not like she brought the baby into surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Would your position be that the effort and attention neded to look after a baby is tiny and inconsequential ......... most people that I know think it's fairly hard work!

How about shortening maternity leave? Would you be in favour of that too?

Jaysus. You must be a really nervous person if every baby you see puts you on edge.

Terry Pratchet

Mine are not babies anymore care to elaborate ? Ask any parent their own child can be taxing enough without someone else's little darling around.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ahh come on the presence of a small child can put you on edge if it's not yours

Huh? Why would someone's elses child put me on edge? my own child yes, because I have to look after them, other peoples children are brilliant.

Smile and a wave and off I go, nothing to do with me, no edge would I be on.

Whats to elaborate. You said other peoples babies put you on edge.

Terry Pratchet

All well and good until your in an enclosed space with one for no reason whatsoever. I can get trapped in a lift with one nothing I can do. But would not expect in the 21st century to have to put up with one in a workplace. Again where is the husband why is he not taking his role.

I know. Very weird reaction to be "on edge" when you see babies.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Indeed they do. Like waiting for a chalkboard to be scratched. Do you have kids ?

Advertisement