Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

Epic bleed kit for TRP Hy/Rds from Amazon.

Croix de Fer is overdue a bit of TLC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

Was bored at break time, so I ordered a hoody from Galibier. It's called the bike shed hoody, there's no reviews or anything, but I'm always looking out for stuff like that to wear for work

This just arrived today (very quick turnaround). Fit is good, nice colour, comfortable. All in all I'm very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Shimano 105 R7000 front derailleur to replace a sticky Ultegra 6800 one. Arrived and fitted and it's so much better than the older design. A front change is now every bit as smooth and effortless as a rear one. Seems to be much less tension on the cable too so it should last longer.

If you mean what I think you mean by sticky, I sorted a 105 5800 lever that wouldn't shift up the block as the grease in place from when the shifter was assembled hardened and went tacky.

I peeled the hood off, flushed it out well with degreaser (spray), rinsed it out to get rid of the degreaser, and, once dry, relubed with a light lube spray (can't remember what exactly but something I'd picked up in Lidl/Aldi). It's worked fine ever since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

2 x 1850 batteries with solder tabs to have a go at restoring my original cycliq Fly12. Just not holding the charge anymore. Soldering Iron to follow!(Fly12 Sport launched today, which reminded me to get my arse in gear!)

Make sure you've a roll of solder too. A flux pen helps as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

No, the problem was not with the shifter or the cables but with the various pivots within the front derailleur. Despite cleaning and light lubrication, the changer regullarly needed a nudge from my heel to shift on to the smaller chainring.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Where did you get the batteries (I presume you meant 18650) as I've to get one for my Fly6?

Yes, 18650. https://www.batteryupgrade.ie/ from the Netherlands. The more local and cheaper didn't seem to have the ones with solder tabs in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just be careful with 18650s they can be volatile little buggers when you apply heat to them. A bucket full of sand to fling it into and an open door near you is the best protection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Any recommendations on some 700x32 winter tyres for a hybrid? Want to upgrade from stock tyres on soon-to-be-collected cycle to work acquisition! The bike shop doesn't have much in stock unfortunately. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭seanin4711

This little puppy.

no longer an illegal TT'r.

Thanks Cycling Ireland for the added motivation.

Saris replacement belt for my Hammer - buy cheap buy twice seems to apply to the turbo belts... Now it's snapped I can see it wasn't up to the same standard!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just bought new foam inserts for my Giro plastic hat from Bike-Discount.de. Picked up a new rear light as my preferred one has recently decided not to hold a charge.

Might get some bib-shorts from Galibier later as I've had to stop using two recently (apparently the material has thinned and is starting to reveal my cleavage!)

I've had good experience with Panaracer Gravel Kings (had been using semi-slick ones, have some SK ones on the way). They roll well, are reasonably light, and I only had 1 or 2 punctures in the past 3 years. ProbikeKit are a good source

Pair of Hutchinson Tundra Gravel tyres from Bike Inn. Wasn't planning on replacing my gravelkings, but they didn't seem to cope well coming out of storage (with the bike) since the holiday in June on a short spin last week. They've lasted three years, which is alright, but multiple non-sealing holes on the rear that I don't really want to chance in Fermanagh next weekend.

Just to say - I was close to going gravelkings again (and would've if the ones in the adverts fitted) but wanted something a bit more grip this time once I was ordering myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

This is my 2nd one of these saddles. Got another one this morning for €11. Better than anything I've spent 5 x times more on. Have one on the good bike, this is for my winter bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Bot1

Huge delay on my ProBikeKit order!

Was supposed to arrive by the 21st of September.

It's still only being 'Processed'.

They have sent me an email apologising for the delay but this is ridiculous!

Anyone else have any bad experience with them?

Have used them without issue in the past, but that was pre-brexit. Apart from amazon, I've stuck with within the EU after being stung a couple of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Have a set of di2 hydraulic disc brake shifters coming from probikekit. Seem to be only place I can find with any stock, good price too, cheaper than I paid around 16 months ago. Was half expecting the 'out of stock' email once order went through but got shipping one yesterday. They say on their site that most stuff is shipped from europe and if not they take the additional cost into account at checkout so the price you pay is the price you see. Fingers crossed it works out like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

they also have stuff mis listed on their website

I ordered tyres from them on the 16th and they arrived on Monday so 10 days. Delivered by everybody's favourite courier, Fastway

The main thing you have to be careful with with them in my experience, is that there's a serious disconnect between what you can actually order, where you're ordering from and the price you'll pay (not just VAT differences). A few years ago I was ordering a smart trainer they'd been spamming me about for weeks with a major discount. I was only saved by AIB (don't get to say that too often) rejecting the card transaction - on the last page of checkout when they got my address they upped the price from around €600 to €1100! Never got a satisfactory explanation from them. With the order for the tyres they quite happily let me add a SRAM cassette to the basket (this time knowing they're delivering to the Republic), but wouldn't let me pay for it. The eejits are still spamming me to come and complete the order!

So they're grand for the most part, but caveat emptor - literally

Just ordered a new air compressor. Is it bike related? Might be a stretch, but I'll use it to seat tubeless tyres 🤷‍♂️

Mostly I just wanted to tell people I ordered a new compressor...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Shifters arrived today from probikekit. Shipped from UK through Fed ex and then passed to fastway in Ireland. No duty or vat added so the price I paid on the site was the final price. Less than a week delivery and a good price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Wouldn't be surprised if FedEx try the "we paid your custom charges so refund them and here's a made up charge"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

New shoes and a winter jacket from Ekoi. Current shoes are in bits and been putting it off for 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Free shipping offer from bike components this weekend on orders over 100e

FREESHIP100

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah I’ve had this happen to me, weeks after the stuff arrived fedex send you an invoice saying “hey we paid your customs for you up front, here’s what it cost plus an extra 20 quid for us cause we feel like it”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What one did you get out of interest? I bought one from Lidl a few months ago but sent it back (mainly as the bolts to attach the wheels were missing). I only used it once but it was great to seat tubeless tires. Probably all I'd use it for

Advertisement