Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nunez hasn't even been playing most of the time he's been here. How could he possibly be having a negative effect on the team?

Jimmy Milner on the other hand is doing his best to render us level with Everton (even if it's unintentional)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Joyce confirming that Henderson has been called into England squad after recovering from injury sooner than expected.

Edit- Unless I have been taken in by a fake joyce account.

With Klopps blessing apparently, Hendo would have been available to play if match against Chelsea had gone ahead on Sunday. Hopefully he gets some minutes on the pitch to get up to match fitness when league resumes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11230027/amp/Jordan-Henderson-added-England-squad-despite-missing-Liverpools-three-games.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This Gomes lad must really want to join if he's replying to fan pages about links to him 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So Taki has been voted the French leagues worst signing so far & Origi the Italian leagues worst signing so far,

Add to that the recent struggles of Mane & the curse off leaving Liverpool goes on ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hopefully we'll see this up inside the door at Kirkby then alongside photos of Phil, Gini, Taki and Divock:

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Given our desperation for signings is public knowledge I suspect we're going to be linked with everyone and anyone for the next 4 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seems an especially pointless exercise to run a (particularly mean spiritied) vote like this only a few game-days into the season.

Like, Origi is behind Giroud in the pecking order (no shame there) as a new signing in a new league, so hasn't started a game in Serie A yet. With only 48 minutes of game-time so far, he hasn't even had time to be bad.

And Taki has only played in 4 games, and has 1 goal and 2 assists. That's a goal contribution every 50 minutes.

"French media outlet "awec" is reporting record-breaking amounts to be spent by Liverpool in the January transfer window

- The S*n"

I jest, but only a little. The likes of them and even the Echo would report scrawl on the back of a toilet cubicle if it made them a penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rafa back talking to the press looks like he is putting himself out there for another job.

Two former Liverpool men could get the chop soon enough to free up a job for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

That is so petty (of the publications). Origi is being eased in to the team in a season that HAS ONLY JUST STARTED. And Taki with reasonably decent stats too in a season that's JUST STARTED. I think it says more about the publications that run these polls/articles that it does the players themselves.

Hendo doing his part at England training tapping up Bellingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Sure I remember Origi was in the worst team of the season in France for Lille before he moved to us. Worked out alright.

Biggest name ever to play in The Papa John's Trophy a Brazilian International Copa America winner & La Liga winner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Spearing on the bench 😳

Luka Modric was voted worst signing of the year after his first season at Madrid. Didn’t do to badly after that, just the 5 CLs, world player of the year and a couple of La Ligas.

Arthur subbed off after 62 for Jay Spearing.

0-0 still.

Rochadale win 1 - 0 and missed a penalty as well.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

His job is to find space and utilise it which he excels at. He always seems to be in the right position to accept a pass whilst escaping the attention of opposition markers.

But in fact he actually does not excel at it

People think i bash Elliot i don't i just don't make crazy comment like the above,

Currently there is no part of Elliot's game that he "excels " at ,

His attacking stats so far this season in the Prem are he has 0 assists, 2 big chances created, 6 shots on target,0 big chances missed, 0 times off the wood work,

Only 31 pass per match,

He does very very little in games ,his attacking stats in the Prem are only very slightly better than Milner's this season ,

His defensive work is no existent, .

Right now Elliot has protentional that's it ,

• Advertisement

BVB have reset there price for Bellingham from €110m to €150m and no doubt if he is has stellar World Cup they will up it again since he is locked into a contract till 2025.

What you guys reckon on that price ?

I'd be tempted to go Barrella & Jacob Ramsey instead ,

It's hard to believe Bellingham is still only 19 & will be for the entirety of this season ,

Disgusting.

Uefa pre-prepared Champions League final statement blaming ‘late’ fans

Uefa’s statement apparently blaming Liverpool supporters for causing the delay to the start of the Champions League final in Paris was pre-prepared a considerable time before the day of the match, the Guardian has learned. The statement, put up on the big screen at the Stade de France, announced that a delay to the scheduled 9pm kick-off of the final between Liverpool and Real Madrid had been caused by “late arrival of fans”........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

UEFA are never going to accept any responsibility and we know this from previous games under the UEFA banner all around Europe

Just seen that clip of Nunez in training trending ,

Holy god the lad looks so bad at times,

Joyce is reporting that Arthur has hired his on physiotherapist, a fitness coach and a nutritionist to work with him daily to get him up to speed as quick as he can.

There is a lad who wants to prove himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

**** sake, every player who played with Ian Rush said he was diabolical in training, I read an article recently about Pippo Inzaghi, a new team mate couldn’t believe how useless he was in training, and how he always seemed to be in the right place to score in matches. A training snapshot is not proof of a poor player.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Social media is becoming reflective of life, everything needs to happen instantly or it is deemed a failure. Since when did players get judged on a 20 sec clip from training, it is bonkers. Nunez must be some player if people are seeking out 20 sec clips of training sessions to find fault with a player who has not played a full 90 mins with us yet. I think he will be a big success though we might have to wait till the 2nd half of the season to get a good goals/assists return from him.

It’s pretty sad and pathetic really no one is posting the 16 goals he scored in that training session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In my very limited sports career training was bs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Disgusting is right. Even more so as it's completely unsurprising at this stage

It looks like FSG are close to buying Brazilian Serie A side Atletico Minerio

Yes correct but Ian Rush & Inzaghi done the business on the pitch,

Look nobody is writing off Nunez but you can't lie , At times even on the pitch he looks like he has never kicked a ball

We all WANT & HOPE he explodes but you have to worried with what we have seen to date , fingers crossed he is about to bang them in ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

No doubt playing against us in the Super Duper League one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The age of instant gratification, kids don't watch games anymore its just onto youtube after to see the goals.

Nunez has been at the club for about ten f**king minutes, relatively speaking.

But let's write him off because of a 10 second training clip of an overhit cross, the likes of which we see 5 to 10 times a game from our best crossers Trent and Robbo while none of us bat an eyelid.

Haven't had to put someone on ignore in a long time but it's the only solution now. Twitter is the correct platform for ridiculous takes and repeating them ad nauseum, give it a try.

Nobody on this thread has written him off,

He is like any other player in the league you look at what you seen so far & you make an opinion up to this point, So far at time he looks absolutely awful but he has had a couple of really good moments,

If he start banging them in absolutely fantastic & if he fails what can ye do it happens its no reflection on us as fans ,

Its ok to have an open conversation about him not sure why people get defensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Nunez is the current target for the media to write off because of a big fee, the red card being a factor too. Remember less than 2 months ago it was Haaland they picked on because he barely touched the ball in the community shield and skied a sitter over the bar.

If Nunez scores a few goals they will move onto someone else. Probably someone like Anthony because of the huge fee or one of Chelsea's big money signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just so you're not in the wilderness.

I completely agree with what you are saying

He has looked hopeless so far, like really bad, I'm sure everybody who's watched him can only have the same conclusion.

I'm not sure why you are being circle jerked for voicing your concerns about the player.

We all hope he comes good, nobody has given up hope on him yet, but it doesn't look promising (so far) let's be honest here. Some posters seem to take it personal but I think mainly it's to do with the fact that the opinion is being voiced by you.

I agree with you 100%

Ye my views on Elliot are not flavour of the month so people tend to get upset,

I love Liverpool football club have done for nearly 40 years for my life , Iv been enthralled with soccer since i was a young boy & played at a decent enough level , I'd never claim to know everything or be stupid enough to think my opinion can not be terrible wrong ,

I'm just calling it as i see it currently ,I don't get why we would judge our own players any differently than we would player at any other clubs,

Nunez so far hasn't been good enough but he has time on his side,

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There's no chance we'd buy a 150million player.

I think we made a big mistake not getting him already.

The big problem is come next summer we will need at least 2 new midfielders,

We really should have got 1 this summer even if it wasn't Jude , no chance we get two good midfielders in the one window if one is 150million ,

Ox, Milner,Naby gone, Hendo & Thagio another year older, 2 are needed at least,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Instead of complaining about a 20 second clip lifted from a training session, why not go back and rewatch his matches against us, or his 33 goals last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The wages will be the issue for Bellingham, I said already he'll be demanding nearly 400k a week just like Sancho and Haaland are getting at their new clubs. United and City can blow us out of the water, Klopp will be the main draw here. We could buy 2 really good midfielders for the money been banded about. Don't expect any concessions with Dortmund either they are notoriously tough operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Unfortunately Nunez brought a lot of negative focus on himself with that head butt in the Palace game, it was a stupid move which meant he missed the next 3 matches at a time the team really could have done with him. It hasn't helped that the team hasn't been playing well as a whole and results have been poor. Plus even before the season started Nunez and Haaland were been compared due to their price tags and playing for the two main title rivals of the last few years, with Haaland banging in the goals, Nunez in comparison looks poor.

Like most players he needs time to settle into the team, I wouldn't write him off yet, give him at least 6 months before we can really judge him, it might even be next season before we see the best of him. Hopefully he comes good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

But you basically are writing him off with comments like this

I don't understand the rush to be the first person to write off players that's happening now on social media etc. The player is barely at the club 2 months, and hasn't played enough football to be judged yet. 260 mins played, and that includes the charity shield.

It's probably coming from kids, moonlighting as know it alls. 'I was the first to say he is terrible' etc etc. 'follow my Twitter for more informed football knowledge...' reactionary takes that get passed off as some sort of scouting guru who can judge a players ability instantly.

Jesus Christ like we saw in the summer how cringey it was that fans of other clubs were watching Liverpool pre season games and making compilations of him because he missed a couple chances. He scored 4 goals in the next game. It's pre season for crying out loud. And now people, and Liverpool fans, are jumping on an out of context training clip for Uruguay. And for what it's worth, it looks like an overhit cross but even if it is a shot, it's a bad shot. So fúcking what. It's a training drill. But people are making out now that he is terrible because of it.

The lad has played less than 3 full games for the club. He has scored 2 goals and has 1 assist. He looked very dangerous against us in the CL last season and scored a bucket load of goals.

Give me strength

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I’m not writing him off but Jesus he’s completely useless.

Thats how were doing it yeah? Can I get in on the anti-Nunez let’s not wait and see brigade circle jerk.

some people posting in here just complain about everything or just go against the grain. Never changes.

nunez hasn’t looked great so far but there has been glimpses. In his defence, the team isn’t looking great as a whole so I’m going to cut him some slack.

but Salah and Elliott are the worse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Nunez hasn't looked great, you said it yourself. Nothing wrong with saying that.

Only after realising we were captained by an absolute nothing player for so many years.

How did his Liverpool career survive that one?

• Advertisement

In all due respect to yourself as your a good poster but who cares what he did against us ,

All I'm interested in is what he will do for us,

Do you think Chelsea fans cared what Lakaku & Werner done against them ?

As mad as it sounds he reminds me of Lakaku terrible on the ball but if played to his strengths can score goals.

Its ok to say so far he has failed to deliver, doenslt mean we don't support him & hope he turns it around ,

Advertisement