Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 knickyb

Found it a weird interview not very interested in the examples more focus on my application form, board were great and helpful..emailed Pas results by end of next week so at least we won't have to wait long

• Registered Users Posts: 21 topcat16

Pretty much the opposite for me, at least it's over 😂

Don't be to hard , it's hard to tell sometimes you think you do bad and fly it and vice versa , the whole process is bad I understand they have to be fair and transparent but rocking up to a interview without taking into account people's work is crazy I've seen some people get promoted who you wouldn't trust to tie their own show laces

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

What week are the batch 2 interviews scheduled for?

Post edited by Ber25 on

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Newgirl22

@Em2157 Do you know how many they called from Batch 2?? Best of luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

both

Sorry just reread your question, so to clarify. I sent the presentation by the required date. They had it to hand. At the interview I was asked to upload it via zoom also but I wasn't asked to share my screen.

Post edited by pawrick on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Sorry, only replying now. Interview was ok but I don't think I will have passed all the competencies. They kept asking "and what did you specifically do" which was obviously something I wasn't giving them, or giving them enough of.

I added a point into the report about a cohort of people that I hadn't mentioned into it.

And now...we wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

I didn't do slides, and didn't share my screen. I just talked through my report - possibly not the best thing though. We'll see when the results are out. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭tgdaly

"They kept asking "and what did you specifically do" which was obviously something I wasn't giving them, or giving them enough of."

Had my interview today, and felt exactly this on 2 or 3 occasions. Feel like it could go either way

My board said that at the start they are going to focus more on what you did not the what the team did so it's probably Pas told them to focus on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

I don't I'm sorry! I was in the teens for Dublin if that helps at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

@pawrick I was just doing a practice run as I don’t really use zoom for my work. I made up a sample powerpoint document and sent it on Zoom to a colleague to test it but when they opened it to pretend it was like an interview, I couldn’t see them and they couldn’t see me when viewing the document.

Post edited by Newgirl22 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Just got my results, I passed, absolutely gobsmacked but delighted!

Me too I'm delighted to, done better than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 21 topcat16

Same, honestly worrying I'll get another email saying they've made a mistake though 😂

Thought it was very early in the week for results, when I see the email coming in I was assuming the worst because of the timing. I'm in the top 20 in batch 1.2 for Dublin, should I be expecting to be called fairly soon?

Should be quick enough , I'm hoping to stay were I am and have the ball rolling already

I no how much of a kick in the teeth it is to get the "we regret to inform you" email so commiserations to anyone who didn't get through , keep plugging away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Nedzer12

Does anyone happen to know if there will be another competition next year? Say Departmental (I'm in Justice) or a full competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ak2015

I got my order of merit today from batch 1.2, I placed in the top 5. I'm shocked as last time round I didn't even get to interview stage. For anyone who placed, congrats. For anyone who didn't place, keep your head up and well done for getting to interview stage.

@Em2157 best of luck with the interview. What week is the interviews starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hungerjames

Can I ask what Department offers people got, that were successful?

I was retained, I had an application in through my work to be kept on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colourcatcher123

Thanks. I'm 145 OOM in batch 2, the nerves already. 😁

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Congratulations to all who were successful. I know someone who was placed 14 after interview and got notice today to start clearance.

Can anyone advise what sort of questions to watch out for?

I am planning on creating my report for presentation with no slides. I seen that someone was asked to share their report in the interview, was anyone else asked the same thing?

Apologies for all the questions, just trying to get a feel of what to expect.

Thanking you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Amaru976

Strange one... Based in Sligo but had Dublin down as 2nd location... Now I've placed on the OOM for Dublin, however would only be able to work blended with 1-2 days on site. If I go ahead, I'm out of the running for Sligo and may not get what I'm looking for in Dublin. If I don't go ahead with it, there's a risk that Sligo may never come up...

Anyone have any info? Is Sligo likely to come up at some stage??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 newbe64

Hi all, has anyone who had Meath down as first choice heard anything?

Advertisement