Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

The Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve was $250 when it was released in the USA. It was €400 here...

By the way, the Whisky Exchange now have an arrangement the Irish Revenue, so you pay the tax here. It won't be seized anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The taxes etc have definitely gone up over the years. By how much I'm not sure, but I distinctly remember being able to buy 40% vodka for around €9 from Lidl way back in 2009. Sh!te budget stuff, but point is tax wise it was viable - I'm pretty sure the absolute minimum for 70cl is now €12 unless it's being sold below cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,654 ✭✭✭✭L1011

9 was also below cost I believe, they just can't justify selling that far below cost now due to the increases

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Colin Clarke

This is an old topic but so relevant today. In Ireland the cheapest Irish whiskey is Bushmills at €23 a bottle in both Tesco's and Lidl, yet I can get Famous Grouse and Teachers for €22.10 or a Bells for €22.50 in Tesco's Why? Not complaining cause I do like scotch but I would prefer and Irish but it's getting too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

i got a 700ml of powers gold for 27 in Dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I can buy Jameson cheaper here in NZ that it costs in Ireland...

$52 or 31eur for 1L

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

But is the NZ dole €208 a week for sitting on your hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That's impressive, shoehorning dole bashing into a thread on the cost of whiskey!

Take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

aye as if all the dole folk treat themsleves to Powers Gold Label every week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭interlocked

I was on a Ryanair flight from the UK last week, sitting in the third row, the first two rows weren't full.

The stewardess announced that they has a special deal on spirits, I was a bit tuned out but I heard her say during the spiel that it was €14 for a litre of Jameson or 2 litres for €25. I saw a few heads pop up around me, I though I'll get a bottle for a buddy that was picking me up. I had my card out, the ladies had the cart at the second row, when one of them disappeared down the back, and re-emerged a few minutes later, "Jameson is sold out".

I could hear the sighs behind me......

Advertisement