Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

The Toyman rides on the coat tails of Morning Ireland. I am one of the many listeners who get distracted for what ever reason (In my case my work) and leaves Radio One on.

Until I am pulled out of my work by some feux pas, some fake empty or ghoulish story about death. If I want to come here and criticise the poor value I am getting as a license payer. I am perfectly entitled to.

You on the other hand appear to be some sort of machosit. No real posts abou the quality of the show, it's content of it's contributers. It's generally just a defence of Ryan the bore. Welcoming the new show sponsors or telling us all to just leave Ryan alone.

It's a shame post historys are now hidden. I wonder do you post on any other theeads. You do have a whiff of sockpuppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You are one listener who gets distracted, you are not a spokesperson for the whole country. Over 90% of the available audience (15 to 64 as per JNLR) are not listening to Tubridy. I don't think RTE would miss you if you joined them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Of course I am not. I never said I was. But that slot has ALWAYS benifited from the lead in from Morning Ireland.

Aside from that what's your point. My crisisms might be valid. But who cares, if I stop listening it dosent matter.

You never engage with the content or try and counter peoples crisisms. You just sort of pop up and point at posters and scream "Well if you don't like, don't listen".

Most days I don't listen. Somedays I do, and when I am shocked or disappointed or outraged that I am paying for this sh1te I come here to vent.

A better question might be why are you still here. You don't comment on the show or really engage with anyone. So why don't you just stop reading and posting here if you don't like it. You are not paying for anyones salay here.

Or you could you know engage with people. I don't think Ryan has a great interview style. He has someone on. They talk a bit, I don't know who they are or why they are really on. Except that well Ryan is a ghoul so obviously they have cancer or are dying and he wants them to cry on air.

If you don't think that is a fair assesment that's fair. Why don't you make a case for it.

I think it's just exploitation.

Case in point, he had some on talking about their father dying of breast cancer. I was not aware men got breast cancer. Where you?

Someone might generously make the arguement that Ryan was trying to raise awareness of male breast cancer. I don't know the symptoms of male breast cancer. Do you? Ryan never asked about them or where one would find resources online to learn about it. So what was the point of the interviews if not just a ghoulish exploration of someone's greif.

• Advertisement

There was a lady from ESB Networks on before 8 this morning and between her "I can't discuss tariffs", "that's a supplier issue", talking about initiatives that will come to fruition in 2024 and 2025 and her complete lack of knowledge on almost every question she was asked was just a complete waste of time and effort on everyone's part - unless ESB Networks' objective for it was to make people angry.

The way that weather person said "mist or fog" sounded like "Mr. Fog"

Tubs is going to miss Culture Night because he's "engaged in some pop culture of my own".

Could the organisers of Culture Night include some day time activities for The Toyman as he's working and can't attend? Honestly, they're so inconsiderate.

American politics for a change.

🙄

• Advertisement

Trump accent.

I've said it before an I'll say it again Tubs:

Peculiar.

"Robin...The Hooded Man". The show was actually called "Robin of Sherwood" Tubs. FFS do a bit of research for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

That Broderick's announcement was yesterday's Morning Ireland business story, great to see he's on top of the news cycle 🙄

Him talking over this Clannad track is so Partridge is scary. In one of Alan's memoirs "I, Partridge" there is a passage exactly like this - with Clannad! You couldn't make this up.

Re crooked man , what happened there ? Bit of a backtrack there 😂

Now Tubs is singing Bryan Adams' "Everything I do"

1920s English gentleman accent now. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Silly voice.

And that's 2 days in a row he has mentioned Only Connect. Trying to show us he is intellectually above us, as its the most difficult quiz show by a mile.

Beatles mention.

Silly Boris impersonation.

• Advertisement

Wow, A Lister coming up after the break - Lucy Kennedy. 🙄

Nice of Tubs to play Stevie Wonder's "Part Time Lover" as a tribute to his exes there. If you know, you know.

Ridin is cool though, surely give him credit for tappin anything that moves 😂😂

He was going to make some awkward joke about Robin Hood in later life being riddled with arthritis and being bent over/crooked etc. He stopped at "riddled". Another hilarious off the cuff jolly jape and high jinx at play from the Toyman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Trudy Glenn 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Lucy Kennedy?

See you later folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

This will be insufferable...

One of his best mates on for a love in

😀😂 nova didn’t work out

• Advertisement

Do fairies die, he asks....

Even brings death into a kids book

A beautiful idea, a gorgeous story

"Mummy there's your friend who's really kind to children"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

One of the oldest "jokes" in the book.

"Pulled over for exceeding the speed limit the police officer came over to speak to me. I told the officer that I hadn't realized I was speeding but that the road was clear and visibility was good.

"Well sir, how would you have reacted if Mister Fog had suddenly appeared?" he enquired.

Annoyed at his patronizing manner, I facetiously replied, "I suppose I would've applied Mr. Brake and summoned up Mr. and Mrs. Headlight!"

Smiling, the officer carefully repeated what he had said, "How would you have reacted if mist.... or... fog had suddenly appeared?"

• Advertisement

I've heard it all now... Lucy Kennedy just told him he would make a very good psychotherapist.

Wow. A narcissist is the last person on earth who would make a good psychotherapist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Lucy the future psychotherapy student to RT -

'You'd make a great psychotherapist! (RT hmms and ers) You wear glasses, you look the part, people like you...'

Great spec for the job there!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"What do you do all day?", asks Lucy.

Not the most comfortable of moments for the DLB there.

"if only they knew.... You hate kids".... We'll said Lucy, nail on head and she knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

🤮

He's afraid to do Livin with Lucy. In fairness, imagine the creepy shít she'd find in the DLB's gaff.

"Why are there Muppet dolls dressed in BDSM gear in your room, Ryan? And are you getting Johnson & Johnson freebies or what's the craic with these little piles of talcum powder all over the gaff?"

• Advertisement

• So em…pathetic

On another popular discussion forum, they have a regular "Cnut of the Year" poll. How Tubridy doesn't win it hands down every year is a mystery to me - he's one odious bastard. No doubt he'll have to take the day off when Charlie Bird's dog, Tiger, eventually checks out

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Not an endorsement - just for information purposes 😉

There is one for this year too, I just cannot find the link right now

Watched American Psycho last night for the first time in a few years, spurred on by Tubs’ criticism of it recently. A truly astonishing piece of cinema, but of course it’s far too complicated for The Toyman to understand its themes. I’d also wager he doesn’t like parts of it as it’s all a little too close to home….the vacuousness, the narcissism, the maniacal grinning and dead behind the eyes look of the main protagonist etc.

I wonder does #woke Tubs know the screenplay was adapted from the book by two women, and the movie was directed by a woman? He’s probably say that he still dislikes the movie, but likes that there was female involvement. 🙄

• As long as the females got an uptick on their @rses

Off again

Tubs off again???

Tubs off on another break-een, Oliver Callan in today (at least).

• Advertisement
Advertisement