Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Price ranges are also just a mess right now, 84 Sevilla GK Bounou with a min list of 12k

More fun details...

So the new preferred/alternate position system seems pretty arbitrary. Federico Valverde is a CM who has no Alternate Positions despite irl being extremely versatile at RB and on the RW.

He gets a TOTW1 card as a RW.....who has no Alternate Positions and can't play CM.

Okay most bizarre one I've found so far....he's literally a RW

Making a lot of discoveries messing around with the app and none of them good, using the Squad Builder still autofills CAMs in CM, LWs in LM etc.....even if the CAM or LW it inserts dont have CM or LM in their Alt Positions and cant actually be played there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

It really is woeful so far.

Doesn't bode well for what's ahead when the actual game comes out next week.

I was really excited for the start of a new FIFA as always, but this start couldn't have gone much worse if they'd tried to.

Such a dampener.

• Advertisement

With SBCs being almost entirely untradeable and price ranges being far too high for any card to sell right now there's really nothing to do for the next few days until Early Access.

Also we're on year 4 in a row of the same copy/paste Level 1-30 Season Rewards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll take Brobey cause.....possible United P&P, lol.

But it's incredible they're all basically unusable, and the game hasn't even launched yet....

I don't know how many simple errors I've found today just playing around with the app in work, like what on earth at these price ranges

Speaking United PnP, so far neither version of Roy Keane has every played play CDM apparently

• Advertisement

Marquee Matchups is just a mind **** cause of this new chemistry system.

If you put a CDM into a CM spot, he counts for 0 chemistry, and doesn't provide any chemistry to any other player either. Its making it ridiculously expensive cause you've either got to get players who fit the criteria to an absolute tee (and can't just shove, say, a CB into RB....or even a RB into RWB), or buy loads of position change cards.

I have Neuer looking at me from a preview pack and don't have the coins to get him 😥

Guasci sitting on my trade pile, but his minimum price range is 16k, and ain't no one paying that for him....

For those curious, 5-3-2 formation SBCs are bugged, inc the MM one. The middle slot gives zero chem, even if it says it gives some. You can't submit unless you hit the chem requirements without the middle slot.

Yeah this is a mess, players should still at least give chem to others even if they're out of position. I still think they should get chem if they're one position away (CAM at CM, LW at LM, etc).

I really just don't think those Position Modifier cards should exist at all, if a player cam play LM, LW, CAM, and CF then his card should just autochange to whichever of those positions he's placed in.

Is anyone having any success at all with trading?

The best I can do is about 100 coins profit on a player I've found, but for every 30 I list only 5 might sell a cycle. It hardly seems worth it and needing to do so much volume with only 30 transfer spots is too much of a slog really.

There's also no way to search for players based on Alt Positions in the game, so now way for you to know a player's Alt Positions without individually checking. Futbin has the capability at least but god love anyone trying to play FUT without futbin these days.

On night one, I grabbed a few Eriksens cause he was at 800-900 coins. He jumped up to 3000. But I've not rebought.

I'm also pissing about with the Bronze Pack Method, cause the messed up SBCs has actually made it easier to flip them pretty quick. Not making big profits at all, but I'm getting enough "free" cards to do the starting SBCs and cycle the bronzes through some upgrades.

I'll see about ramping up stuff once the preorder points drop, but between the changes to the transfer pile, and the fact I finished last year with 2m in the bank and never felt the need to spend, I'm not sure if I'll go as hard on trading this year as others. Fill my pile up with rare golds, go for 1.5k profit a card and let it tick, to fund any minor things I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've one Prem player that's trading ok. Buying for 2100-2500 and selling BIN for 3900. But like you said it is very slow, maybe 2 per cycle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think I'm actually done with this game!!

I've spent far too much time on this in the last 3 years and it's broken me lol. Nothing I've seen so far has caught my interest to purchase the game from the start and reading the issues with the new chemistry it's just getting worse. I don't have the same excitement I once had for it.

I finished last season with the best team I've ever had and 6.5 million coins sitting in the bank doing nothing, I've never needed to spend any of them and my teams are fully first owner. This will be my first year of all the fifa's not to buy, I may pick it up when it's free on EA Play later in the year but for now adios!!

I've now packed Neuer, Gulasci, Trapp and Hradecky.

I think the game wants me to field a team of high rated Bundesliga goalkeepers :P

• Advertisement

Definitely prioritise MMs if you can do them, only real tradeable packs in the game so far, I'm up to 25k just from doing them and I didn't pack anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,085 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Did you list up most of what you packed from it?

Also starting to realise that EA have deliberately left out Alternative Positions on some players so that they can release them as extras on promo cards instead, eg Messi can't play CAM/CF/ST despite playing there about half the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Upto 50k now doing the BPM. Pain in the bollocks only being able to list 30 though.

I've not tried this yet, but if you list 30 items, wait for them to expire, list a new 30 items, and then hit re-list all....voila, you now have 60 items listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Must give that a bash next time round, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Avon8

Spent too much time on that nonsense for the last day. Have bought Haaland and Coman as investments and will pick it up again Tues. It'll be a joke if they make Haaland fodder again given his profile so expect he'll be very good and popular with prem teams. Coman mainly because Nkunku is so popular and will be hardish to link/new stupid chem

Would guess the best investment of all would be to load up on shadows for 1500 and wait until they're all 5k? Might be one for Tuesday

Did Marquee Matchups for about 8k in total.

Ended up packing Tomori from the Portugal vs Spain section!

He's only 40k on the Web App at the moment but I'd suspect he'll hit around 80k upon release once people start getting coins.

• Advertisement

Always nice when someone accidentally buys your bronze card worth 150 coins for 4,900 buy it now, when doing BPM 😅

Advertisement