Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

One of my sisters rang me last week but immediately got cut off. Within 30 seconds, my phone rang again and all that showed was the number '0353'. First instinct was not to answer, but I did anyway. It was my sister ringing from her work phone. I mentioned the number and she knew nothing about it. I thought it was quite strange but she wasn't bothered at all... 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Logging on to find 8 new compulsory training items in your inbox. As if that wasn’t bad enough the modules now have the unnecessary word “awareness” added to each title. “Display Screen Equipment Awareness”, “Fire Safety Awareness” etc.

And do I need to take it personally that the evergreen “Modern Slavery Awareness” module was assigned to me twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That I cannot remember why I came to this page... Short term memory loss is ******** And if anyone opines "Well it can;t have been anything important....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've a thing this evening, and woke up with an effing stye on (in?) my eye 😡

Oh I know too well. I can remember things that happened 20 years ago but what I went to the shop for ???

• Advertisement

Tty

I find myself outside with NO IDEA why I went out. The old" Well it cannot have been anything important" does not comfort,.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

We had a family medical emergency and I had to cancel my trip, all but one place refunded all or part of my money, the last place is withholding as I cancelled 8 days out and they can keep the money as their T&C's say if I don't cancel by the 11th day ahead of arriving(its not like they wouldn't have been able to fill that room 10 times over bc of their location). * bc I have a self destructive streak I checked today 23/9 and they are booked up(meaning that have indeed filled the room I paid for)

Tbf they commuted the cancellation fee, which makes it MORE annoying.

Was given a choice of days for a zoom consultation, I chose the best day, sent the money and got a link, I didn't see(as I'm dyscalculic) that the date on the link was wrong and so missed the meeting(they also are refusing to refund the payment as "I should have let them know")

Last week I followed up a discount I was promised on some online shopping, today I get another email telling me that as I didn't provide the non existent code(only mention of the discounts was on the cover and pages of the items ) so I will be charged full price. The magazine I saw it has gone MIA (not one bit surprised at this as things cant be left where they are for even a minute in this house)

I cant articulate the ta in this whole sh*tshow. Just Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm not sure what annoys me more; blatant, heart string pulling manipulators or the seemingly intelligent people who fall for their vomit inducing guff. I'm also annoyed that I'm annoyed by any of it as it doesn't involve me in anyway, yet somehow I find my blood boiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wet trousers, wet shoes, wet socks and wet feet.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I know I'm always giving out about 2pm meetings, but today's TA is 1pm ones 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Grrrr that you can stop at certain points on a page on this website and between the vertical and horizontal advertising it’s taking up basically what seems a third of the screen or close to it.

that my Dad has woken up in somewhat of a busy bee drama llama mode and is trying to rope people… friends and family in at very short notice to a charity thing that will require a significant time investment before the actual night in question that I won’t be going to anyway…it’s the first event since the pandemic and he’s all committed, motivated and excited by the proposition of having it and being part of it again…his initial ‘no’ has become an ‘ ohh well, ok ‘.

it is in fairness a monumental effort in terms of his time, for others too, planning, personal organization , calling in favours, negotiating etc and all the months of general organization , despite them being aware that he is in his ‘80’s they offer sod all help aside from the odd phone call to ‘ check up ‘… He and others as a thanks to investing significant time in helping to raise tens of thousands of euros for the charity used to get a nice hamper in the new year as a gesture of appreciation, which was subsequently downgraded to an M&S voucher when the new CE-nO took over… so not as if his effort is appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Between adds and posters with massive signatures (especially if they are the type of poster to post multiple times in short period of time), it makes the thread headwrecking, especially on a phone screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Absolutely shameless and despicable behaviour, people like that are best ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Client: " Oh I'm not that picky"

*Proceeds to be the most picky person imaginable. Rejects your many suggestions, acts like you are almost insulting them with each suggestion.

Client: "Oh I'll just find something myself then"

*Doesn't find anything because is way too picky / doesn't actually really know what they want

Client: "Well, thanks for your help anyway"

*Said in a patronising manner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Have a toothache 😖

It is actually making my eye hurt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Amateur acoustic guitar and/or harmonica/squeezebox live music in pubs masquerading as trad.. Consider my piss boiled..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just wait until wonderwall kicks off 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Seeing someone half your age pulling in twice your salary 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

But no!. It's faux trad, not a Gallagher or gaelgoir to be seen 🤣

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was going to go to my local cinema to see Nope this week, but they stopped showing it about a week ago.

They are still showing that Minions nonsense.

Cat who cries at the door to be let in... You let him in....two minutes later when you have just sat down again? He cries to be let out again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Dangerous driving. I am on the road a lot these last few months and can't quite believe the considerable increase in dangerous driving. I can even see the roads littered with brake marks every 5oo meters. The number of accidents has also gone away up. Seems to be a lot of angry people about too!!!

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You see lots of people on their phones but, also, scrolling through them while driving. I don’t care too much about that happening at lights but when driving on a busy road, or at high speeds, it should be up there with drunk driving in terms of punishments.

TA drivers indicating to turn on a roundabout but not turning off.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And on related note drivers flying around supermarket car parks the same as if they were on the man road

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Asked by a colleague to have a chat with her friend(a healthcare professional) who has a child just diagnosed as dyslexic. Heaving read the report I had a chat with the parents.

As a late diagnosed dyslexic I have heard a lot of stuff but these have to be some of the worst takes on it, "I know everyone's brain is different but I didn't know there were different types of dyslexia! Will x "grow out of it"? where did x catch it from?

I realise its a shock for patents to hear such a diagnosis but as ppl who work with brains some of these questions are self answering really.

Ta, pm'ed a local business and told them that I didn't do online so I needed to know their call centre/office opening hours to book an item, they respond by giving me all of their online info and advising me to buy early!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

That trying to read a thread on boards is sometimes still, after all this time, like wrestling a mid seizure gorilla while rolling down a hill.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The amount of times I'm crossing a road in a car park when a car will come around the corner about 50 yards away, and see me and think 'Man crossing the road..........FOOT DOWN!!'

• Advertisement

Certain poor me do Gooders on boards. And yet condeming other posters,bliss!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement