Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog rolling in ****

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

This is a pet section, so haven't got a clue what your girlfriend or royal family have to do with what op asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Keep your dog on a lead, simple enough when you think about it, you seem to be very upset about your dog doing what comes naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

O yes, a very poor life because you sah so. Pretty silly comment to make when you don't know what I dogs I have, their ages or disabilities.

If you can't control your dog, they should be on a lead.

As you say, natural thing for dogs to do it. But you also say, your dog stops when you call her away from the shite.

If your dog doesn't listen or do what they are told, the lead is the only option until training is introduced.

Or just rant away on boards and get pisssy with replies. All the best lads. You and the op seem to know it all. Pointless thread obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

Not allowed to say that in this thread. Every dog should be off the lead so their life isn't "poor".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

What goes around, comes around.

Edit ...

I take a relative's dog for a walk everyday. Sick of picking up dog ****. And dog **** all over the place. And bags of dog **** all over the place. On buggies, shoes, in houses, wheelchairs, ..

Also, sitting here trying to do work while all the neighbours doggies barking and howling the whole **** time around..

Rant over

There's only one rant on this thread as far as I can see. All the best to you and your dog, or doggies whatever ages they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I used to use tshirt / coat on Lucy as she was constantly finding something to roll in and making me late in the mornings lol! With the tshirt if she rolled it was just a case of taking it off and washing it. I also used to use Simple shampoo as it’s fragrance free so she’d be less likely to want to roll again and cover up the smell. With practice you’ll spot the split second where they’re deciding to roll and be able to interrupt / redirect.. but you need to be like a ninja with your reactions lol 😆

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note: Quite a bit of off-topic posts that are of little use to the op... also the requirement in this forum that people post with respect for one another seems to be lost in some posts.

So. Consider this a reminder to cop yourselves on and be nice, or don't post. Thank you to those who are genuinely trying to help the op.

DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My dogs, a JRT/Bassett cross and a collie, never rolled in ... The little one ate cat poo if she got the chance...

You all do so well. And dogs need to run free.. I "made a memory" one day of watching wee dog race along the lane here, ears flying, then stop at the entrance to the track leading to the shore, asking permission to run down ahead of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

Can also attest to terriers being the worst for it. He has done it on and off the lead. He's so fast, he's often covered in sh1t before I can even say stop.

He also hates being washed. We were on a really good streak of him not rolling in anything and I thought he was finally getting the link between rolling in stuff and getting a wash. However, last weekend he disappeared for no more than 30 seconds in the woods and when I called him back he was destroyed.

Maybe we should have got cats 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

OP you can train your dog not to do it or at least to stop immediately when you see him/her about to launch a dirty divebomb. Not by roaring. Bring some treats or a toy, distract the brain from the unwanted behaviour and encourage it to do what you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ShamanRing

Have you tried nuking the foxes?

It takes a second- repeat 1 second- for a dog to lie down and start rubbing their body on poo - you get zero warning mostly- and that’s, on a lead.

The same with sheep poo eating- if in the countryside our dog could have a moundful of sheep poo in his mouth before you know what’s happening- again on a lead.

Not even second, our new one just dipped down and up first time. Zero chance to prevent it. Annoying it is, but that's life. I'm really happy to live in the countryside and give free roam to my dogs. Even if they come back in a....state😁. Shower sorts it.

Advertisement