Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Home Show - 21st – 23rd October 2022 - RDS - Free Tickets

• 23-09-2022 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Register here for your FREE Admission Ticket for Two people on a day of your choice (Value: €30) to the permanent tsb Ideal Home Show, 21-23 October, RDS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not criticizing the poster by any means - thanks for posting it btw, I'm sure it might be useful for some.

But as someone who went last year I'd say buyer beware on this. It's full of tat (like vegetable shoppers and what seemed like 1,000 different mops) and very little of interest or in some cases home-related. Also the tickets may be free but parking was €10. It certainly wasn't worth the cost of parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Hideki99235

Agree with Butters. Did a lap of the one a few months ago and left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Go on the Sunday and park out on the street as it's free parking on Sundays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

So FREE tickets to go to a glorified Sunday market for homes where everyone is trying to sell you stuff and if you are hungry, the second rate food outlets charge a fortune for a damp sandwich.

The fact that they charge some people should be in the rip off section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

It's only free tickets on Friday, Saturday or Sunday it's 2 for 1 pricing. As others have said it's not like what it was years ago. Only businesses who pay a fortune are allowed attend meaning many if the better or Dublin companies are not there.

If you have a specific interest like insulation it's better to ring around and get advice and a few quotes as those in attendance may be from outside Dublin and apply a premium quote for work due to cost of attending the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Havent been in a few years but remember its like being inside a JML advertisement, there is all sorts of cheap Chinese crap on sale for extortionate prices. It is good for a wander every few years but I wouldnt be paying in to it. The organisers must do well to charge the exhibitors bg money and then charge the public to come and see them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Sorry to hear all that. I used love it back around 10 years ago . Second only to the Off-the-rails RDS show!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

When we were buying a place a few years back we got these free tickets, was worth a visit.

Now would I pay....no way, you'd wonder why anyone would but they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

The internet has consigned this to the dustbin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If anyone wants free tickets try ENERGIA as a promo code, just got an email saying they are offering all their customers free tickets. It doesnt say anything about Sat/Sunday restricitions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement