Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

It's actually €35 if you leave it until tomorrow to book!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You say the first part and then say Fury will present more obstacles,

Its not a mandatory ,AJ has no belts, Fury made AJ a more the fair offer , he had absolutely no need to make him any, & now is online screaming at him to sign it, but you expect Fury to present obstacles,

AJ & Hearn have already said the contract is fine & would accept it , AJ yes AJ just literally needs to know how to use a pen & the fight is on ,

You hate the man & pick against him every time,

I just said I had a feeling..that’s all

no need to bring in this “hate” talk, yet again….

nobody hates anybody. FFS…

And no, I don’t pick against him every time!!! Of the 6/7 times I’ve picked, it’s probably 5-2 against. Vs AJ, if it happens it will be 5-3.

as regards the offer made by Fury to AJ, you don’t know what it is in detail to say it’s fair. Nor do I. Team AJ are the ones who it affects, so they’ll decide if it’s fair to them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

eddie hearn said they are happy with the deal, he said they requested a few minor changes but these were shut down by the warrens

the ball is now in the hands of 258 and solicitors, it will be a shame if it doesnt happen but i cant see it and think shane fury was right when he said tyson will likely have a knock over for 15m before the usyk fight

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

I wonder what these “minor” changes are..

Parker is 255 - 18s 2 

Joyce is 271 - 19st 3 

Both their heaviest to date 

He said the rematch clause is the main thing they wanted to change,

The spit would be 50 -50 they wanted it to be 60 -40 to AJ if AJ won ,

Hmm. In my view this strengthens Joyce’s chances… just slightly..

or maybe not.. difficult to say..

255 seems too much for Parker.

although he was 250 for Chisora II and seemed sharp.

By all accounts and listing to Warren & Hearn the issue will come from DAZN , they are saying it without saying ,

Both keep saying what CEO would not give it the go ahead, if there in boxing sometimes you need to do what's best for boxing, other things like this, Its obvious that's the issue but Hearn doesn't want to upset his pay master & warren wants the fight so doesn't want them to take the hump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Both multi, multi, multi millionaires.

Fcuk sake just get on with it

It’s laughable. Years now of them not fighting and they’re arguing over fight II (a rematch). Nobody gives a fook about your rematch.

weigh in is on now hearn was just talking to ifltv and said they need to change the format of the contract because it is all over the place and as it stands the fighters Intellectual Property rights are not protected, eddie said hes not convinced and thinks charr will be the december opponent

Sounds like it’s gone. Nobody can know for sure, but this came out of the blue. One minute Fury’s retired, then not, then retired.

Usyk and AJ fight, and Fury’s back on mouthing off and slagging both men, and then he’s out of retirement again calling out Usyk, and then calling out AJ

sounds like a nonsense attention seeking call out and a half assed nonsense contract sent to try make it sound real and legit.

and now some absolute nobody is being touted as Fury’s December opponent. Reeks of a contrived set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Jesus I didn’t expect that I thought they would both come in lighter! Fight going the distance looks less certain now

Same Eddie who said yesterday the contract was fine & just needs to be signed,

He said there is nothing wrong with the contract just with the format , pushed on it he said there is nothing unreasonable in it, He is saying that AJ may breach his imagine deals if he signs it,

It sound like Hearn & AJ are swerving Fury ,

As Warren had said let them know the issue & they can fix it ,

in the end of the day AJ misses out here more than Fury,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

AJ has probably come to his senses, can't blame him for backing out, its not like he needs the money!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yes, nothing would surprise me.

My angle/view was more coming from Fury’s chopping and changing all the time.

And his this all came about from him and his side. He’s a spoofer. Very difficult to trust a spoofer.

Anyway, probably little left to hang to here.

Surely you got the whole retirement thing,

It first came up the day Whyte didn't show up to the press conference , Tyson was left on his tod so plucked retirement out of his head this is my last fight so you better buy tickets to come see me ,That it that's all that was. He was incredible clever actually .

Then after they Whyte fight he said right that's it I'm done, In hoping AJ would win & everyone in England & boxing would plead with him to come back for the one of big clash, because he is retired he would need to be paid MORE cash,

It's a money ploy all along that all sure he never gave up the WBC belt ,

• Advertisement

A money ploy from the lad who says money means nothing. A very very wealthy man already:

You’re explaining exactly why he’s a spoofer, and why you couldn’t believe a word out his mouth.

Money means nothing, pay me loads money, giving all that money to charity (yeh right he did).

He contradicts himself so much. So I think it’s only logical to be very skeptical when out the blue he’s slagging off opponents, retiring/un-retiring, claiming he doesn’t care about money, then wanting loads money; calling both out, sending contracts for mega fights, and then being now linked to Manuel (who the fcuk is that guy) Charr.

The whole Fury/AJ Dec 3 fight stinks of bull.

I’m not saying Fury’s a prick for the oscillating, just that it’s very difficult to know what’s real and what’s not with him and what he’s saying.

It’s all pr to sell his tv show/drink/clothing and raise his profile in the global media

Whatever it is it’s waffle and spoof. No idea why waffle and spoof needed for his global media. And pretty much most boxing fans couldn’t give a fiddlers about boxers’ media interests. They want to see fights!

anyway, no big surprise here on this failed fight, if it does turn out to be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I figured there was a reason that Charr was calling out fury when I posted about it being 'bizarre' a few days ago. Looks like it was all orchestrated.

Charr is pure muck having got blasted out by cruiserweight Breidis a few years ago although he may be on a roll after his big win over Chris Lovejoy last year 😀

It has to be a pure set up… when you look at before, during and after. Reads to me that Fury had no genuine intention of fighting AJ, and Fury knew it would be a non-runner.

Charr will get some bogey WBC rating now to try justify this sham fight. The chap was knocked clean out years ago by a cruiserweight, and then by Povetkin ..

Some here will, of course Jump in to defend Fury no matter what. I’d rather call a spade a spade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm not sure even Fury can sell out Millennium stadium vs Charr.

Charr makes Whyte look like a prime Mike Tyson..

Boxing fans will slate this, and rightly so. No matter if a Fury fan, or Fury nuthugger; it’s a sham fight.

But, if we get Usyk-Fury when Usyk is ready, I’ll let it pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Doesn’t the charr fury thing not predate this, I certainly remember some back and forth before the Joshua fight was mooted.

let’s hope Joshua signs the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Would you pay £25 to watch Fury train or spar? Cos that’s what the Charr fight would be. Total waste of time

• Advertisement

Seems he won’t be signing. One could say let’s hope Fury negotiates and compromises and both then sign.

Sending a contract with take it or leave it should never be on the table. There always should be give and take and negotiations.

That’s why this whole affair smells of a rat. Everything about it seems like the end was send a contract with some stuff in it that they will want changed, and absolutely we won’t allow. Then we go to Charr, who was lined up anyway..

Team Fury are the ones who called out AJ, created it. And now Charr seems to be just ready to go? Smella rat!

Advertisement