Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Covid loves complacency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

Don’t think it’s up to RTE to investigate the origin of the virus. Definitely not from the lab in Wuhan anyway. We are 100% certain about that, despite what the tin foil hatters say. Most likely from the market nearby the lab, but definitely not the lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Tested positive on Tuesday after over two years of escaping it miraculously. Wednesday and yesterday just felt like a really bad cold or light flu, sweating, sore bones/muscles etc.. but not as bad as i had thought it might be. Just have sore throat and cough today but muscles are now okay and up and about. Have to stop myself from walking the dog as i hate sitting around doing nothing. Boss say's he expects me back in work Monday no matter if i test negative or positive again Sunday 🤣

On a side note i find it really weird how careful China is still being with the whole thing given the rest of the world has moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

How can you consider anyone to be a tin foil hatter if you can't definitively say where it originated from? Are you waiting for the media to tell you what to think?

Two and a half years on and we still don't know.

Ehhh... There was 2 really hot days in July and a slight fire in Killiney as a result. Clearly climate change.

Absolutely nothing to do with cancelled appointments, cancelled screenings, weaker immune systems or the crippling costs of living.

• Advertisement

I was being funny, or trying to be. There was a period of time when anyone who mentioned the lab was mocked and insulted. Now we have moved on without much concern that the virus origin is unknown to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Hold on to your hats people, here we go again. Cases are climbing again especially in the UK. Hospitalisations are also rising here again . So cue the restrictions and the mandate crowd including the certain few from Boards. RTE i’m sure are sharpening their pencils as we speak.

As always, the two fingers 😆

At least we won’t have to worry about a meaningful Christmas now that will be cancelled with the energy crises.

If there are restrictions it will just be the masking I’d say although the usuals will call for a much more. Also, most people are done with the vaccines and their effectiveness may be waned by now so there could genuinely be a serious issue in the hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Add an ageing society that between February and March this year all of a sudden got very old and frail, and you have your explanation. It is all due to natural causes of course and thus a deep and thorough investigation by the experts is not required.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭billyhead

Probably because they know something we don't i.e a new more powerful strain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

For someone that posts here almost every day, you're not getting over it all that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Why? Because I’m critical and like calling out the usual bollocks and did you not get the sarcasm in my post ? I’ts the covid forum. I’m guessing that you’d like less criticism about the doom the media and social media platforms love to hype up feeding the already anxious people who are afraid to go outside? A fully vaccinated neighbour in her 70’s was afraid to go to her doctors appointment yesterday after watching prime time on RTE. Thankfully her family talked her into going because she is some discomfort. Are you ok about that or do you think that she should have stayed at home?

My own parents are now getting out and about again after 2 years that i am glad to see. I just hope the that with the upcoming increase in cases the media doesn’t set them back.

People like you need to understand restrictions are over and are not coming back. We have to live with it now whether some like it or not. The pandemic is over in that sense. I hilariously was reading a post on twitter of some guy who claimed he was privileged to walk through Heathrow wearing a mask like he was some sort of hero in a cape lol. I have nothing against masks but the obsession is a bit much.

The WHO are a funny bunch. I don’t think they know what they are talking about half the time or they are confused. One hand they are saying that spread should be “ reigned in” and then they are saying “ go live your life” in the same sentence.

Post edited by Micky 32 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

You haven't moved on one little bit. What do you do with your time but post here? Bitching about anyone who might still have concerns. Well for you hiding behind your keyboard. I mentioned nothing about wanting restrictions but since you have the time, you might as well throw that in.

Give over. You have been crying over your little keyboard about life going back to normal for sometime now. Do you think your “concern” justifies someone avoiding a doctor for other potentially serious issues? I’m willing to bet Primetime went out to find the most seriously affected person by Long covid to make their show. You ok with that?

What do you do with your time seeing you are on the forum yourself. A bit hypocritical.

Yes i have moved on. My life outside this forum is completely normal now however i will call out bullshit wherever i see fit. It’s the very reason i’m calling it out because i have moved on.

Post edited by Micky 32 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I heard on the radio during the week that the 50-60 year olds are in no rush to get the 2nd booster. They said just over 10% take up. Is it that people have moved on or they are waiting until closer to winter to get a jab.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Moved on as along with the first booster the vast majority of them have also had covid. Unless they got a very bad dose the fear factor is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just in my experience with people's my mother age 55+. They all took it seriously, did everything the government said, got the vaccine and then the booster and were worried about it.

Majority of them contacted Covid and then they went back to normal pre February 2020 and moved on.

They'd probably get another booster closer to Christmas but aren't overly pushed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭prosaic

Many have had covid during the summer wave. They have to wait 4 months before getting booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Not shocking. We’ve known for a month+ a new booster is coming out. People are waiting on that. Also add in those that got hit with Covid in the last 4 months too.

realistically I could get an old vaccine now and then get the new booster in a few months or just get the new booster. Unless you’re on deaths door, I’m sure most are saying only the one (if they’re getting it).

I’m surprised it’s 10% to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

They are currently giving out the same vaccine as last year.

pfizer and I think moderna have an approved one now that deals with delta ba1. The bivalent one. Our incompetent HSE has been sitting on their lazy arses again and are only to begin rollout of it from next month. They’re still giving the old variety as a booster now. Who knows what they’ve ordered as well (would not shock me to only see a limited supply and trying to use up the current stockpiles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Post edited by Multipass on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Ceepo

What was the EXTRA protection from the BA4/5 bivalent vaccine over and above the original vaccine/booster seen/recorded the the clinical trails.

If it wasn't significant then maybe it is more prudent to use up the existing stock first.

• Omicron-adapted monovalent candidate given as a fourth booster dose elicited a 13.5 and 19.6-fold increase in neutralizing geometric titers against Omicron BA.1 at 30 µg and 60 µg dose levels; bivalent vaccine candidate exhibited a 9.1 and 10.9-fold increase against Omicron

there was a clinical trial with 500 I believe for Pfizer and 600 for moderna comparing the 4th dose. That trial is at publishing stage now (for us to see), but FDA/EMA have all information

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Isn't this the BA1 varient? And to the best of my knowledge its not the one that will be offered here.

Again the question was. What was the EXTRA protection from the BA4/5 bivalent vaccine over and above the original vaccine/booster seen/recorded in the clinical trails.?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Are we at the start of another wave? I know loads of people infected at the moment.

I imagine with the schools back it is raging again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Advertisement