Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment and Mental Health

Options
  • 30-11-2021 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,

ive been hoping to join the Garda Recruitment for 2022.

On paper I would be an excellent candidate but I’m worried about when it comes to the medical.

since 2016 I’ve been taking medication and depression and anxiety. Things have been pretty good recently but I’m afraid that there’s a chance I’ll not be able to get in because of this. I know I could get a letter from my doctor confirming I’m fit for the position.

if anyone has any experience in this or could help me id really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Hey how are you getting on? Did you go through with your application?

Personally I'd be wary of joining the gardai if you have mental health issues. It's a tough job and it's very much survival of the fittest, there isn't much support for gardai who might have mental health issues. I was in a similar situation and found it tough. Having said that I wouldn't think it would hinder your prospect of getting in too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Louise97

Hey! Waiting on an interview date now. So fingers crossed.

thankfully I’ve been keeping great so I think it shouldn’t affect me too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 watch your six

Are u on meds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bumper53

Hi just wondering have u got any further with the process?

• Advertisement
Advertisement