Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cotton only here.. Born of Lancashire cotton mill workers..

Everything at a halt here as I await new residents.. He has not emailed so that is looking good... Dependent on tides etc.

My three have no idea what is about to happen... Ignorance is bliss.

Listening for any traffic. So little here...

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I used to be a crazy cat lady (I still am, but I used to be as well!), I had over 30 cats when I was living in the wilds of North Wales over 15 years ago.

Tiny stone cottage + living cat blanket on cold winter nights = bliss

😻

lol... My current cats are just not "cuddle cats" and I miss the snuggling down on cold nights. MAYBE the new ones...

I once moved from the tip of Cornwall to Orkney in a Mini with 12 cats and three kittens. Drove to London then the overnight train to Inverness.. Dratted car died in the middle of London and had to be pushed onto the train and the cats spent the night ( all well crated of course) in the Guard's van ...

thomil, Hope you had a good night...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Office...getting some peace .....up early this morning and the women in the house started giving out to me for raising my voice yesterday so I did what any decent man would do...i legged it 😁😁😁

Anyway, got into work and had to use the loo ......went into ssid loo and did the business, went to the loo paper and it was bloody empty 🤬🤬🤬....so had to pull the kacks up, waddled like a penguin out into a corridor and find another loo to complete the business FFS 🙄🙄🙄

Moral of the story......dont raise your voice to women.....they have powers....dark powers 😁😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Kinda like us with a water bed, when I drunkenly fell into my side and the missus got bounced out onto the floor, the bed was evicted the next day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone 😀

Still alive here. Had a horrible night but still managed to grab a few hours of sleep. Plus, the compression socks came off today, which was a major relief 😮‍💨

So much for my starring role in the remake of Robin Hood - Men in Tights 🙃

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Send help today

Roll on 3 🙌

I got the date wrong.. re the new cats.. NEXT Friday.. as in 30th... checked and it was quite clear on the emails..

Maddening... See what being too eager does...

And I realise I am nearly out of viable knitting yarn.. How did that happen... There was a box full.... a few days ago....

Ah well,,, old saying, worse things happen at sea... Oh but! AT SEA

• Advertisement

((HUGS)) may the time fly and bring unexpected pleasures..

So, the soft diet I was talking about yesterday? Turns out that was an administrative screw-up and I’ve been eating tasteless porridge and puréed chicken for no real reason at all…

Feels real good to actually be able to eat something that requires a knife and fork 🍴🍗

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

😃 😀 😄 😁

Oh Thomil, you poor thing. How the hell did they manage that? My poor Dad has to be on a semi soft diet, so not quite puréed but meat has to be minced and everything else soft and mashed up. In hospital he just looks at the plate and shouts "What da fuk is that supposed to be? Am I meant to ate it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Found this amazing device that reduces my screen time, helps me focus, reduces a lot of anxiety and want from my life ...

It's called a watch.

And no, not a smart watch !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

@gifted you need to build yourself a man cave to escape to for your own safety!

@thomil it's cruel but I'm laughing at the cock up, at least you'll get some proper food now.

It's Friday, raise be the flying spaghetti monster and all the brewers of alcohol.

If you’d known my cooking experiments from when I first moved out of my parents place, you’d know 😂😂

Seriously though, the chicken that I had for lunch for the first three days was at least palatable, dinner was okay, even the HSE can’t screw up scrambled eggs as much as I’ve previously managed, and for breakfast, I just went for Weetabix, which I’d sometimes have at work anyway. So apart from the wallpaper porridge on the first day, it was at least bearable.

@Leg End Reject Laugh away, I’m chuckling myself, especially at the face my doctor made when I innocently asked her this morning 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finished work.

Started at 7:30. So, got a load done before the noise and interruptions started.

Spend the PM asking someone to tell me the steps of a process they refuse to write down. 🤔

Seems to be a common practice. Assume everyone has a hive mind and nobody ever leaves the company..

I've seen better organisation in junior infants.

And I've Monday off. So I hope to chill out AND get some **** admin work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm zorsted lads, proper wrecked. But dinner out tomorrow and a day of motor racing sunday

• Advertisement

I hope you have a better night, Thomil. Sleep well...

How I feel right now:

The darker evenings are starting to bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's people not wanting to share their knowledge for fear of them not being indispensible or you doing a better job.

We had the same in our place or if you did manage to get them to do up notes they left out key pieces of information.

Used to drive me insane!

A lot of people treasure their little bit of perceived power, it's fascinating to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It bit one of them in the ass when they applied for vol. Redundancy. As they had never shared their info no one could take the work 😂🤣🤣🤣 I've never seen notes being typed so fast 😂😂... They are still there though and pretty miserable.... c'est la vie.

Bed rest lifted, solid food again, a friend is coming over tomorrow and the wound is healing well. Things are good over here.

Thanks Graces 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@Thomil , glad things are brighter and better for you today 😊

Making rice crispie buns here ..

Glad you're feeling better @thomil.

Now wherers, it's Friday evening, let the smut begin!

• Advertisement

Advertisement