Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is that the word I used for Wordle yesterday (and have used regularly enough for a while) is today's answer but I didn't start with it tonight, so I'm still without getting it in 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Getting an email from the 'national 'lottery . "News about your ticket ". And knowing the winner is in the uk, and no camelot I didn't win 3.70 I lost 16.30 and not 20 !!!

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The stopper on my hot water bottle wasn't on properly. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OH NO! Now THAT is more than annoying! Been there too many times.. ((HUGS)))

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Random leg cramps in the middle of the night. Nearly gave my boyfriend a heart attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I used to get them too, they can be absolutely excruciating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I get them so bad at times, so much that my wife was ringing for an ambulance the first few times she witnessed my agony!

TA the sunshine is deceptive, having to add an extra layer when heading out 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’ve gotten that in the calves before. Was told it was, more than likely, caused by dehydration.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Well it may have happened after an evening on the sauce in the RDS...

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

"Package will be delivered by end of working day"

No it won't, what's worse is, it was Friday so that means it won't arrive till Monday. So now I have to spend the day explaining to multiple clients that they will have to wait till monday, they will get mad at me even though it's totally out of my control. The delivery was supposed to arrive on Thursday! It was already a day late on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The icons on packaging which are supposed to guide ppl on how to dispose of it,

particularly the ones that have both the recycle circles AND the person at the bin icons.

Ffs do I put it in the bin or recycle i????

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Just saw someone driving while wearing massive Sennheiser-esque noise cancelling headphones. WT actual F, dude???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I almost hate parking next to another car in the car park, the amount of pricks that open the door and bang it against my car, and no they have enough space to open the door without it touching against mine. Thankfully/sadly the car needs work and once it gets it I'll be avoiding parking anywhere near other cars in the future

Idiot families taking up the whole pathway & don't bother their hole moving to let you pass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Never walk onto the road to pass them. Say "excuse me" and stay on the path.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was Googling to see if The Martian was on tv. Seemingly people have asked Google ‘is it’ based on a true story’ etc. Some people scare me by how dumb they are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Dog barking all **** evening. What's it's **** barking at. Why don't the owners tell it to shut the **** up. If it's not that dog then it's some other **** dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I bought a slice of coffee cake Today. (Well I thought it was coffee cake when buying it.)

It was very heavy but I tried it. It tasted more like a spice cake with nuts and big swirls of coffeish butter cream on top.

I decided to put it in the bin near my work.

A while later crows rooted it out of the bin and started eating up the street.

I was hoping the café owner/workers didn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

was in Tesco's earlier on this eve; some shneaky fecker musta 'hid' The Sun on purpose,, eventually found a couple of 'em under The Mirror (one of two for that particular paper😏) stack,, too tight them bastids to pay €1.50 for to sort out their weekly tv viewing 😒

at least i'm wide to their tactics now da choontz 😂

• Advertisement

People who ring my work mobile & ask “ Are you working today?”

If I wasn’t, the phone would go to voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That I can only find one sock and my feet are cold

Plugged my phone into the charger last night but forgot to plug the charger in 🙄

That's also acceptable. But getting off the path isn't - don't put yourself in danger unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA today - Boards asking me every time I logon if I want cookies and every time I say no - stop fecking asking me the same question

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bought screen protectors on Amazon and they are crap.

Curved edges on my phone and the protector is lifting already after just putting one on yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Also when someone is standing in your way in front of the paper you want, reading one.

One day there was a guy reading the last copy of the paper I wanted.

I asked him "are you buying that?"

He looked at me like I had two heads

He answered "no".

I said "I'll take it so". 🙊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

On a similar note, I was in a supermarket one day last week, and needed to get milk. There was someone standing with the door of the fridge open while they gazed into it as though it held the secret to the meaning of life. And with their trolley blocking access to any of the other fridge doors. I waited briefly then moved their trolley and reached for the milk. They kinda woke up then and said sorry and moved on.

I hate the way some people act in shops as though there is nobody else there. Three times I had to avoid three different people barging with trolleys. In one case, a man swung the trolley full around in the opposite direction in an aisle, with absolutely no thought for who or what he might hit, in the process.

I dread to think what way they drive cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People with no problems telling me to pray to Jesus for mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My reactions would be entirely dependent on context.. family of adults and young teenagers then I'll say excuse me and stay on the path.. parents with buggies and/or young children with more energy than sense, I'll do my best to make way where possible.

Some people think they should never move for whatever and whoever. I'll not understand that self importance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement