Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Not really, I'm lucky enough to have a 2021 Performance withe the Uberturbines and my summer range is 400-440km with mixed driving, winter 370-420km, I previously had a 2019 Performance stealth with 18" rims and range was similar maybe 450km max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I wasn’t being serious about the range, enjoy beautiful machine

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Me thinks you ned to manage those expectations ...in the real world

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Well it's collection day for me. Only 2 weeks ago I was still waiting on an Ioniq5 Premium plus (9 months and counting) when I popped into Tesla in Sandyford for a 3 and Y test drive. It only took another 2 days for me to decide to take the plunge and go for one of the inventory M3 RWDs. The stress has been real since then due to lots of hassle with getting AIB finance in place and difficulty getting any straight answers from Tesla. In fairness Natalie really pushed since this Wednesday and finance finally approved yesterday. Collection was already set for today as I'm away with work all of next week. I really thought it wasn't going to happen. They did say that the car would have to be reallocated to inventory if I didn't collect when scheduled.

My new LM registration has been generated and waiting to get it taxed although I'm not sure it will appear available on motortax.ie before I pick up.

I've been reading about people's experiences with insurance on the M3 and found in my case it was a €0 cost to swap from a 2017 Skoda fabia to this! So €320 per year is what we currently pay. My wife is the main insurance with me named so that probably make a difference. Roll on 12:30!!!

• Advertisement

It will take a few days to appear on motor tax site. Worry about it on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Core6

Best of luck with your M3.

You got a great result with your insurance.

I was told that mine was to increase by over €200 from my previous car (which cost over €400) and that was just for 6 months until the policy expired. I switched to another company and it was €470 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Was able to tax and insure my MY LR within 24 hours of receiving the reg. No change to insurance too, coming from a 201 BMW 530e, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

It was on motortax.ie soon after I posted all taxed before collection. It's some car. Think I might sleep in it tonight 😜

Excellent news.

Motor tax surprises you, sometimes fkr the better 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Few demo models in inventory now (3 & Y)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

My wiper washers don’t seem to be working properly. When I hit the washer button when driving the drivers side bottom quarter of the windscreen doesn’t get wet when driving. It does get a light spray if the car is stationary. Is this normal or has it happened to any of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

They look terrible. Get comfortable with it, and maybe get it repaired after a year or so. Every trade in I saw on collection day including mine had curb rash.

The water comes out of the actual wiper arm. There are no jets so you don’t get the traditional windscreen spray like other cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I know that but it doesn't seem to be coming out correctly since it doesn't wet a large part of the window.

Just on the battery discussion that is going on. I had 11% when I plugged in last night and it added 54kw according to the app. Going by what people are saying this will reduce and more will be added to the buffer?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 McShe

Collected yesterday. All good except for the navigation system. It was a bad start when it pronounced Naas Road as Naws Road. It then attempted to give both English and Irish versions of each road (sometimes the Irish first, sometimes the English), neither with a guarantee of being recognisable due to the pronunciation. Tried it today on a short local trip and it twice confidently told me to turn right where there is no right turn allowed (and hasn't been for at least a decade). So on that experience, it is unusable at least round Dublin where there are so many turn restrictions.

Anyone else come across this as an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Also on the battery. I charged from 8% to 100% overnight and the battery took 55kWh according to App

Stay Free

I've found it to be quite accurate so far with one exception near my house where it wants me to drive by the right turn after a roundabout and do a u-turn about 300m down the road to come back and take the left into my estate. Most of my driving has been northside motorway though with a small bit around Malahide, Howth and Drumcondra.

Stay Free

Be very wary when you cross the river! The places I got the dodgy instructions were the 5 point junction on the Harold's Cross Road and in Rathgar village. I'll give it a few more goes before giving up and resorting to my phone.

I wonder if there is a handy report function. It is google maps being used after all, so we should be able to report these issues and have them updated.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

I must have a look and see. I'd normally use Google maps - and it definitely knows about both the junctions the Tesla system got it wrong on.

Google maps is the base layer but the actual directions and routing is provided by a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Core6

I agree with the issue about the way that the Irish & English names of roads are spoken on the Tesla navigation system.

There are two problems that I encountered yesterday (the first time I tried it):-

1) the pronunciation of the names in English isn't very clear

2) the use of the Irish version of the names is laughable -- the pronunciation is terrible and nobody, not even the most committed gaelgoer, uses (or even knows) the Irish version of the minor road names. I think they are phonetically saying the Irish words which doesn't work.

In terms of directions, it did tell me to leave the M50 at the 'wrong' junction -- or at least it wasn't the junction I would normally exit on. I ignored and carried on to the 'correct' junction.

Next time I'm out I'll follow its route to see where it brings me -- maybe it is better??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Few simple tips for new owners.

1 - mute the nav

2- change the display from "kms" to %

3-use the trip planner for any journeys you're unsure if the car can make.

Enjoy the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Does anybody else's steering wheel make a loud squeaking noise when changing driver profile (basically moving in an out)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

No, I use easy entry and would have noticed it by now. Log a fault with Tesla.

Easy entry is heaven. I LOVE IT. Moreso for exiting the car.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

En route to Tesla delivery hub. So excited. Had to post!

Will get there an hour early. Wonder if they'll let me pick up the car earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Enjoy it

• Advertisement

They will once your car is out in the collection lot and they are not bombarded with people ahead of you.

Advertisement