Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

@run_Forrest_run

And Russia is at the apex of that new alliance, along with China

China's at the apex of that alliance. Russia's not got the economic muscle to be an equal partner. It's not even that strong of an alliance because China is very much not a vocal supporter of Russia's military effort in Ukraine. They'll take the cheap oil, though, if it's going.

Really most attempts was just before Russia attacked Kiyv though,so they could replace him with a russian puppet.

So much for a peace treaty,Einstein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭XsApollo

It would be a lot more common than people realise,

you won’t see in the likes of Chechnya or Dagestan or whatever other republics, Moscow or St Petersburg , but all those villages , towns in the east of the country , that would be pretty common.

and I presume that’s where most of the cannon fodder and animals will come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

My goodness - it would be like the Irish army rounding up a few fellas outside a methadone clinic in Dublin and sending them off to war. 😧

Are these guys really supposed to be "military reservists"? That one seems impossible to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

They're fond of the vodka alright, must be cheap and readily available. Next time you hear someone lecturing us that Irish people are the heaviest drinkers of Europe etc., think of all these East European countries and the like of Russians lashing it down. Someone wrote recently that average life of Russian males is about 67, no wonder! And the average life expectancy of Russian men about to fall even further when these lads hit the front.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

At least these lads have some fight in them. Not content to go meekly to the slaughter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

I remember reading a Nat Geo article about Russian men who would be flown out to Siberia to fight forest fires. One of them was smoking filtered cigarettes and cited health consciousness as the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

That's very silly - Zelensky neither invaded Russia nor threatened the world with the use of nuclear weapons.

Again, very silly, something I would expect from a feeble minded, impressionable adolescent to be honest.

Additionally, Zelensky isn't sending Russians to war.

So, so, very silly - are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

Translation: you know you're probably consuming western propaganda (and regurgitating it), but you don't really care because it's from "your side" so who cares? I'm different, I don't really have any skin in the game. I'm just interested in whatever the truth happens to be.

As far as I'm concerned, this war is not really any different to most other wars. And I'm not under any illusions that either side are perfectly good or diabolically evil. People who buy into that sort of rhetoric, really don't have 2 brain cells to rub together as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really give a toss if my opinions are unpopular, as I've never expressed opinions in order to be well liked. You can put me in whatever "cuinne dana"or box you wish, couldn't give a monkey's tbh. It actually puzzles me why so many people seem to be so terrified of holding an unpopular opinion... this is what drives so much groupthink - fear of not fitting in by agreeing to the consensus opinion on something. Is being well liked on an internet forum really that important to people? lol

There was a disclaimer on the original post. It was posted only for humor.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He Said , putin said .

But neither ever produced these agreements ,it was raised with the state department but as far as I can see there was no high level meeting or an actual aggrement,no signed international treaties,

You would think one of the biggest international story at the time that there would cross signed agreements by both governments or in this case 28 other nato members governments.

It's like the common Heard story here when it comes to housing been built sure your man from the council promised me not a blade of grass would be touched and no housing would be built on a particular plot ,

Who in the council agreed to this your man in the council promised me ,

No its being on the right side of the truth and conflict that matters

If you want to join Russia,Putin is looking for fresh recruits,dont hesitate to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

So are you saying that Russians would not be getting fed propaganda about how evil Zelensky is, and how it would solve their problems if someone took him out?

I've only seen small snippets of Russian media coverage since this war broke out, but even I seen quite a nasty tone directed towards Zelensky. He's not their favourite guy right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

That argument had a lot more merit at the beginning of all this.

My basic tenet remains uni-polar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Me. Earlier.

"There are a couple of similar "independent" westerners reporting on the Russian side with similar narratives and handlers in tow. You'll be linking to shills like the Duran next. Or one of those autistic yanks in Thailand shilling for Mother Russia."

And you come back with...

I'd forgotten about him, but you went all out. If anyone wants an example of a Russian narrative popping shill, he's your boyo. He stages scenes, including using bodies from morgues, is embedded with Russian troops, gets access like no other western journalist, has a Z painted on his van and is reknowned for shouting "like and subscribe" while in the middle of horrific scenes unfolding and is a darling of the Russian propaganda press and conspiracy right wing nutters in the US like Alex Jones. A "good American" who hates American Hegemony and is married to a Russian. Well jaysus you didn't disappoint anyway. 🤣

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Not going to fly very far with engine 1 on fire ,and not extinguished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Just to reiterate, as some new arrivals here seem to be going off piste

1. Russia invaded a sovereign nation, Ukraine.

2. Citizens of sovereign nation decided to fight back, with a greatly heightened moral, purpose and motivated by the fact that if they didn't, they would lose everything.

3. Sovereign nation asked for assistance from other nations, who in turn, began to assist. Why? Because Russia invaded a Sovereign Nation.

It basically boils down to that.

No amount of "Whataboutery" from any section of commentators ( from idealistic and naive student types to self-styled political activists.) changes that narrative.

Carry on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The singular difference between our western "baying horde" and yours is we get to hear different and opposing tunes in the baying.

Kazakhstan is indeed on the up and distancing herself from Mother Russia as she does so. Kazakhstan is also quite a bit more removed culturally and geographically from Russia compared to Ukraine and less seen as "theirs" so far less of a propaganda threat. It's also nowhere near the standards of living to be found in the EU, not yet at least.

If the EU is such a nothing to Mother Russia why is her propaganda machine been long been at pains to go on about how much of a failure it is and how it's on the brink of falling? A sure way to guage the fear of any propaganda machine is by how much effort it puts into trying to dismiss it, or attack it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I suspect at this stage they don't want to make him a martyr. Pain in their arse that he is it's better and easier to paint him as a cocaine snorting corrupt billionaire puppet of the West/NATO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

it’s not a new thing in Russia - id actually go so far as to say the army are probably supplying it or at the very least not banning them drinking it. Its much easier to load a group of cut lads onto a plane or bus than a group of lads capable of critical thought.

Can you imagine the consequences if he was assinated tomorrow,

The Ukrainan army and people would fight to Moscow to get revenge along with half of Europe

After WW2, nazi scientists were rounded up and sent to the ussr. Reason being the soviets didn't want the germans in general knowing the projects they were working on, and wanted them to be true soviet projects. Before deporting them, they got them all good and drunk to be more easily managed. Not much has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭saabsaab

If Putin uses tactical nukes (in Kerson or Donbas etc) he will by his own defination be nuking Russian territory! Mad..

• Advertisement

More russian soldiers voting on occupied territory of Ukraine,we want to bring peace😂😂🤣🤣🤣

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement