Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Technician required for an oil burner service

• 24-09-2022 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭

I have a Firebird Riello RDB series burner and desperatley need it serviced. Any recommendations on who to call?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Serviced or repaired?

Anyway let us know roughly where you are.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Board Gais. They service oil boilers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭test account 123

Ok, "desperately" threw me. People aren't usually desperate to get a service. Hopefully someone that works that area will PM you. If not call around to your nearest plumbing supplies. They usually have a list of names. You could also try oftec.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭sully123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

How old is the boiler? I rang a few plumbers to service a two year old boiler and one said there was no need to service them but said he’d call anyway, that was a month back. He can stay away now as I sorted the problem and it’s working fine.

2 year old boiler means a condensing boiler. They will not tolerate lack of annual service. Any neglect will drastically shorten the lives of most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭test account 123

Boiler went in about 10years ago or more. Its not a condenser

Advertisement