Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 6 Public Hearings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Does it look like that cop was fearing for his life? Outside there were protesters who came to the aid of cops but you won't see that footage presented by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“One officer lost the tip of his right index finger. Others were smashed in the head with baseball bats, flag poles and pipes. Another lost consciousness after rioters used a metal barrier to push her into stairs as they tried to reach the cap steps during the assault on Jan. 6.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I've actually seen that yes. A group of vets surrounded a cop to protect him. So what? People are complex. I'm sure there were non violent people there. I also saw people try squash a cop between revolving doors and beat them over the head. We know one lad had ties.

What is your point here? Do you accept those inside were fearful? Do you accept members of the secret service called their families? Do you accept the building was forcefully entered?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

**** off mate. My cousin was giving a concussion when a peaceful protester smashed his head with metal pole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Ahwell

That 32 second clip is supposed to prove something? If only Jacob Chansley's defence attorney had known, because surely any judge when faced with such compelling evidence would be forced to overturn their 41 month sentencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And the one sentenced to 7 years for bringing firearms, you know, the stuff the likes of BS claimed they didn't do:

Oh, and his son helped tip them off. Having seen some of the son's interviews, he'd be well rid of Mum and Dad. His sisters aren't quite as batsh*t as the rest of that clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What is even more incredulous about the Secret Service deleting their text messages from Jan 6th is they literally have resources to get those text messages back. If there were a terror plot on the US and national security was on the line you can rest assured they would be able to retrieve any deleted text message between the plotters quick smart. And it wouldnt matter what end to end encryption service was used, they would still be able to crack it. So for them to say they cannot retrieve their own messages is just a pack of lies. There is a huge cover up going on inside the Secret Service as to what they were discussing that day and its known that many of them were Trump supporters.

Only 15 months prior to Jan 6th a far right militia group were involved in a plot to murder the State Govenor Gretchen Whitmer and in that instance the 14 plotters were using either Whatsapp or Telegram to discuss their plans to kidnap her

Starting at that point, the FBI began compiling photographs, video footage, telephone calls, and encrypted messages made by the suspects and storing them as evidence on a USB flash drive. The content, said to consist of "hundreds of hours of undercover audio recordings and more than 13,000 pages of encrypted text messages", was released by the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan on October 16

Yet we are seriously supposed to believe that the Secret Service cannot retrieve their own text messages from Jan 6th, its the greatest load of tosh Ive ever heard.

Anyway the 2 years of Alex Jones texts could be explosive provided he wasnt using other burner phones. If he wasnt and everything on one phone then Id expect the text messages to get underneath the hood of the alt right media grifter eco system. All the other players like Roger Stone, Rudy Guillaini, Steve Bannon and Sean Hannity will show up in them communicating with Alex Jones. If the Jan 6th committee have got that then they've got a treasure trove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

You made the claim. I merely asked for further information.

What a disappointing reply

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It’s common knowledge if you have been following along.

haven’t you watched the hearings?

We were told hearings would resume in September. It was actually Septeeeeeemmmmberrr

Mark your calendars.

A lot has been going on quietly: chief of staff mark meadows complied with his subpoena and afaik didn’t invoke the fifth; Ginni Thomas has reached an agreement to testify as well. The committee has also been going through new evidence and interviews including USSS texts and Alex Jones phone data.

• Advertisement

The USSS texts could be potentially explosive if there were agents there on Jan 6th who were going out of their way to stop Pence certifying the election. Was it ever revealed if the committee got all of them though, you would wonder. Id say they were deleting like hell on the 7th to cover up whatever went on in there.

The Alex Jones texts will also be interesting as they are likely to show the entire network of Trump grifters communicating in an effort to overthrow the election results. Could get spicy if Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity show up in his texts. No doubt Roger Stone will and there might be mention of the Oath Keepers and their plans for the 6th

Mark Meadows testimony could have a few zingers in it but has he fallen out with Trump publically? He might throw them a few tidbits but not sure if he is going to hang Trump out to dry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

The FBI has now admitted to defense attorneys that it was running some number of agents within the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers.

They had to admit that because they were asking the judge for protection for these assets, including keeping their names from release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

So could this be another round of manufactured plots like in the case of that governor ? Interesting to find out how many.

Yep it would be instructive to know how many Federal agents were involved in this 'fascist coup' and did they have a role in the planning and logistics, and what was that role.

The Guardian newspaper outed one Proud Boys leader as an FBI asset back in January 2021. Apparently he worked on at least a dozen cases as an undercover agent.

The founder of Proud Boys Gavin McInnes originally wanted to be a theatre actor and staged his own fake arrest two weeks ago. As you do.

Typing out URL because link not working:

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/the-gavin-mcinnes-arrest-was-a-hoax-is-he-in-the-south-of-france/

The Washington Post outed a paramilitary leader of the Oath Keepers who posed as a fake rioter on Jan 6 back in February 2021, Thomas Edward Caldwell.

Apparently he was a Navy intelligence officer (ONI) and FBI section chief 2009-2010, with top level security clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Seems very odd that the FBI and alike had the heads of these organisations in the pocket and not people close like normal. It would be like having the head of the mob yet let the organisation continue to commit crimes. Normally orders are top down not the other way around. We already know of one manufactured plot. Something is looking very dodgy.

What manufactured plot are you talking about? And, is it relevant to the Jan 6 discussion? Not sure that the fact the FBI has 'embedded' sources is surprising, it's an old practice going back forever. Mafia dons have been informants in the past. And, Mafia dons are differently motivated than psychopathic goons like Proudies.

You really trying to push the conspiracy that McInnes is an fbi plant? You're aware they've historically had undercover agents in all extremist groups? It's a logical way to monitor them.

I have no way of knowing if he is. Perhaps I shouldn't mention things which are only speculation so fair enough.

As I've just shown with links, the FBI have assets at the top of these organisations and multiple agents within them.

To the point where, as with MI5 in NI, they should perhaps be asked some hard questions about their involvement in planning and carrying out operations in the name of infiltrating them.

There's an old joke that if 11 KKK members meet five are FBI agents, five are local law enforcement and one is real.

Sure the FBI will have to answer to the courts about the degree of their involvement was it observation or was it entrapment etc. but they answer these questions any time they work undercover which is pretty standard these days.

Imagine if most people thought a plainclothes officer in a crowd meant that the whole protest/riot was a police plot. That’s the level of cognition we see from the right already concerning Ray Epps.

• Advertisement

I'm glad to see the FBI take these organizations seriously and infiltrate them. It's pretty obvious the members aren't the sharpest pencils in the wallet, much like the KKK, and infiltrating them, getting them to provide evidence of their wrongdoings, is ordinary police work. Police forces throughout the US infiltrate gangs all the time.

Once the trials happen, the actions of the police around the infiltration are something the defense is interested in and a target for the defense to win their case. I don't think the FBI are 'carrying out' the operations. I do think they're right there observing and gathering data though.

And they historically have, if they do something wrong, cases have and do collapse. The fact you're leaping to the conclusion that McInnes is FBI reminds me of the conspiracy theorists who frequently claim Alex Jones as a plant for government disinformation. They've got no real proof to back it up but it's just an effort to distance from some extreme voices.

Mike,

The fact that a 'fascist coup attempt ' went ahead with the foreknowledge of the FBI and the participation of several FBI agents ought to raise lots of questions and calls for scrutiny. Did they decide to 'manage' this coup attempt from the inside instead of outright preventing it?

MI5 and MI6 running wild in Northern Ireland (see Village Magazine's exposes) demonstrate the potential for abuse here.

I've said I was only engaged in speculation re McInnes. Though it's a fact that he is an actor and a hoaxer which raises my suspicions personally. There's zero proof so happy to drop the subject like I said.

However we know that the FBI have infiltrated Proud Boys and Oathkeepers to the point where both national leaders (like Tarrio) and multiple ordinary members are FBI agents.

Therefore it's not outlandish to wonder if ANYONE connected to these groups at any level is a Fed. Since some definitely are and they can go right to the top.

Alex Jones is a double-talker therefore not to be trusted even by other conspiracy theorists imo regardless of what can be proved. Jones recently revealed that multiple members of his family are involved in military intelligence - if that's a coincidence, grand stuff. In any case I don't trust Pro-Russian broadcasters full stop, it's dubious territory.

Btw there's no iron law that says you have to trust or believe someone is who they say they are until you can prove beyond a doubt they're not on the level.

Openness and taking everyone at face value is a personal choice you consciously make.

I never think that I owe anyone the benefit of the doubt, particularly strangers who I only 'know' from media-curated presentations.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tarrio was not an FBI agent. He was a former informant and co-operator between 2012-2014. He was arrested a few days before Jan 6th for another crime and part of his bail was that he wasn't allowed to enter Washington DC, in part to try and prevent him, as a Proud Boys leader, from going to the Capitol on Jan 6th in the hopes it would reduce the chances of the Proud Boys causing trouble. The news of him being a former FBI informant was made public for the same reason; to cause issues between the Proud Boys to try and prevent them going to the Capitol (eg. make it known some of their higher-ups have worked with the FBI and deter some members going to the Capitol in case they were then snitched on).

He was not an FBI agent, and the FBI's actions were to try and prevent trouble at the Capitol, not cause it.

You're right Tarrio was a FBI informant, Caldwell was an agent.

Other Proud Boys/Oathkeepers were assets we know since 3 days ago.

I see you don't really want any scrutiny of the FBI's actions since you assert they are blameless. But in fact it does show this 'fascist coup attempt' in a new light that it took place with the foreknowledge of the FBI.

The news of Tarrio being an informant was broken by an English newspaper amidst lame denials after Jan 6th.

Presumably the FBI could have arrested several far-right conspirators on conspiracy charges but chose not to.

That is interesting in itself.

Does plotting to overthrow the US government meet the bar for a conspiracy charge?

But hey nothing to see here, right?

Are you a lawyer? "Presumably?" Do you understand how conspiracy charges work? Because, "Presumably" is your conjecture as to the way the legal process works. And, prior to Jan 6, they were blithely claiming to be planning on attending a rally organized by allies of TFG.

Prior to that, did they say, "bring cable ties, here's Pelosi's office on the map, here's where Pence'll be, build a scaffold there, ...?" Certainly the second article you posted doesn't indicate any of that - the guy in question was ex-military and ex-FBI. A lot of people in the US are that way.

What is interesting in itself is the fact you're looking for a conspiracy, which is interesting to you. Despite what you might want to believe, the US is not RuSSia, for now it's law enforcement agencies play by the rules and can't round people up just on a whim.

But, hey, if you've got provable evidence that the FBI in fact had enough to make an arrest and didn't, feel free to share.

Youd think though if they had informers on the inside why didnt the FBI arrest all members intending to travel to DC before they even got there, that was their opportunity to help prevent Jan 6th. Surely by Jan 5th the Oath Keepers had already committed crimes like conspiracy to overthrow the government. Why actually allow them to go ahead and try it? It seems a poor use of infiltrating a group if they dont use it to prevent the actual crimes they are planning. Would they let armed bank robbers go ahead and rob the bank and put lives in danger, I would doubt it

• Advertisement

No I'm not a lawyer.

You're jumping to conclusions about me. How do you know that "I'm looking for a conspiracy"?

I said I'm looking for scrutiny of the FBI's actions. I want to understand what happened. They had multiple informants and agents in PB/OK, including one (Caldwell) who pretended to be a rioter on Jan 6th.

Now it's back to me - I need "provable evidence" that the FBI definitely did something wrong or I should just shut up is it?

What's got your back up?

FBI involvement, including at leadership level of Oath Keepers, is a major revelation. It should be discussed.

Advertisement