Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Itxa

Hanrahan’s clutch kicking issues still haunting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Some amount of errors again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Haley has been abysmal today.

There's so little accuracy in attack from Munster. It's understandable when you're trying to bed in new systems. But the set piece issues and lack of physicality up front is a far bigger issue.

Think Munster will still win but there's a ton of work ons.

That's terrible from Munster. They had their final attack in the Dragons 22 to win the game and blew it. Simple handling errors have been a huge issue. That's not something that can be excused by the new attacking system taking time to implement.

Zebo has lost so much agility. Was stood up by the Dragons wing and beaten for pace easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Shehal

Is it possible for Munster to defend just one attack without conceding a cheap penalty? You know...take notes from how Dragons defend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Losing to the Dragons lol

Only Munster would be capable of doing that

Awful start to the new regime

• Administrators Posts: 53,765 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did you see the absolute state of Zebo there? Roasted on the outside and looked like a proper pudding chasing that down.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭joedamuss

No control once Healy went off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Very poor performance. Back to back losses against 2 of the weakest teams in the league. After Zebre it's Connacht, Bulls, Leinster, Ulster. If we play like that against them it will be long season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Basics again just not right.

Zebo is a fat mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭TRC10

Vs Cardiff last week, there were some positives in defeat.

There was nothing positive this week. Shambles of a performance from start to finish. Attack was utterly inept. Defence an embarrassment. Handling was dreadful. Discipline. Lineout. Awful.

I didn't think it could get worse than it was under JVG but clearly I was wrong. Rowntree needs to deliver answers or he wont be there next season.

Losing to the Dragons is rock bottom

He's finished at the top level and has been for a few years. Didn't look after himself well enough and wasted his natural athleticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Unacceptable level of performance. In many other Clubs lads would be dropped, but the depth simply isn't there to replace them effectively.

Zebo should be back playing with Con, only Con wouldn't have him.

I wouldn't write off Rowntree yet as it's clear that Munster are trying to bed in new systems. That will take some time before they're fully functioning.

But Munsters bigger issue is still their lack of power athletes. They just haven't got the pack to consistently get over the gainline and stretch defences. It's been the issue for years now. And with the enforced absence of Chris Farrell it's going to be an even bigger issue. He could give them go forward at times.

That was hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Worth remembering Leinster only beat dragons by one point in their last match (last season in Wales) and Connacht lost to them in the sportsground

Yeah, who am I fooling... At this rate it'll be challenge cup next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Today wasn't the faul of new systems, it was players making astupid mistakes... not defending the ball not being quick enough.... and again, errors errors errors...

Fair dues to the Dragons' backs for having the stamina to run all the way around Zebo - it's quite a distance to run! He badly needs to join Weightwatchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭StevenToast

But zebo has the "X factor"......

X = gut

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Madeoface

How Archer is allowed in the dressing room of a professional rugby team has been beyond me for about 3 years now. He can flop over for the odd try from a maul but he's usually flopped on the wrong side of rucks too and gives too many penalties.

Wasted my afternoon watching that slop but haven't been able to get to watch a game since nz.

POMs wedding must have been a week long affair. Munster could be 2 from 6 in a short while...assuming they get better.

Jj still got the yips but did his basics well. Good pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Cool Fool

Might as well be playing Zebo as a prop at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭mun1

Didnt take long for the usual suspects to pile in with the personal/derogatory insults against Simon zebo .

why not leave it at “he was very poor in defence today “ “ he looks like he’s lost a yard (or two ) of pace” “he could do with dropping a few pounds “?

POM looked podgy/unfit and poor in defence,

Archer is a penalty machine

Fekitoa looks like a poor centre for his first 2 matches.

etc etc

see ? Not that hard to get your point across without resorting to childish insults .

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

This response above is embarrassing to be honest. Zebo is meant to be a pro athlete and is more interested in being the class clown on social media. See nothing wrong with fans venting their frustrations. How can a professional winger be so obviously over weight for his position?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Why?

He is a professional athlete at the start of the season, literally weeks after a long pre season. He should be in proper shape now. He isn't.

• Administrators Posts: 53,765 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Zebo’s conditioning is a disgrace for a professional back three player. There are no excuses for it, these lads get their meals sorted for them, they spend days in the gym, they are looked after properly

Ultimately it’s going to cost him in the end, it’s harder on the body trying to shift that much weight about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭fire_man

Just saw a clip on the news.How can a professional rugby player not be fit for last number of years.No wonder we haven't won a trophy in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Well he has been indulged for years and years. I have no idea how a coach like Schmidt selected him given his conditioning. His top level career is winding down anyway, I doubt he'll ever play for Ireland again and not sure he's even first choice for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

I think Munster were a bit unlucky with the fixtures, having to go to Wales twice wasn’t ideal. Work to do obviously, but wouldn’t be writing off the season just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,941 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Maybe it goes some way to explaining why Schmidt didn't really pick him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭hawley

I honestly don't know how Wiggy even selected him today. He offers absolutely nothing, just seems to be putting down time before he retires.

Advertisement