Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

You have inspired me to ask Alexa to put on some Christmas songs as have the whole downstairs to myself this morning (OH working in the attic).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Am feeling very Christmasy this morning after those posts in the Christmas Eve Traditions thread. Had a great 30 mins blasting out some Christmas songs, so will park it now till the bug bites me again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I had lined up a podcast this am to listen to, "Christmas Past", but I bottled it! Now I feel better that there are other lunatics like me.

Get it in your ears, you know you want to 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

^^I took your advice and listened to the Christmas past podcast 'Christmas eve, Christmas memories 2021' after dropping the little one to school.

I find I need to be in a certain mood to listen to the Christmas Past podcast, the presenters voice is so monotone I find it difficult to stay focused like I do for other podcasts.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Have never really got into the podcasts. Always meant to get them a go and have just never got round to it. Must make more of an effort this build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Still no word on this year's Charity Partner, but at least all is well in the land of Christmas FM, just got this e-mail update from them 😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That must be why they’re so quiet they had to move studios again. Last years studio was a temporary measure as the original hotel was sold.

• Advertisement

Saw that email earlier and git a wee jolt of excitement!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Me too. It was great to get it. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

that popped up in my inbox too today - made me smile 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I got an email too!

Think we all thought it was the news we are waiting for when we first saw it.

I'm just happy they've confirmed all is good & we can expect further updates soon...

Hoping they come back online with presenters on Nov.1st as per the last 2 years, whilst I didn't listen in regularly it was nice the odd time towards the end of the month & the actual FM launch to listen in. Having presenters makes such a difference.

I wonder will there any new big names presenting this year? Other than a few possible additions, I suspect that most of the presenters will have been with Christmas FM already, including quite a few who have been with the station for years.

IMO the way it has worked previously is perfect so hopefully they don't change it much, if at all.

Was great having presenters on decorations day, the kids/Mrs usually insists the decorations go up the day of the LLTS which is usually on before the FM broadcast goes live so having presenters online for that made it nice to have as a suitable background accompaniment.

Exactly. While is obviously mainly about the music, the presenter interaction adds to the experience, especially when they don't over do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also decorations day for me too and great having ChristmasFM as the backdrop for it too. The presenter I think 2 years ago actual read out decorating tips as I was putting the tree up.

I wonder if Christmas FM will choose the 100 days on the countdown at announce charity partner or suchlike?

Be interesting to see if they reference the late announcement. Probably most likely that they are busy with the studio move and it's just delayed things a bit.

Now that the morning doggo walks are pitch black there’s only one thing for it… I turned on the ChristmasFM app for some company and talk about an instant hit of happiness. I love the dark mornings/evenings with Christmas music playing in my ears.

Filling me up with nice happy warmth.

Still a little early for me to listen to full on Christmas tunes, used to be the launch of the FM broadcast, but the last few years I started dipping in from the time the presenters started up online. Will probably do the same this year if they start up early. Classical & Carols the odd indulgence until then.

Odd that we're nearly into October and still haven't had a charity partner announcement. This is the latest its been for as along as I can remember.

Yeah it's the latest I've ever seen for a charity announcement they haven't even teased anything!

Actually not the latest as 9 years ago today I tweeted them this haha

9 years ago Christmas FM was a smaller entity though.

I actually tweeted them a couple of weeks back but got no reply.

• Advertisement

Christmas FM has got more attention and interest from the general public over the years than any other temporary licensed station. People were talking about it and putting it on in the background before its online options became commonplace, or possibly even existed. Most of the interest in other temporary licensed stations has been among the radio anoraks.

Advertisement