Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Washing Machine door won't lock even after replacing the lock

Options
  • 23-09-2022 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Candy Washer Dryer CDB 854DN-80

There was a short noise coming from the washing machine after pressing the start button.

Not sure about the error code, but could have been Error 07 - related to the door lock.

The next I tried to start the machine, it would not work, i.e. the padlock icon flashes a few times and goes off (error code is no longer displayed).

The door doesn't engage (lock) and the cycle doesn't start.

I replaced the door lock with a new one, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

The current seems to be flowing through the cable & into the door lock module (tested)

Is it possible the problem is with the control PCB module, which seems to be working fine, otherwise?

Are there any potential other reasons e.g. some faulty sensors?

Links to

Door Lock: https://www.4candy.co.uk/door-interlock-rold-dm053/product.pl?pid=866247&query=cdb+854dn-80

Candy PCB Control Module: https://www.4candy.co.uk/control-pcb-module/product.pl?pid=5178636&query=cdb+854dn-80+control

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

The door interlock needs a phase and neutral to lock, you will need a meter to check if there is a supply when activated

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭greep

There is a phase & lock when I check the cable (once the door lock is disconnected).

I don't think I can check once door lock is connected - it's a piece of plastic with a cover so no access to a wire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is a time delay to unlock. I think it uses heat or something physical to create the delay. It won't unlock until a few minutes after power is removed. You can sometimes hear a slight click.

It may not unlock if it thinks water is in the drum too, even if the water is not visible and below drum level. The water level sensor needs to see drum very empty before it might let door open. Put machine on quick spin or drain and wait until it is finished 5 minutes before attempting to open.

See video below

Many thanks for explaining & adding the video.

I'm now thinking whether the issue could be with "Water Level Pressure Switch"?

It seems that the machine broke (the noise went out after the doors were closed the first time and perhaps during water filling - as there is still some water in the machine now). This is after asked my partner for the details of how it happened :D

Now (after it broke), the machine does not it even lock the door despite I changed the door lock mechanism

Like I told you a few posts back the lock will not activate without a 230 volt supply, ie live and neutral, the phase and neutral come down from the pcb and with the door closed returns the phase(live) back up to the board, that is the only way it will work, I have worked on Hoover/Candy machines for decades.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the post.

It seem that the current is flowing (tested with a meter) - I mentioned in the original post.

Anyway, I ordered a new PCB Control Panel as the existing has been acting up sometimes.

Will let you know once received & installed

before you spend any more money pull the connctor blocks off the pcb individually and re attach as it may be down to a bad contact on the harness block. Ideally test the three wires from the interlock to pcb for continuity.

Thanks, only reading it now.

The PCB Control has arrived & I just installed it. Still the same problem

To sum up, the machine still doesn't lock the door & therefore doesn't start the wash cycle despite the replacement of door lock & pcb control panel.

Advertisement