Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22/23 WC thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Thanks, I threw it together earlier but will downgrade Kane to Isak to catch a price rise potentially and look at goalkeeper options too, looking at Raya now as his fixtures aren't bad but it's Brentford

Apologies, I may throw a few drafts in here to document progress and get feedback, this draft takes out the double Newcastle defence and the double Spurs attack, gives me Diaz as Liverpool cover and Dalot instead of Malacia who has a better xA:

Sa Ward

James Trippier Cancelo Dalot Patterson

Maddison Son Martinelli Diaz Pereira

Isak Haaland Mitrovic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Its the plan, its not set in stone! Anyone wildcarding this week and not having a plan for GW12 is going to be in a lot of bother as most have 4-6 City/Arsenal assets and at least one bench player they are not comfortable starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea I get that, but if your early on Martielli/Saliba/Cancelo/KdB/Haaland - selling them to buy back might not be realistic. I'd say a decent number of players will play with 10 that week, as for bench players - you can get dirt cheap players who are getting minutes so there is no reason why you shouldn't be comfortable starting them. Patterson, Williams, Pereira, Reed, Longstaff.

My comment was also more about Salah - he's done very little to justify his place in a team yet everyone is talking about a plan to get him back in. Why not plan to keep the likes of KdB and plan around others, From GW13-18, City have 4 home games, and play Leeds and Leicester away - you'll want 3 City players for those game - likely Cancelo/KdB and Haaland.

While Diaz has worked tirelessly, he still only has 3 goals and two of them were against a dismal Bournemouth - remember that 9-0 game that Salah blanked in? Remember there was a time where everyone kept Bruno because his luck would change? Well, it never did, maybe that's Salah - maybe the hunger is gone now that he has the contract, time will tell but if this game teaches you anything it's form over fixtures.

I've actually thought about getting Nunez for the Brighton game - he looked very dangerous in his first game, and then got suspended for 3, so we haven't seen him as much in comparison to Salah/Diaz.

Is this the same Salah that has only 7pts less scored than KDB in a game less (said game KDB scored 10) I think you might be over estimating his demise.

So if your keeping 3 City, are you planning on going eithout any Arsenal cover at all? Or FH in GW12?

• Advertisement

If you believe that it doesn't make a pile of sense to be selling him before a home game against Brighton who have just lost their manager. I won't have 3 city player going into GW12, so i'll bench the two that I have, and Saliba. I won't lose any value on Jesus so can easily just sell him and buy back, and as for Martinelli his returns have somewhat dried up a little, so might look to move him on, or if does pick up, play that week with 10 players.

Regarding Salah and KdB if you watch them both playing you'll see that KdB has been far more dangerous than Salah, and has been unlucky not to return more points, whereas Salah has gotten at least one very lucky assist if not two this season, the team dynamic has changed a lot since Diaz joined - he's getting on the ball a lot more, likewise Nunez. In seasons gone by Salah was the main man, and was played in a lot more. Bobby worked hard but didn't score much - hence was never seen as a player to have in FF, whereas Nunez coming in is a different type of player who will get goals, If Bobby is dropped whose taking his role of working hard for team and making the space for Salah?

Sure I could be wrong on Salah, but it's interesting to see how many teams don't have TAA any more yet everyone was saying I was the mad one not having him - what's changed? Is he not longer a 200+ point player?

I'm not selling him, I'm on a wildcard, and I haven't had Salah since GW5.

I fully agree that KDB looks far more dangerous, that's why he's in my wildcard team!!

I have no idea what you have seen in Nunez, cause all I have seen is a player struggling massively and with the first touch of an elephant! Tony Mitrovic, Jesus, Isak all far better options.

Again absolutely no idea why you are talking about TAA when he is not in my team or hasn't even been mentioned here, are you feeling OK??

I'm grand, my first post in here wasn't directed towards you - but you replied to it - and took issue with the Salah comment, which is strange if you sold him.

My point on TAA was that many people here ridiculed me about him not worth it given Pool were playing with their 3rd/4th/5th CB option - and just noticed that the majority of teams in here no longer have him, especially the ones on WC, as seen above, which is kinda funny now that the first choice CB pair are back fit and playing, If anything he's more likely to keep CS now.

Bravo on not picking TAA!! Nobody on this thread has mentioned him???

And your first post was clearly directed at the KDB to Salah plan so why pretend otherwise?

Any chance we get a sight of your GW9 team?? From what your saying on different threads you have about 17 players.

I like the Raya option, I was really between him and Guiata, Brentfords fixtures are very good and the only reason I didnt go with Raya was I have Toney upfront and didnt wnt to double up, if you dont have Toney then Raya is a perfectly good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I have KdB and have kept enough in the bank to get Salah back. But wont be doing so until he shows some form, although he scored v Ajax he was poor otherwise and miscontrolled the ball a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He still has the most chances created in the top 5 leagues in Europe. So he is still a threat in terms of goal creation, as we've seen from his assists this year. It's just that he is not in the goal scoring form as other seasons, and there are other players that are and have taken over the perma-captain option.

Thiago was brilliant in that Ajax game and brought more control & creation into the midfield which in turn helped Salah. Also the positioning of Elliott is going to change after the break, IMO, which will also help Salah. He is weaker defensively and when Hendo returns, this will give greater freedom to Salah IMO. Well, that's my theory anyways.

But whether Nunez starting is going to keep Salah out wide is another thing. We don't really fully know yet if it was the midfield that was affecting Salah, his positioning or his form. Personally I think it was the midfield, but I could be wrong.

Draft number 4 here, no Trippier but sticking with TAA and KDB instead of Son:

Guaita Ward

TAA Cancelo James Dalot Williams

KDB Maddison Martinelli Zaha Pereira

Haaland Mitrovic Solanke

With TAA not featuring against Italy and now dropped from the Squad for the Germany game, might it be the time that he gets the head down and puts in a number of eye catching performances, similarly to march 2021, when he was dropped. I think he went onto have 4/5 double digit scores in FF around that time and got himself into the squad only to get injured. As it stands he probably has 40% chance to get on the plane to the WC. Pool's fixtures after Brighton not great though.

Would you go TAA over Salah?

I'm not exactly sure if it's viable to go with both atm. The predicted price drops during the IB never happened, but would have made a difference.

Dunno, don't really fancy either of them based on form but, if TAA wants to be at the WC and/or start the WC he needs to do something, With Matip back fit that might help them tighten up in defence, but who knows.

Andy Robertson is still injured and missing Brighton so Tsimikas might be a decent cheaper alternative to TAA at 4.5 for GW9. Benchable thereafter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Current WC draft with 1.1 itb.

Sanchez (Ward)

Cancelo James Trippier (Coufal Williams)

KDB Zaha Martinelli Maddison (Andreas)

Haaland Mitro Toney

Still not sure on GK, have both since GW1 and struggling to pick an alternative. Raya next in line

Coufal might become Fofana, great value at 4.4

KDB could change to Salah

Martinelli I'm not sure about as would lose value but with tough games and a blank coming up he could be moved on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is anyone else's draft depressingly similar to their GW1 squad??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭LostArt

90% I'll be going with this

Ward (might gamble on Iverson), Guaita

Trippier, Cancelo, James, Guehi, Williams

Salah, Zaha, Maddison, , Martinelli, Andreas

Haaland, Mitro, Toney

The goalkeepers could end up as any 4.5/4 combo by deadline but I think I'm settled on my outfield players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Not sure on double Palace defence, WH have some nice games coming up

Are you worried about treble Palace in any way? Or are they price convenient.

I currently also have Guaita & Zaha, and am tempted by Guehi at his price. He is a great enabler, but then having double Palace DEF is a bit iffy. Currently on double Newcastle DEF, as my GW7 team, and not really convinced as 1 may be enough but I'm happy to go along with it at the same time.

So far during the IB, I've tried to build value but it's mainly been 0.1 price rises and no 0.2. Have a few players locked in, but want to try and work out a premium plan now.

Very similar to what my nearly confirmed WC will be:

Guaita Ward

Trippier Cancelo James Dalot Williams

Salah Maddison Martinelli Zaha Pereira

Haaland Mitrovic Toney

I'm close now as well....but not happy at all 😬

Still have 0.6m in the bank.

Zouma and Mings are possibly the two most underwhelming differentials of all time but both seem nailed and have ok fixtures.

Obviously need Salah and TAA to explode in the next couple of weeks before everyone has them again

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

TAA and Salah together could be a great differential. I’m sure they’re combined ownership among active players is very low! I kept Salah and captaining this week so hopefully that faith pays off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Had not intended on using WC this early but after a very decent first 2 weeks I have plummeted in rankings as had bad luck as owned an underperforming TAA,Zinchenko who got injured,Perisic another sicknote and Rodrigo who only lasted a game for me till injured:)

Am down at OR of 2.5m......probably my lowest ranking ever after this many GW's. So pulled the trigger to get rid of likes of Perisic,Walker,Salah,Grob and Jesus who may well return soon if he starts to score more goals.

Wildcard squad now- Sa / Guaita

Trippier James Cancelo Guehi Williams

KDB Maddison Martinelli Zaha Andreas

Mitro Haaland Toney

Am hoping I can have a run of 4 or 5 green arrows to save my Season.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE WILDCARDERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'm pretty sure I'll almost never play Guaita and Guehi, but Justin is under consideration for the defence spot too. I'd almost certainly have bought him if Brendan had been sacked by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Take a punt on Iversen for Sa.

Wolves very short of CBs. Might see Neves or Jonny there. GL

Currently on this, but not happy with it.

Raya Guaita

Fofana Dias Schar Trippier Zuoma

Salah Maddison Zaha Martinelli Gordon

Toney Haaland Mitrovic

1.4 ITB

Not keen on Gordon and I only brought him in to try and catch an easy 0.1 over the break. Schar will probably not make the cut too. Could be Botman though because of his price.

• Advertisement

Nearly there now....got rid of Bailey thankfully and taking a punt on Billing... probably a transfer waiting to happen but will give him a couple of weeks.

Also got rid of Zouma after reading an article about team's fixtures between now and the World Cup....West Ham are going to be seriously stretched over the next few weeks so playing it safer with Tarks and Mings

Advertisement