Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Must be very frustrating for everyone involved at Boston. This would never be a welcome situation but for it to happen during their championship window with such a promising team is even worse.

Hopefully they can just get on with it and a few games in I'm sure there will be another drama to distract the Stephen A Smiths of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I can't believe some of the absolute sh*t out of Stephen A. and Kendrick Perkins' mouths this week. Perkins is not the smartest guy in the world, but Stephen A. should know better.....he's not stupid. I know he's capable of saying some crazy sh*t, but if someone like Matt Barnes backtracks in his support for Udoka, then that should tell you a lot about what's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Smith does this stuff all the time to keep people talking about him. It's not his opinion, it's just the same crap that Skip Bayless does.

Bayless is a very intelligent guy but acts stupid quite a bit.

Why do I mention Bayless? It's because the two of them used to work together on First Take, Bayless recruited him for it, and they've remained good friends. I'm sure they are still in touch discussing which topics to act stupid and controversial on.

To be fair, Shannon Sharpe was quite good in the clips I've seen of him on this. No BS, no race card played, no deflection.

I was on Celtics reddit last night. There's talk of multiple women now (incl. players wives and girlfriends), pregnancies, and abortions. I don't know what to think any more.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

Celtics looking to bring Jay Larranaga back from the Clippers to join the coaching team. I played with Jay, makes it all very real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Celtics pick up Blake Griffin for a year. I don't mind that to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This could be one for the 22/23 season thread if anyone wants to do the honours but Celtics looked damn good against the Hornets. Albeit pre season and Hornets.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

are they upset he was sleeping with their girl friends and wives, or something more sinister ?

if he is just good with the ladies the seasons suspension seems harsh !!

• Advertisement

Few days old now, but Kareem absolutely ripped into Kyrie. Its a bit of a funny read just for the simple fact its so hard hitting.

Also, I watched the Scoot Henderson v Victor Wembanyana game last night and it was absolutely amazing. Scoot is like a young Derrick Rose and I don't even know what Wembanyana's comp is. Hes otherworldly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The tanking for Wembanyana is going to be a whole new level this year. Might have the kings make the playoffs haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Big blow up between Draymond and Poole at practice, with Draymond striking Poole, they say there will be disciplinary action against Draymond.

Obviously we don’t know much about it but there has been a lot of talk of Poole being very cocky since the winning of Championship and he has been talking about getting the bag since. Draymond obviously can drive you crazy with his dumb antics but I would nearly take his side because he has that drive to win and doesn’t put up with any BS by cocky upstarts, team first !!!

I've seen clips of Victor W. for a few years now but wow all the skills were on show in Vegas. The only fear I'd have is injury potential but there's no way he won't be All NBA early and often, and will be the next "big thing" for years to come. It's insane that someone so tall could be so coordinated and have such a soft shooting touch and form.

It's going to be a very interesting year for Draymond. He's made no secret that he wants the Max but being completely honest on recent (over the last few years) and current form and offensive production he doesn't deserve one - and he's only going to decline from now on. If GS offer him a max they hamper themselves elsewhere financially (and yes I know they have the money but at some point this will stop) in the future, and if they don't he'll throw a complete strop where anything is possible. Now you have this on top of all the KD stuff and you have to wonder at some stage will they just go "F-it, it's too much trouble for what we're getting on court".

The correct decision would be to pay him below the max and try and retain him, but he's so stubborn and prideful (re. his perceived worth) I can see him walking if he doesn't get paid. And he's with Klutch now too so you know they're not taking a discount - LeBron will of course try and bring him to LA too.

Kareem is one of the most intelligent, articulate, and humble athletes in history. His work off the court is incredible. His autobiographies (there are a few) should be must reads for any basketball fan.

Interesting to see LeBron take another shot at him this week 🙄. LeBron doesn't like Kareem as Kareem dared to call LeBron out on his BS, despite complimenting him on many, many occasions. Kareem has written about this too:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, speaking before the Lakers hosted Denver on Sunday afternoon at the unveiling of a social justice trophy bearing his name, again criticized LeBron James for actions he said “were beneath” James and said the Lakers star should be “embarrassed” by some of the things he’s done.

Abdul-Jabbar wrote critically earlier this season about James’ handling of COVID-19 in public comments supporting Andrew Wiggins’ vaccine hesitancy and about James’ use of a meme equating COVID-19 to the common cold and the flu.

He said the criticism was born out of high expectations for James’ activism and how he’s addressed issues of inequality “quite forcefully and eloquently.” While he’s met James, the two men have never spoken about activism or Abdul-Jabbar’s criticisms.

“I wouldn't mind doing it if he would take the time. I definitely got the time,” Abdul-Jabbar said of speaking with him. “I admire the things that he's done that have gotten all our attention. Sending a whole school to college? Wow. That's amazing. His thoughtfulness and willingness to back it up with his wallet, you got to give him credit for that.

“So I'm not throwing stones. I just wish he wouldn't — you know, some of the things he's done, he should be embarrassed about. That's just where I'm coming from.”

LeBron can't take any criticism at all, from anyone.

I totally agree with you, well said. I also understand why he thinks he deserves the max, he is one of the main reasons we won all those championships and he feels like he has earned it but now he has given the Warriors an out, the video will not do him any favors, it looks bad.

I am probably more old school in these matters, I’ve gotten into more than my fair share of training ground fights but times have changed plus these guys are in the crosshairs of modern media, it’s not easy.

Draymond May of thought he was the voice of the team, not anymore, that is solely Curry now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Draymond throwing a cheap shot, absolutely on-brand for him

• Advertisement

It’s all over the media here now since the video came out, there are a lot of voices wanting Draymond out, I think the Warriors won’t be easily influenced by this but it does play it’s part now. Draymond really has shot himself in the foot this time, i understand why some fans are over him, it’s one thing after another, he has won us championships and he has lost us one. One thing is true though, Warriors have never been in a better position to move on from him, but what value does he hold in this moment.

Poole will have a big day in how this goes, if he can forgive then it will die down

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Fun game, Chicago Bulls beat Denver Nuggets well this morning.

Goddamn it's great to watch Bulls flow like that, even it is just a pre-season game.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come and fans won’t miss Lonzo as much as they think they will.

Celtics are letting teams talk to Udoka. He’s gone. No chance of it bring sorted now. An absolute sh*t show. Season is a write off and a ball hasn’t even been bounced, and I dare say it’s not an exaggeration to suggest championship window might be over.

i don’t follow other teams super close outside GS but I’ve always had a soft spot for Bulls, probably from growing up in Ireland and they were the **** at that time but… honestly how good do you think they will do, doesn’t seem like they have changed much, they got some pretty tight players like DeRozan and LaVine can get after it, what’s his name vuecic or something is really good in my opinion, Ball injured ? But I don’t see them doing much, kind of a mid table team for me, could they get to the East finals ,”? Obviously anyone can but I just wouldn’t have any faith in them

Another great win for the Bulls. Zach just can't seem to get off the starting line which isn't a great start for the max contract player. Great to see others, especially the bench stepping up and putting up good numbers. Will they win a chip? No, but it's damn fun to watch them even win a game.Next game vs Bucks will be interesting and then to see how they want to cement their starting 5 for the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Have changed the thread title to be for the upcoming season.

Honestly? I see them as a Play In Team in that 6-10 bracket. East is too strong at the moment PLUS if Ball is injured they'll be in real trouble. DeRozan had an incredible season last year, but honestly I can't see him repeating that at his age/second season syndrome etc. Everything is pointing downwards for them.

• Advertisement

Pre-season of course but Anthony Davis was very very good last night, and he'll have to be going forward if the Lakers want any hope of making the play-in, where I predict they'll end up unless they become injury ravaged again.

Advertisement