Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Green" policies are destroying this country

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Air tight houses are supposed to have heat recovery ventilation systems. These have a heat exchanger that takes heat from exhausted stale air and use it to heat fresh incoming air. There are no health hazards if a sealed house uses one of these, which by default, they should.

I thought about getting one 20 years ago but decided not to.

It's great to hear that the carbon tax increases are going ahead as scheduled.

The funds generated by this tax are an important financial resource for a great many environmental initiatives, among the most well known is the retrofit scheme

Yeah this is brilliant. Delighted to see it to be honest. Feckin eejits digging up dirt and burning it. Rewet the lot I say. It's a massive carbon store that only works as such when it's wet.

Drained, it's a carbon emitter.

Remember how the land use and forestry sectors were left off the sectoral emissions list, well its safe to say this low-hanging fruit will be called out for sorting once the emissions targets are released for that sector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ginger22

and can you afford the compo bill. This will be heading for the courts should they try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Absolutely fantastic that the green lunacy can continue unabated and well heeled green voters can get money off their already affordable for them upgrades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,069 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Did you actually read the link ?

Which do you think a dairy farmers with milking parlours will opt for if they have some of this land, growing berries or stocking water buffaloes ?

A massive world market for mozzarella cheese. Predicted to rise from $35.83Bn in 2021 to $55.92Bn by 2029. Australia now have 700,000 dairy water buffaloes compared to 1.5M dairy cows.

We hear a lot of old guff from greens about our E.U. commitments (not much on those they are happy to ignore that do not suit though) While the Irish Green`s were threatening to collapse the government if they did not get their way on cuts to cattle numbers, the E.U Agriculture Commissioner stated that the E.U had no interest in cutting cattle numbers, that food security was their concern.

Water buffalo, like cattle are ruminates and emit methane gas. It doesn`t look from this latest from the E.U. that it`s not a problem for them and the The Irish Green Party comes across as nothing much more than a bunch of dangerous ideological loonies that will use anything to further that ideology without the slightest consideration for an economy they are doing their best to flush down the toilet. or anyone else other than their own loony apostles.

Well they won't be using them to build offshore windfarms because every competent player in that field have Ireland's number. The wheels have come off that glorious green vision you subscribe to. There is no solution to this as Ireland will never be smart enough to fix the planning system.

At least I won't have to worry about 3 time nuclear strike price for offshore wind driving up electricity even more and the Dublin coastal dwellers won't have to worry about their views being spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Dacor has gone into a manic green state.

You have achieved green enlightenment and are now one with your dear green leader.

For those who don't understand what carbon taxes are used for and why they are an important asset, feel free to have a read through this

Its not used for offshore wind development

https://assets.gov.ie/201264/5c96e5cd-b663-4887-bf2e-e13a393ffc50.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Oh dear, you obviously didn't read the article. Read the article, comprehend the article then you will realise there is a much chance as Ireland winning the world cup in Qatar as these lands being rewetted.

• Advertisement

It`s almost amusing the self-awareness issues with greens and planning.

Bemoaning the problems with planning permission in relation to renewables when their own party leader and a government Minister is shouting off his mouth at every opportunity to influence a planning application. And their two litigious wings, An Taisce and Friends of the Irish Environment, both registered as Charities and Companies Limited by Guarantee, have been running a coach and four through planning for years.

Nothing unusual in that unfortunately. Just the usual green hypocrisy.

A certain poster, as I have mentioned, seems to get their jollies by posting links to things that they know will annoy and adversely affect people, including where the planning system is being used to frustrate anything seen as non-green, like LNG terminals. It is theirfore utterly delicious that the self same planning system has seen to the destruction of their green future wind dream.

Good to see the 600 eur electricity credit coming from the Minister of Energy (isn't that what ye call him).

You mean he's taking a wedge out of my pocket in carbon taxes and then giving me back a bit of it?, while requiring even more taxes to be taken from me to pay for the public servants that fleece me in the first place and the ones who then administer this to give some of it back in a one-off sop because an awareness of his unpopularity is starting to dawn on him. Can you spell vote-buying, boys and girls

I am not sure I can find the appropriate words to convey what I really think about this 'generosity'. I wonder if it would be cheaper all round to not collect so much tax in the first place and to not employ so many parasites to do all of this.

I may have missed it, but the only two Ministers I heard announcing this electricity credit was the Minister for Finance, and the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.

According to your post earlier the Green Party`s contribution to lowering energy bills is adding more carbon tax.

As i have said here before, "sums" is so lost on them they do not even understand basic addition and subtraction.

A certain poster that is here cheering on carbon taxes when the exchequer is shelling out billions to lower energy charges cannot even recognise the contradicting irony when it is biting him in the ass.

The irony of now being snookered by the same planning minutia he was gloating about doing the same to planning proposals he, (and by coincidence the party he does not support and has never apparently voted for), has opposed is probably lost on him as well.

Amusing to watch all the same.🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭ps200306

Ryan should practice his planning skills in his own department first -- license extension application for the Inishkea gas prospect (Europa Oil and Gas) sitting in his in-tray since March, and Barryroe petroleum lease undertaking application (Providence Resources) since April 2021. Not a squeak out of Ryan on the stuff he is responsible for, while he goes and sticks his oar in on planning applications to other bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

IIRC there were worries about Ireland's biodiversity lots of hot air and no reason given for it. Turns out 200k feral cats will be the issue eating anything they can find birds frogs all that. Cull being announced just like on the gulls. I would love some truth from the greens at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Like most Green warriors he just wants to see people struggle and sent into poverty at any cost. Fortunately enough the Greens are getting decimated at the next election by the countries voting block.

• Advertisement

Hey if ye can blame him for everything, the inverse is also true, all the good news is due to him too 😉

I'm just using your logic 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ginger22

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

I think the majority of people would prefer to see a cap on energy bills, rather than a roundabout subsidy to the energy companies.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

If you or the greens were using logic then I might just see your point, but really for you and the Irish Green Party logic is a planet far far from here.

Your latest that Ryan is responsible for these measure to curb energy charges while he is still insisting on carbon taxes speaks for itself where logic is concerned. Your latest "good news" on re-wetting land to stock it with water buffalo after the greens threatening to collapse the government on cattle numbers if they did not get their way while Brazil increase theirs by 24 million defied any logic even before this latest "good news" and must have the E.U. Commissioner for Agriculture not just questioning the logic of Irish greens, but the sanity.

But then in the E.U. he is not likely to be alone in that I imagine there are others head scratching on the Irish greens position on LNG which is an approved E.U. transitional energy source for a country that is not even in compliance with the E.U on energy security.

For yourself there are a fair few bowsies that defy logic. Your recent idea that somehow a loan from the European Investment Bank was free money being just one example, but there have many others. Not the least of your support for Ryan`s logic on a community of less than 500 being legally permitted to sell or gift turf while for a community of 501 to do so would be illegal was closer to insanity than logic. But there have been many more examples of that. Wolves and lynx running wild being just two of them. For yourself we had you one day supporting a one man and his dog protest to a gas fired plant in Galway and a few days later posting more "good news" on extra gas fired plants.

All of that is not even touching on the Irish Green Party or their supporters understanding of basic mathematics on costing of their wish list or the economic damage their agenda will do to the country. The Irish Green Party do not do logic. They do ideology where logic is not even a distant consideration. For your good self, unfortunately logic is every bit as distant and your posts are nothing other that total unquestioned parroting of that agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

The greens looking after their own again. the wealthy clique will get the grants, while others get it for free, once again the squeezed middle get sweet FA from the greens, retrofit scheme is mired in controversy with price gouging,substandard work, and 3 year waits for work to be completed.

The greens could have abolished VAT on all retrofit materials,labour.solar panels, and put the control of works in the hands of the householders, a missed opportunity from the greens again, but I am not surprised, I wonder how many Green activists have their finger in the retrofit/sustainability pie.

The grant for Electric vehicles will be phased out by July 2023, should give enough time for the wealthy green clique to get their orders in, while the rest of us can go and swivel.

Only solution is get the greens out, other parties can do environmentalism better, we dont need the greens.

https://www.independent.ie/business/budget/if-i-was-to-pack-my-job-in-and-rely-on-welfare-i-could-get-my-house-retrofitted-for-free-working-mum-hits-out-at-income-limits-for-energy-upgrades-42022899.html

other parties can do environmentalism better

All evidence to the contrary

My local area they have started to retrofit the social housing. These are the small granny homes. Heat pumps huge amounts of solar on the roof. Would have been cheaper to knock them down and build new. I mean they have a massive Heat pump on the wall 1 story house with about 3 rooms. Shocking waste of money right there. One of the finished ones has gaps in the lead near the chimney. Well at least the fitter got cash.

Wait I thought the argument was all the policies were pre green party so their not to blame yet now they can fix everything ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Nonsense,the other parties have given the greens the rope to hang themselves and the green gleefully accepted it.The greens should be taking the populace with them, not antagonising huge swathes of the population, they have lost all credibility with their amateur and crackpot policies.They are dead in the water,there is no way back for them, I just hope the country is not ruined before we get rid of them.

Advertisement